The Bouncy Castle in Space

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
Cover looks beautiful. Makes me all giddy!! Can't wait to pick it up!!!!

Supergirlofnc

New fish; Swimming with the current
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! That is so exciting! It looks great, too (thanks Joy!)

Thanks Sheila! It's really neat to see it in print.

Cover looks beautiful. Makes me all giddy!! Can't wait to pick it up!!!!

It makes me giddy, too!! Now, I keep checking Amazon and the like to see when the details are put up. Funny thing, so far, the cover and description are up for the hardcover on goodreads, but nowhere else, and not with the ebook there. Weird, huh?

Ooh so pretty! :D *drool*

Thank you, Ramshackle! I really like the dragon border and the horse.

Nice, cover! Congrats!

Heza, thanks!

Wow, Laurie, it looks fantastic! Yay!! :applause:

Thanks SuperKate! I thought the artists put in a lot of nice details, and I like the way the coat of arms/sheild is sort of repeated throughout!

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Hi! Sorry I've been gone so long. My busy-ness morphed into super ultra busy-ness and overtook me completely. Finished my first year of teaching and went straight Into summer camp (in week 6 of 8 now). Finally getting a little time to catch my breath. Hope all is well in the bouncy castle!
Just last night, I was wondering where you've been. Glad to have you back!

Here's the cover chopped down to size:
arc-villain-keeper.jpg

Looks great! But tell'em I said to make your name bigger!

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
First "fan mail"

:hooray: Just stopping in for a Friday bounce. I've got a story in the current (September) issue of Highlights, and some of the teachers at my school read it to their classes today. One teacher had the kids write to me. What a surprise when a parade of kiddos started coming into my room and handing me letters! Some just said it was a good story, some focused on small details (I liked it because the boy was making a spaceship)... and some of them really got it!

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
:hooray: Just stopping in for a Friday bounce. I've got a story in the current (September) issue of Highlights, and some of the teachers at my school read it to their classes today. One teacher had the kids write to me. What a surprise when a parade of kiddos started coming into my room and handing me letters! Some just said it was a good story, some focused on small details (I liked it because the boy was making a spaceship)... and some of them really got it!

Oh wow, that's huge! I'll bounce for that!!!!

What's the name of the story? If you don't mind me asking, did you have to give up all rights to it?

Highlights is like the New Yorker of kid lit--great job!

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Mike! It's called "Thunder and the Storm." Yes, Highlights buys all rights, but they pay on acceptance even if it's years before it appears in print. And I hear from other authors that if they resell it to an educational publisher or something, they send you a check.

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Thanks, Mike! It's called "Thunder and the Storm." Yes, Highlights buys all rights, but they pay on acceptance even if it's years before it appears in print. And I hear from other authors that if they resell it to an educational publisher or something, they send you a check.

That is what I thought (though I didn't know about being paid if it's resold) They are the highest paying publisher of kidlit shorts (that I know of) and it will look great on your query letters!

I only get Cricket, but I'll steal (or at least read) a copy from my doctor or dentists office :).

Again, great job!

SuperKate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidbooklist.com

That is so cool! You should wallpaper your office with those letters - what a treasure! And congratulations on the publication!

Supergirlofnc

Registered
Reaction score

That's great! Congrats on the story and on the fanmail!!! Bounce away :):hooray:

henmatth

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Let it start with a poor little princess
searching for the truth of her riches.
Then obstacles like dragons, monsters or witches
Then the usual prince coming along.
It's happy ever after.

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
I thought this was so funny I had to share:
b&b.jpg

The thing that blows my mind is they say that 3 other reviewers made similar statements, really??

Oh, and if you are wondering there are ZERO butts and Boobs in my children's stories =-)

Supergirlofnc

Registered
Reaction score
I thought this was so funny I had to share:

The thing that blows my mind is they say that 3 other reviewers made similar statements, really??

Oh, and if you are wondering there are ZERO butts and Boobs in my children's stories =-)

Ha! I just assumed your MG was that edgy MJWare (;

On another note, what in the world are those reviewers reviewing anyhow? Whenever I see women or girls referred to as 'females' outside of science or medicine, it kinda makes my skin crawl...

It's weird, too, that it's one of your highlighted reviews. I hope they at least gave you 5 stars. I guess, anyway? Would high marks be good or bad with that type of review? It's so random.

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Ha! I just assumed your MG was that edgy MJWare (;

On another note, what in the world are those reviewers reviewing anyhow? Whenever I see women or girls referred to as 'females' outside of science or medicine, it kinda makes my skin crawl...

It's weird, too, that it's one of your highlighted reviews. I hope they at least gave you 5 stars. I guess, anyway? Would high marks be good or bad with that type of review? It's so random.

No, it's a two-star review. I have reported it to amazon as inappropriate--but they hardly ever remove reviews.

Supergirlofnc

Registered
Reaction score
No, it's a two-star review. I have reported it to amazon as inappropriate--but they hardly ever remove reviews.

Well, since it's inappropriate maybe they'll take it more seriously. (I reported it also. I don't know if it will help, but maybe?)

Last edited: