• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Fox Literary Agency (Diana Fox)

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Diana e-mailed me several times over the last three months, and I keep getting the impression that she is a genuinely caring and NICE individual. I e-mailed her to tell her I'd accepted representation elsewhere, and she mailed me back to congratulate me. Seriously, she'd be awesome to have.

JenWriter

Word Count Slayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jenhayley.com
Awesome Tas.

Sera Phyn - Good luck with your full!

And here's hoping I get a request myself. :)

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I got a very prompt and very polite rejection from her. The promptness really is awesome, as I'm not a patient person. Good luck to all who've sent her material!

Nadia

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nadialee.net
Sometimes agents keep queries longer and so on.

I wouldn't worry comparing response times. Besides would it mean less if she requested your full but it just took her an extra week to do so? :)

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Diana seems very friendly and professional. She requested a full after I'd already signed with someone else, and told me she was sorry to have missed out and that she'd look forward to buying my book when it was on the shelves.

Not to often I got the warm fuzzies from an agent while I was looking, but I definitely did from her.

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
I received a request for a full about a month after an email query. Ms. Fox indicated that it can take her up to 3 months to review the manuscript, so it seems that she is still answering queries, but is incredibly backlogged.

sistermorphine

getting weird, going pro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sarahevekelly.com
I've been waiting on a full submission since roughly the beginning of June. She said two months at the time, and I know she's since revised that to three. I sent two status requests, about five weeks apart, and haven't heard anything. I wonder if I'm just getting lost in the netting? It sounds like she's a pretty prompt correspondent.

coloradogirl

The poster formerly known as...
Registered
Reaction score
sistermorphine, I think she just has a big backlog right now. I submitted my full at the end of May and haven't heard yet. I sent a status check a few weeks ago and Diana responded apologizing for the delay and explaining that she's very behind on reading but she received the file properly and it's still in her queue. So I guess patience is the order of the day!

sistermorphine

getting weird, going pro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sarahevekelly.com
Thanks, color - that's encouraging! Although I'm a bit worried that she didn't respond to the status request - I suppose that's very possibly just human error.

I find that vodka makes the wait more tolerable.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
I queried her 7 weeks ago and haven't heard back.

I've heard she's worth the wait so I shall.

Sunshine13

Mom by day, writer by night!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
christacarol.com
She's on my "To Query" List, and after reading all the good things you've all said about her, I'm putting her on my second batch to send out. She sounds very upstanding :)

Dara

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.capriciousquills.com
I've been rejected by her twice. I know that doesn't tell you much, but at least it proves she has standards. ;)

pen-ink

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.renee-carter.com
Yeah, it's also been 7 weeks since I sent my eQuery to her submissions address. As far as I know it didn't bounce... Have any of you heard back from her? She could just be buried...

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it's also been 7 weeks since I sent my eQuery to her submissions address. As far as I know it didn't bounce... Have any of you heard back from her? She could just be buried...

Still waiting after 10 weeks.

brimfire

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back on manuscripts? Mine's been out since May as well.

jgold

Grinning
Registered
Reaction score
My full's been out since May too. I never status-queried, but DF did email me in August to let me know she was behind and that my book was still under consideration.

She seems really nice. :)