The Eldritch Tomb of Unknowable Caffeine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score
I have started a new novel. At least I think it is a novel.

I am not sure about this one.

Updates at 11.

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
:Hug2: I wish I could help. Not trying to be alarming, but have you considered a trip to a neurologist? Trouble swallowing is one of the items on their list. :( Or is there another ENT in your network? Someone has to have a cancellation.

Working with a neurologist and allergist and an ENT will see me in a month (their earliest opening).

Thems the breaks I guess :(

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
:chair

Naps decrease the melodrama! No need for annihilation!

Of the characters LAM! Not you! You're too adorable to annihilate.

Working with a neurologist and allergist and an ENT will see me in a month (their earliest opening).

Thems some bad breaks. I hope the month speeds by for you, in the meantime check back to see when they have any cancelations in their scheduals. :Hug2:

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score

Did they do a blood screen. I don't want to sound like an alarmist but when my younger sister had symptoms like that is was lymphoma. :( Hopefully it's just an infection and can easily be cleared up. Got my fingers crossed for you

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score
I apologize Kweei, I hope you are able to manage until then. At the moment I am in the middle of my own diagnostic hell so I sympathize.

Anyway, the update at 11:

99.9999999% of this stupid story is telling.

For example:

And then Matilda had died. In November of last year she fainted at a formal dinner and drowned in her soup. Consommé, Salem had heard from the people who had actually been there, like that somehow changed the fact that a thirty-year-old woman had drowned in her soup right in front of them and they did not do a thing to stop it.

Updates as this story develops.

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
Apologies that I have been talking health nonstop. Just is the big thing on my mind right now :(

Did they do a blood screen. I don't want to sound like an alarmist but when my younger sister had symptoms like that is was lymphoma. :( Hopefully it's just an infection and can easily be cleared up. Got my fingers crossed for you

Yeah, I've thought about that and it really scares me. They took some blood samples at the ER and a CT Scan and even an EKG. I'd assume it would have shown up there? Only result was swollen nodes. I just woke up now and they are still swollen, so it's not just a "when I eat thing." I just don't want it to be serious :(

I apologize Kweei, I hope you are able to manage until then. At the moment I am in the middle of my own diagnostic hell so I sympathize.

Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear :(

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Allergy meds are a gift from the gods!! I predict less sneezing today. Though it seems today will be a twitchy day instead of a extra bad allergy day. Damn epilepsy. :Soapbox:

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently, no one has a clue why my neck is swelling and I have trouble swallowing. Not like any of that is an important function to have.

Apologies that I have been talking health nonstop. Just is the big thing on my mind right now :(
Eh, when something weird is happening with your health, it's scary and it can be all you're thinking about. We've all been there. I really hope you're able to get some answers sooner rather than later :(

Hello, Cantina-folk.

The siren story is going quite slowly, but I'm a.) actually writing and b.) actually writing the same thing I was several days ago, so that's a significant improvement.

Also, I've once again been struck by new-avatar-change-rosis. WHAT A TWEEST. I shall ponder whether to give in or resist the urge.

:D Hope you like it! She's a little heavy on the descriptions of town life and light on ones of people, but it was a good book with a good ending. I'm torn between starting on GoT (I have at last given in to temptation) or the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. I'm leaning towards CTC at the moment. But I have a book ban in place until 7:30pm next Monday (last final), so I have time to take Cantina votes. :tongue

Give in with me and let us both emerge fresh faced and rosy cheeked.
Loving the new looks, guys! I'm really thinking about changing mine now. But that pic of Defiant is just so cool *daydream*

*Puts on headphones in case of sirens before cheering for Lily's writing!*

LAM, I made a HUGE mistake in reading the Thomas Covenant books in eighth grade. Pretty sure they scarred me for life. But every once in a while I get the urge to try them again as an adult and see if I'd be able to better process what I was reading.

I have started a new novel. At least I think it is a novel.

I am not sure about this one.

Updates at 11.
*Cheers you on as well!*

Hey there.

Lots of new faces.
*waves to Max even though her face is getting older every minute* :D

Good morning Cantina! Happy Wednesday. It is Wednesday right?

Last night I moved into the third act of my superhero story just past the 64k point. I'm actually starting to feel like I could get all the way to the end of this one too. At which point I really need to dig back into editing on one or another of these. But man, I like being on a writing roll, and I half want to just keep going!

