Show Me Your Kiss Scenes (YA)

Lady Esther

I can say the alphabet backwards!
Registered
Reaction score
I like this! The accent reminds me of Ygritte from Game of Thrones.

Here's mine. Context: Jonah has just stormed out of his abusive foster home, and found himself at Del's house, even though they've recently had a fight.

Not much of a kiss, but there you are. They do get a real one eventually, when he's more ready, but the scene isn't up to scratch yet :/

I like it. :) I like kissing scenes that are about more than just kissing. I like when something deeper is happening in the scene.

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
So I wonder if Quentin had any idea this thread would get so much love! After reading the entire thread, I am hesitant to post mine, but what the hell. This is from my current WIP which is still a rough draft. And my kissing scenes tend toward the long and semi-detailed. No "They kissed" and done.

Background: Kora and Uncas are in a cave hidden by a waterfall. Uncas is an alien and when I talk about his temple-ridges, he has knotty lines of hard flesh along his temples, just to be clear.

“Uncas,” I breathe, “it's beautiful.” The fading light of day illuminates the water with its last light, spreading a flickering, waving shadow of greens and blues around the cavern walls. My fingers long to touch it, but even stretching out, I am unable to bridge the distance.

When Uncas wraps his hand tightly around my upper arm and plants his feet feet firmly on the slippery ground, I understand. I wrap my own hand around his arm, and lean dangerously over the empty air, spanning the gap between the cliffs edge and the flowing sheet of water. Coldness flows past my fingers, spraying my face and bending the sheet of glass. It melds around my hand as if it were barely there, a minor inconvenience in the eons of time that plummet from the cliffs above.

Two fingers slid into the front of my waist band, pulling me away from the edge. I am utterly breathless, though I am not sure if it is the waterfall, or the feel of Uncas' fingers against my abdomen. He pulls me in, until we are face to face, his hand sandwich between us. Liquid fire pools within me, and I imagine his fingers sliding further into the space between us.

My eyes are locked on his, and for the first time, my awkwardness is absent. Not that I don't feel it, but that I don't react. I could not tear myself from his gaze if I tried.

Uncas' eyes flick across my face, as if he is scared to settle in one spot. I can feel the trembling of his body pressed against me and the beat of his heart that matches my own. His uncertainty is palpable and I decide to do the only thing I can think of.

With a shaky hand, I reach up to his scalp, running fingers through his hair as I did yesterday. His head tilts back slightly as his lips part and he presses himself more tightly against me. The hand that gripped my arm releases, sliding to my back, gentle fingers melding to my skin as they slip beneath my shirt.

Now my fingers explore his temple-ridges, just like before, my brain ever aware of the fingers still hooked in my waistband and the hand now caressing my back. Fire trails his touch, but I have to believe I have the same affect, because he leans into my hand as my fingers stroke the knobby ridges.

His face markings are next, and he barely breathes as I trace the black marks around his eye, his cheek, down his neck. I find myself wanting to press my lips to the place where his shoulder and throat meet, and I almost do, but I am terrified to try.

Of their own accord, my fingers find themselves back on Uncas' face, tracing the lines, but only long enough to come within vicinity of his mouth. A light brush spreads his lips further and his tongue tastes my fingertips as they pass.

My thumb trails his bottom lip on the return pass, and Uncas tilts his head forward, his eyes opening. They stare into mine, searching. Between us, heart beats pass, echoing from one chest to the other, a tattoo of things unspoken. And then his lips are against mine.

The world explodes in tiny fragments of bliss, and I can't help thinking of Alyss. If what she felt each time a boy kissed her was a fraction of this agonizing pleasure, than I have not given her enough credit. For she has kissed many boys, but only given all to a few.

And right now I want to give all. The sensation of tongues and lips moving together, our bodies molded into one, my skin coming alive to the touch of his exploring hands, has banished any inhibitions or logical thoughts that might have clouded this moment. There is no world outside this cave. Only rushing water, beating hearts and skin and lips and fire.

snitchcharm

fledgling adult
Registered
Reaction score
Background: Kora and Uncas are in a cave hidden by a waterfall. Uncas is an alien and when I talk about his temple-ridges, he has knotty lines of hard flesh along his temples, just to be clear.

Are you doing a LAST OF THE MOHICANS retelling? This sounds awesome!

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
Yes Snitch, it is an LOTM re-tell. I have kept most of the important names from the original, but I still may change them. I only have the rough draft finished and a lot of work to do. Thanks for saying it sounds awesome. Makes my day!

falconxhummingbird

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
This is really cool. I think I'll add mine just for the lulz:tongue:

With all her might, Wendy kissed him, and she wouldn’t let them take him from her. The power of the vast sea and all its greatness moved in her, shook her to the core, but she kept their lips connected in a fight against the feelings that capered inside her. Her fingers curled themselves in Piers’ hair that was full of ringlets and coiled at the ends, and she deepened the kiss even more. The warm cavern on his mouth sent a heat through Wendy that expanded throughout her, and calmed her blood from its dangerous overload.

Only when the need to come up for air overtook the girl, her hand slipped from the boy’s stubbled jaw, and their lips separated. It seemed like Piers wasn’t quite ready, because he leaned into the kiss as Wendy slowly backed away and preserved her lips for as long as possible.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

RobLineberger

Registered
Reaction score
This is really cool. I think I'll add mine just for the lulz:tongue:

This is a cool thread!

It is best not to quote your own excerpts because it prevents others from doing a line-by-line (LBL) on them.

For the heck of it I'll post my own kiss scene, cause why not?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Night fell. Cerge lay beside La'ni on the deck where they watched the stars. Her hand found his in the dark. They lay that way for a long time. Cerge longed to say something, but feared spoiling the mood. Finally La'ni spoke.

“Forgive me, but I am overcome with curiosity.”

Cerge propped himself on his side and looked into La'ni's face. Her beautiful, uncertain face.

“About what, La'ni?”

“You. Your heart. Your body. The strength and balance in your limbs.”

“You want to feel my muscles? Are we on a playground?”

“I know it is silly, but I have been in your mind and now feel disconnected from you.” Her eyes insisted. Oddly enough, Cerge felt as she did. He felt closed from her and did not like it. He longed to be connected with La'ni again.

“Go ahead.”

She ran her hand along his arm. He flexed it for her, feeling foolish. She put her hand on his chest, and then his thigh. Her touch felt right and tickled some part of his mind. But La'ni sighed in frustration.

“I feel like I have been kicked out of a house and I'm now peering in through the windows.”

“The person inside the house misses you and hopes you are well.”

“Is there no way we can be connected again?”

“There is one thing we could try.”

Cerge lifted her hair away from her brow and looked into her eyes. He brushed his lips against hers. The touch sent a thrill through him, but he could not tell how it was for her until La'ni's lips surged against his. Their kiss went so long that it forced him to draw breath. Cerge nestled her head against his chest and draped his arm around her shoulder.

From the darkness, Cerge saw the glittering eyes of Arrad fixated on them. Cerge felt enmity radiating from the boy. It was a long while before he felt safe enough to sleep.

RobLineberger

Registered
Reaction score
With all her might, Wendy kissed him, and she wouldn’t let them take him from her. The power of the vast sea and all its greatness moved in her, shook her to the core, but she kept their lips connected in a fight against the feelings that capered inside her. Her fingers curled themselves in Piers’ hair that was full of ringlets and coiled at the ends, and she deepened the kiss even more. The warm cavern on his mouth sent a heat through Wendy that expanded throughout her, and calmed her blood from its dangerous overload.

Only when the need to come up for air overtook the girl, her hand slipped from the boy’s stubbled jaw, and their lips separated. It seemed like Piers wasn’t quite ready, because he leaned into the kiss as Wendy slowly backed away and preserved her lips for as long as possible.

There are a couple of words that threw me: capered and preserved. Also "The warm cavern on his mouth."

I liked how he wasn't ready and leaned in to keep contact as long as possible. Is Wendy a magic user of some kind?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
It is best not to quote your own excerpts because it prevents others from doing a line-by-line (LBL) on them.

If you go through the thread, you'll see that LBL is not really what's going on in here, though. There are other places for that.

falconxhummingbird

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I liked how he wasn't ready and leaned in to keep contact as long as possible. Is Wendy a magic user of some kind?

Is she a magic user? Sort of... But a more natural form of it? If that makes sense... The power of light comes from within, not from spells...

And thanks for the kind words and tip on proper word usage! :Hug2:

pixydust

Mother Flippin' Rhymnosorous
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
Aw, fun!
He blinks and looks over at me, features shadowed. I see it now, he’s fighting something. Could he actually want to have sex with me? His dry spell must’ve been even longer than mine.

Maybe my sudden urgency propels me. Or the alcohol. But I lean over, grab him by the neck, tug him to me. And kiss him.

Our lips smash together and for a moment I tuck away the thought of who this is, why it’s wrong, and let myself feel him, his shock, his tense jaw, and the small sound that comes from his throat, like an argument. He smells like soap and warmth. His lips are soft and taste a little like the crab hors d’oeuvres from the party.

I pull on his shirt, trying to get him closer, and run my tongue along his bottom lip.
For a second he seems confused, caught up in it like me, and he gives in, answering by opening his mouth, deepening the kiss. Just for a second. And then he’s jerking back and gaping at me wide-eyed.

I smile, realizing I just did something ground-breaking. And it felt amazing.

“You definitely drank too much,” he says under his breath.

