• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Harvey Klinger, Inc

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Andrea's my former agent as well, and while she will always (as far as I know) ask to send 5 pages if you haven't, she's really not the type to penalize for neglecting anything like that. She's a very chill person, I assure you! She just likes to judge by material and not query alone.

Former agent, Dahlia? When did that happen?! (But, uh, if you'd rather not answer on a public forum, I understand.)

DahlELama

Registered
Reaction score
Just a few weeks ago. We weren't the right match for other manuscripts, unfortunately, but she was fantastic for me for the one she did offer on, so, no regrets! Still a Writer's Voice devotee ;-)

StrawberryTall

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any recent experience with David Dunton? Any idea how long he takes to get back to you on a full manuscript request?

whirlaway

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Strawberry,

David took 7 days to get back to me on my full. It was a rejection, but I can't complain about the speed.

Good luck!

Whirly

StrawberryTall

Registered
Reaction score
I appreciate the info, Whirly. I'm sorry to hear about the rejection. Sometimes waiting is the worst, so I'm glad to know I'm (hopefully) looking at a quick turn around.

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
I queried Sara on 9-2, since she was supposed to be back from maternity leave then, but got an auto response that she is not back until 9-9. But THEN this morning I got a full request! :D

It's an MG contemporary, and she has read a previous MG contemporary of mine. She rejected that with a form, but I guess she liked my writing well enough to request the next thing!

Relayer

Registered
Reaction score
I can't believe I found this thread! I just received a response to my e-mail query in under 24 hours. Harvey asked to read chapters! I'm so excited. He read my first novel decades ago when I was a young, unpublished writer. I kept his rejection letter because it was so thoughtful and kind it inspired me to continue my career which led me to eventually publish at a big house but with a different project.

I can't believe he is not only still around, but doing great. He deserves it, especially after reading this thread.

No matter how it turns out, I am lucky to have him read my work and give his opinion.

Wish me luck!

CSJ123

Registered
Reaction score
I just signed with Andrea based on an NA speculative novel. Very excited :)

GailSulmers

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new here and this is my first post. Harvey Klinger requested a full manuscript from me yesterday! Of course I sent it immediately. He was the first person to request a chapters from me, three weeks earlier and he said that he was intrigued by my first three chapters. I'm walking on air but I don't have any frame of reference as to how unusual this is. So what are my chances?

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I queried Sara on 9-2, got a full request on 9-9, and then I waited.

But it was worth the wait, because as of yesterday, I can now say that I am represented by Sara Crowe!!!

Super thrilled, she is fantastic, and I can't wait for the next part of the journey!

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Sara on 9-2, got a full request on 9-9, and then I waited.

But it was worth the wait, because as of yesterday, I can now say that I am represented by Sara Crowe!!!

Super thrilled, she is fantastic, and I can't wait for the next part of the journey!

OMG! Sara Crowe is fantastic! Congrats, congrats, congrats! She's Nina LaCour's agent!!!

maracalone

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Joy!! I've been watching your journey on these pages. You landed yourself an awesome agent, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer person!

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks so much everyone! And especially tbrosz for linking to my blog post! I hope it's encouraging for people who've been at this querying thing a long time. I always knew I'd get an agent someday, but I sort of expected I'd end up settling for someone further down my list. To get SARA is just ... I still can't believe it. :D

NicolaD

This will all make sense tomorrow
Registered
Reaction score
Great blog, Joy. Congrats on your new partnership with Sara, hope you make lots of beautiful deals together. :D

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
Their online submission form allows you to designate a specific agent within the agency. Check out the agent preferences to choose an agent for your query. You can also query directly in some cases, such as with Andrea Somberg (see her guidelines on the same page link).

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
I signed with Andrea after sending an e-mail directly, rather than going through the on-line form.

As I recall, it was pretty quick, too! (Just checked - submitted early August 2013, request for full mid-August, phone call and offer late August, signed early September).

And since then she's sold that book for me (as part of a three-book series) and sold another book as well (as part of a two-book series). And she's very positive and a great communicator and overall lovely to work with!

Silverrosess

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Just got a same-day rejection from Sara Crowe on a YA high fantasy... Not surprising since it's not really her genre, but I would like to know why my query, subject line "QUERY", came back with a subject line of "LOW SPAM: Query"

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I expect that's a function of the Spam filter they use on their email, meaning your email had a low spam content (that is, it wasn't spam).

I wouldn't take it personally.