List of editors--T through Z

BetsyJ

Ellen Jackson, author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ellenjackson.net
As some of you know, I'm posting information about editors and their needs on my website. I'm now beginning to post the final group of editors--those with last names beginning with T to Z. I'll try to keep the list current, after I have all the names up. Keep in mind that there are editors whose names aren't included here. If an editor seems to want to stay anonymous and doesn't post online information, I've left that editor off this list. But I've tried to include at least a few names for every major publisher. I also have names for a couple of new editors, but these haven't been announced yet--so I'll wait until they are before posting.

I haven't included the specific titles (Executive Editor, Assistant Editor, Associate Editor, etc.) as these change so frequently, I can't hope to keep up. I did include a few Editorial Assistants if the people with these titles seemed to be acquiring manuscripts. But just for your information, the hierarchy goes something like this:

Executive Editor
Senior Editor
Associate Editor
Assistant Editor
Editorial Assistant (lowest on totem pole--but sometimes able to acquire mss.)

Once again, please check each individual publisher's guidelines before sending manuscripts to any editor. Even if you aren't ready to send a manuscript out to an individual editor, it's useful to read through the entire list to get a general feel for the market. I was struck, for example, by how many editors are requesting "humorous" picture books or "character centered" manuscripts. You can also get a sense for what topics are lacking and what they would like to see more of.

Ellen Jackson
www.ellenjackson.net
http://www.ellenjackson.net/editors_t_to_z_97119.htm

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
the ellen jackson list of editors seems to have been deleted! Is there anything else like it out there for free on the net?