The Daily Rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonegungrrly

Registered
Reaction score
Query in England and you only get a short paragraph, max 4 sentences :D usually. Head explode.

I actually used one of my Pitmad tweets in my recent batch of query letter and it's been my most positive batch yet.

Lonegungrrly

Registered
Reaction score
Oh.

*crosses off queries sent to UK agents as rejected*

I sent a batch out the American way and it wasn't received very well, but I'm sure they still read them :) I got one sassy reply that simply said: read the guidelines

In UK it's usually 3 paragraphs: why you're querying them, a brief paragraph about the project, then a paragraph about yourself and experience. Usually, anyway!

Antonin

▐п╣�▀╪? ╧ы§�Й!
Registered
Reaction score
Aha, if you get the natural hair ones rather than synthetic, you can curl them!

Oh... oh! THATS A GREAT IDEA

In UK it's usually 3 paragraphs: why you're querying them, a brief paragraph about the project, then a paragraph about yourself and experience. Usually, anyway!

I'll keep that in mind next time, thanks! :D

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
It finally happened. I just sent out a query where the title line listed the wrong book. (In mitigation, I did send out a nudge for this other title today also.)

I suppose emailing now to correct myself would compound the mistake. Maybe she'll be so transported by the idea and writing she won't notice the discrepancy?

I guess I still am jetlagged. I'll have to triple-check everything from now on.

Or give up and binge watch all the Outlander episodes I missed while I was gone...

krashnburn

I've gone to pink!
Registered
Reaction score
Or give up and binge watch all the Outlander episodes I missed while I was gone...

Not particularly worth it, except for some HOOAK (hunk out of a kilt) moments in the last one. I'm finding I'm less enthusiastic about the series with each episode. I really WANT to like it, but I'm finding the desire is stronger than reality. I think I'm going to be really done with it by the time they reach the end of the first book and all the..."stuff" happens to HIAK to make him HOOAK again.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
They got married.

Oops, was that a spoiler? You knew it was coming, right?

Yeah, I knew it was coming, and I saw when it came due to Twitter.

They didn't waste much time, did they?

No, no, I want to get some more queries out today. Tempt me not, krash, with imagined HOOAK scenes.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
They didn't waste much time, did they?

Actually...

Prepare for a few hours of boredom before you get there. Wife and I quit watching because the show was so tedious and plot simply wasn't progressing on any level.

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
Query in England and you only get a short paragraph, max 4 sentences :D usually. Head explode.

I actually used one of my Pitmad tweets in my recent batch of query letter and it's been my most positive batch yet.

I used my regular old query letter 250 words and three paras for British agents and had quite a bit of success.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
I'm all weirded out here.

Does anyone else find that when an agent or assistant thanks you for sending your manuscript it's always a rejection? Well... not always apparently. I'd written this one off, because the agents all had very vague want lists on the agency website, but there seemed to be some potential, so I sent it addressed to the office assistant with a note to please direct it to the most appropriate agent. I didn't hear back for a month, so I gave up on it.

Now they want a full, and the first chapter was attached to the original query, so it's not a blind full like some agents do.

This is the first time I've had a request on this one when I'd submitted some material with the query (the others were all asking for partials based on query only).

Maybe it doesn't suck after all.

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score

Does anyone else find that when an agent or assistant thanks you for sending your manuscript it's always a rejection? Well... not always apparently. I'd written this one off, because the agents all had very vague want lists on the agency website, but there seemed to be some potential, so I sent it addressed to the office assistant with a note to please direct it to the most appropriate agent. I didn't hear back for a month, so I gave up on it.

Now they want a full, and the first chapter was attached to the original query, so it's not a blind full like some agents do.

This is the first time I've had a request on this one when I'd submitted some material with the query (the others were all asking for partials based on query only).

You know what this means, don't you? You get one of these---->:banana:

Congratulations on the full! Woot!

krashnburn

I've gone to pink!
Registered
Reaction score
After reading this review of Outlander, I don't think the book or the series could possibly be as good.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/15619079?book_show_action=true&page=1

I'm dying! By the time I got to, "We must rescue Jamie! Send in the cows!" I was crying.

Yes, for all the things in this book that we love, there is plenty to hate on, too. When I got to the end of the first one--the last fifth or so--I think I read with a perpetual WTF?!??! expression on my face. I was determined not to read the second one. Buuuuut, as time went on, I was like, yeah, I'll read it, what the hell. And I was like 150pgs in and thinking, Why am I reading this!?!?!!? Then something good happened that dragged me back in. Then I really started to hate Claire and was reading just to hate on Claire. That carried me through book three, which I read with a "Gabaldon, I HATE you," sentiment always in the back of my head. I have not finished the series. I stopped150pgs into book 4 because I was so sick of waiting for something other than Jamie being hot and saving Claire and them having more sex to happen, and it didn't. I can't go through another 900 pgs of that.

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
I really love that she rated it two stars, mocked it to death, then insists that you should absolutely read it anyway because it's that much fun. If I end up reading it, it will totally be because of that review.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
After reading this review of Outlander, I don't think the book or the series could possibly be as good.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/15619079?book_show_action=true&page=1

I don't think I want to read the book. I just want to see the HIAK and the HOOAK and hear some lovely brogues.

Maybe :D Congrats :banana:

krashnburn

I've gone to pink!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I want to read the book. I just want to see the HIAK and the HOOAK and hear some lovely brogues.

OMG...I've been laboring under the belief that you've read them!!!!

Mind. Blown. :Jaw:

And why haven't we been using this to hand out cookies? Is it just me, or is this new?
:e2cookie:

Status
Not open for further replies.