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Nope not the green ranger. For some reason in the original Power Rangers movie the black ranger Adam is the one who had the frog as his ranger totem. I know too much about early Power Rangers for my own good. I swear.
To each their own guilty pleasures. :D Black ranger with a frog totem, great now I can't stop thinking about ninja frogs all singing 'everybody was kong frog fighting...'

Your big ball of fuzz is adorable by the way.

I live to help, and man, that is one seriously cute and lazy-looking cat. <3
Oh he is, and he knows it. :D

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
To each their own guilty pleasures. :D Black ranger with a frog totem, great now I can't stop thinking about ninja frogs all singing 'everybody was kong frog fighting...'

My guilty pleasures are many and varried. Among them knowing the original Power Ranger zords, and the Ninjeti Power Ranger zords from the original series and movie. Adam was disgruntled to go from Mastadon to Frog when they got the new zords in the movie.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Hey there.

Lots of new faces.

Max! Hiiiii! :D How've you been?

Yeah, I've thought about that and it really scares me. They took some blood samples at the ER and a CT Scan and even an EKG. I'd assume it would have shown up there? Only result was swollen nodes. I just woke up now and they are still swollen, so it's not just a "when I eat thing." I just don't want it to be serious :(

Health is a big thing, and an unknown health factor even worse than most. It's scary and you want your friends for support. That's us. :Hug2: So talk to us about it as much as you need.

Last night I moved into the third act of my superhero story just past the 64k point. I'm actually starting to feel like I could get all the way to the end of this one too. At which point I really need to dig back into editing on one or another of these. But man, I like being on a writing roll, and I half want to just keep going!
Whoohoo!! Keep going!

LAM and Lily, like the new avies :D

Goood morning.

asnys

Do Not Fear the Future
Registered
Reaction score
Website
atomic-skies.blogspot.com
My guilty pleasures are many and varried. Among them knowing the original Power Ranger zords, and the Ninjeti Power Ranger zords from the original series and movie. Adam was disgruntled to go from Mastadon to Frog when they got the new zords in the movie.

My main guilty pleasure is terrible Cthulhu Mythos stories, I think.

Oldbrasscat

Making stuff up...or maybe sleeping
Registered
Reaction score
In a bunker, lobbing grenades at the plot bunnies.
If she did, I'd appreciate knowing the address of the little shop where such spells can be purchased. Life has been major suckage lately, enough so that I've bought new locks for my house (the old ones didn't work anymore), and I'll be investing in heavy curtains for ALL the windows. Some neighbours are not very neighbourly. However, term will be over soon and then I'll be able to be home to make sure no one is messing with the horses when I'm at work.

What did I miss while I was otherwise engaged? Parties, sales, smibble explosions?

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
If she did, I'd appreciate knowing the address of the little shop where such spells can be purchased. Life has been major suckage lately, enough so that I've bought new locks for my house (the old ones didn't work anymore), and I'll be investing in heavy curtains for ALL the windows. Some neighbours are not very neighbourly. However, term will be over soon and then I'll be able to be home to make sure no one is messing with the horses when I'm at work.

What did I miss while I was otherwise engaged? Parties, sales, smibble explosions?

I started my dark urban fantasy novella.

Physsica

Planning a return trip to earth.
Registered
Reaction score

Ummm... are you safe? I can send my AK-47 wielding AF husband, if need be.

And poor little smibbles... *sniff*

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com

Wha? None of this sounds good at all. :Hug2:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Nooo, why do you think that?

I'm watching you.

:Hug2: I second Physsica's question. Are you safe?

Oldbrasscat

Making stuff up...or maybe sleeping
Registered
Reaction score
In a bunker, lobbing grenades at the plot bunnies.
Hooray for dark UF. I still like the genre, even if it is getting to be a hard sell. I like twisting everyday things.

Physsica, I think I'm safe, but thanks for the offer of the hubby. I have an old (over 35) pony who was abused before I got him. He has trust issues. I think someone was in the barn chasing him around about two weeks ago, because between one day and the next, I went from being able to catch him, pick out his feet and brush him, to not being able to get a hand on him. It's all being stirred up by a local purveyor of horsey Kool-Aid, whose cup I declined to sip from. I'm debating installing video cameras facing the barn, or even something that just looks like one, to deter any other intrusions. Poor old pony. He was supposed to get his feet done today, but he's not safe to work on.

Some days, I hate people. (present company excepted)

ETA: the locks are because I wouldn't be surprised if some of them got bold enough to go through the house, looking for whatever they could use to cause trouble for me. I guess that, no longer having a man in house, I am now fair game for rural gossip-mongering and interference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.