• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Ruben Literary Agency (Eric Ruben)

Eris0303

Registered
Reaction score
Website
eris0303.blogspot.com
I'm taking part in #pitchmad today and Mr. Ruben favorited one of my tweets. This has me rethinking about whether or not to send him any of the pages he's requesting.

AngelicaRJackson

Angelic Muse
Registered
Reaction score
Website
AngelicaRJackson.blogspot.com
It's always wise to do your research on agents, so you have enough information to make your decision. PitMad is a great opportunity, but they don't vet the agents and editors--it's up to the writers to follow through, as you have done.

amberhuez

It's a woman's world.
Registered
Reaction score
His ten queries tweets put me off him to be honest. I got a bad vibe or a "shady" vibe. In general I'm wary of the agents who participate under those 500queries, 1000queries, tenqueries, and querylunch hashtags - don't know why, and maybe I'm wrong, but haven't submitted to any of them.

SavvySharky

Registered
Reaction score
Heard from a client that he is getting out of literary representation.

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
Again, research widely. He comes across as being a big-shot agent, but scroll back through this and the QueryTracker reports to get stories which tell an unsatisfying tale...

quianaa2001

Registered
Reaction score
Has he made sales? My googlefu is failing me. He tweets lots but beyond that and the complaints here not finding much?

quianaa2001

Registered
Reaction score
Any updates on his sales?
Also he's offering classes at $99 a pop
From his twitter: "The 1st Ruben Agency Skype Course, “Learning The Ropes” is only $99! Pitching for fiction & non-fiction projects, editors & agents, contracts, Q and A, & more! The only time a course will cost this little! For more info, go to Events page of Ruben Agency’s website."
Thoughts?

JDAllen

Registered
Reaction score
Notice his web site does not list his clients, his sales, or any info on his agency. Compare that to any successful agency. I worked him for several years. He put little to no effort into my career. Sending to only four houses in almost two years. He's a nice guy to be around. But he's also an attorney, an actor, an activist. Not your best choice.

quianaa2001

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for replying. I've been trying to get a feel about him and everything seems to ringing alarm bells but I'm not getting much feedback :/ Doesn't sound positive... he has nothing about sells or info online and now he's offering a class but why if there's nothing about him online? Website says he's sold to "Avon, Harper Collins, Ballentine, Loveswept, Harlequin, Samhain, Midnight Ink, and more." But don't most of those take none agent subs?

Last edited:

quianaa2001

Registered
Reaction score
That sucks he had family problems. To just shut up shop like that though doesn't make it seem as though he was making so many sales for clients but idk. Wish him the best