• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Trident Media Group

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to query them using their online submission form, but it just stays on the same page, not giving me any information that it's been submitted. Has anyone else had this same problem? Should I just try to email the agent directly?

K.L Hallam

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karenleehallamwrites.blogspot.com
I'm still waiting, and it's almost three months he's had the full. I'm going to nudge in a week. I've been so busy because my novella was picked up by Leap/Shine books. And I've been over the moon about it. :)

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
Submitted via online form on 10/19/14 and received auto-reply email for confirmation. Received form R on 12/15/14

Mr. Mask

Registered
Reaction score
Nice. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long.

Jackx

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me anything, good bad or otherwise, about Trident Media Group in New York City?

After parting ways with my first agent a while ago, I recently decided it was time to hire a new one. I researched several of the top agencies and talked to a few agents at more boutique agencies before deciding to go with Trident. I haven't had anything new for them to represent yet, so I can't speak to how good of a job they've done for me, but they do seem very professional, and they have a sterling reputation. I also have a lot of very happy author friends who are represented by Trident, which did influence my decision.

popgun62

Keeper of the pace.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tobytatestories.com
Jackx, one of the things I like about them is that they treat you like a real human being and not just a paycheck. I've received personal comments and retweets from Mr. Gottlieb on Twitter and my agent is just amazing to work with, from editing to career advice and even the occasional pep talk. I couldn't be happier.

Mr. Mask

Registered
Reaction score
I'm preparing a query letter and submission. I have a question, if it's not too much trouble.

Is there any preferred format for a manuscript submission? I don't see one on the website, so I'm guessing they'll change the format themselves. I was wondering if I should submit the manuscript in a commonly accepted format, or leave it as written.

It may seem premature to worry about formats before getting a request, but I don't want to fumble around with this at the last minute and waste the agent's time if I did get a request.

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
I've been waiting on a response to a full from Mark Gottlieb since August, and I nudged back in December and got no response. Should I nudge again or give up? It's nearing the six month mark.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I'm preparing a query letter and submission. I have a question, if it's not too much trouble.

Is there any preferred format for a manuscript submission? I don't see one on the website, so I'm guessing they'll change the format themselves. I was wondering if I should submit the manuscript in a commonly accepted format, or leave it as written.

It may seem premature to worry about formats before getting a request, but I don't want to fumble around with this at the last minute and waste the agent's time if I did get a request.

Mr. Mask, I'm assuming your manuscript is in 12 point Times New Roman, double spaced, with a one inch margin all around, and a half inch indent at the beginning of each paragraph?

If not, any agency might be annoyed if they have to reformat your submission to adhere to industry standards.

Unless it's a picture book or a non-fiction with images. I don't know the formatting for such submissions, and it's best to dig deeper to find out what their guidelines include in such cases.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
A.P.M., I would nudge again and then perhaps move on. He might still get back to you at some point, but I'd stop worrying about it.

Have you checked QueryTracker to see what people's response times are there?

Last edited:

popgun62

Keeper of the pace.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tobytatestories.com

The format should be the same as for any manuscript - one-inch margins all around, 12-point Times New Roman font, double spaced, left justified. Also, a header on each page with your name, name of the book, and page number. Include a cover page with name of the book, your name, word count, your phone number and email address, also double-spaced.

I've been waiting on a response to a full from Mark Gottlieb since August, and I nudged back in December and got no response. Should I nudge again or give up? It's nearing the six month mark.

If it's been six months, and you've already sent a nudge, it's probably time to throw it in and move on.

Mr. Mask

Registered
Reaction score
A.P.M: I think Thedrellum's advice is good.It seems the best option is to send a polite nudge, then prepare your next query. Of course, I lack experience, so please take what I say with salt.

Chumplet:
Mm, that is the configuration I am using. One thing I am less sure of, is whether it's all right for me to submit it in UK English spelling rather than American English.

Popgun: I'm glad this is the correct format to use. Thank you for putting me at ease.

I am intending to send a query letter to Mark Gottlieb. If anyone is willing to look at it and give me advice, it would be a tremendous help to me. Sorry for always needing help. Thank you for being patient with me.

Link: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9354090

Last edited:

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com

Chumplet:
Mm, that is the configuration I am using. One thing I am less sure of, is whether it's all right for me to submit it in UK English spelling rather than American English.

Oooh, that's a tough one. I've been writing Canadian English (pretty much UK) but lately I've been buckling to the pressure and switching to American. It would depend on the agent. Some are quite rigid about what they will accept, and others are more flexible.

Most of this, however, can probably be addressed during the editing stage once a book is accepted for representation or publication, depending on where the book will be distributed.

Dick Francis' books, for example, had UK spelling, and I don't think they changed the spelling for U.S. distribution. Certainly not in Canada. Anyone in the States, do you notice UK spelling in U.S. versions?