Anthology rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

piscesgirl80

Friendly Neighborhood Fish
Registered
Reaction score
Received one of the nicer rejections I've gotten on a short story, with the editor saying even though they were passing it was well written and had good character development--I just needed to leave a bit more ambiguity and mystery, that it currently spells out too much for the reader. Cautiously optimistic that after a little reworking it will be able to find a home somewhere.

deb22

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, a complimentary rejection. I did not know they exist. It shows you have a great story even if it needs a little polish. I hope it gets a new home too.

Kris Ashton

Lurking in the Shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kris-ashton.wix.com
Cautiously optimistic that after a little reworking it will be able to find a home somewhere.

Editors never hand out such specific praise unless they mean it. So take his/her criticism on board and apply it to your work!

Incidentally, I also had one of the nicest rejections ever last week. The editor turned it down because the tone didn't quite suit the magazine, but added that Steinbeck would have approved of my story's ending! Not bad for a tale with vampires in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.