I lean back, giving him space. Knowing if I don’t get some distance between us I won’t be able to stop myself from ripping that shirt off of him. “Enough to know you’re way too sober.” I smile, trying to lighten the mood.

He seems to let go of some of the tension he was holding and says, “That kiss was about forty proof. You taste like a drunk candy cane.”

I laugh and flip my shoes off as he pushes the gas again taking us back into the city.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
This is the only kiss scene in my wip so far. I hope there will be many more of these scenes to come. :)

“You’re a persistent one aren’t you?”

“Persistence is my middle name.”

“Really?” he asked, reaching inbetween us to run his thumb across my bottom lip. My heart stopped the moment he touched me. I would have thought I was dead if it weren’t for the flames. They reignited within me. Except this time, I had a feeling they wouldn’t be extinguished as easily as the first time. “I wonder.” His breath tickled the side of my face. It smelled bitter and sweet and it made me feel dizzy.

“Wondering is for children.”

“Not this kind,” he told me. “I wouldn’t wonder these things about a girl when I was younger.”

I wanted to ask what kind of things but all questions, all thoughts, were pushed aside when his lips met mine. They were gentle at first, softer than a flower petal, and warm like the sun. I used to think that people from Casselei were cold but there was nothing cold about the Huntsman. His hand moved to the back of my neck, coaxing my head forward so that I was forced deeper into the kiss. My lips parted slightly, inviting him in. He accepted the invitation hungrily, and that’s when the kiss became something more than just an innocent embrace. The Huntsman no longer cared about being careful. He took what he wanted, and gave me everything in return. I didn’t realize that my eyes had closed until I saw stars dancing across the backs of my eyelids. When he finally broke away, it took a few moments for my lungs to figure out how to breathe on their own again.

Last edited:

thursdaymcgee

Registered
Reaction score
For someone that professes to hate romance, I lurve kissing scenes...awesome job, everyone! There's a lot I'd like to fix about my WIP, but I do like the kiss, so here you go:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“That was your tea,” he chided himself. “I’ll make you another.” He turned to go through to the shop, then swiftly turned back, and in two long strides covered the distance between them, and kissed her.
Ish was warm from the fire and weak from her wounds and felt like she had to pee on account of the beer, but it was more than that. Faolen had to stoop to kiss her, and it was awkward with her seated on the stool, but his hands were on either side of her face and he held her as gently as he treated her wounds, and he kissed her as boldly as he had stood up for her at the Haymaking. Ish’s heart and stomach and insides fluttered all at once within her, and she wanted to hold onto her dagger for a moment to see what it thought, but her arms felt as heavy as wooden clubs, useless at her sides, and some part of her felt the better thing would be to wrap them around his neck, but she had no idea how one even started to make such a shameless move. She hoped she was kissing back properly, but she didn’t feel like she was doing anything at all except being shocked, and for the briefest of moments it registered with her that this was her first kiss, and she wondered why Brahn had never done it, especially before she left, but the thought was as fleeting as all the others coursing through her in the panicked seconds of Faolen’s kiss.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Revisions/Rewriting/Editing/Sobbing into my mini laptop - so let's revive one of my favorite threads.

For not being a very romantically minded person myself, my characters sure do a lot of kissing.

Jessia studied the artifact's surface, if only to avoid looking at Sandor again. There was no sign of a hinge or opening anywhere. To all appearances it was a large, pitted lump of debris. Debris that Sandor still held her hand pinned against.

Something brushed her arm, feather soft and tracing it’s way up the slope of her shoulder. His lips, she realized through a haze, were at the edge of her jaw, barely touching her skin. Jessia’s body made up its mind without her and she twisted until that barely extant kiss hovered above her lips.

A second of hesitation, almost panic, flashed across Sandor's face. Then Jessia felt her feet leave the floor and her back press to the nearby wall. Something about his raw strength made her melt into his arms. Not that it was his arms she focused on. A new blossoming in her chest didn’t sit very well with her brain. And the two being at odds made her throat clench.

His mouth found its way back to her jaw and what had been soft and gentle before was now deep and urgent. Jessia dug her fingers into his back. His soft growl reverberated through his body beneath her hands.

Sandor. Brilliant Sandor. Quiet Sandor who shouldn’t be as enticing as he was. Her mind heaved and bucked against the words bubbling up on her tongue.

“I …”

That one syllable caught his attention and Sandor pulled back, looking down at her with a terrifying intensity. Her brain processed the truth of her heart and Jessia let out a small cry of frustration.

“I can’t.”

She squirmed out from beneath him. And before he could catch any part of her with those damned amazing hands of his, Jessia was back through the crawl space. Bypassing the rungs set in the wall, she pulled herself up into the hall and took off like a shot. She didn’t stop until she’d reached the opposite end of the Star, the quiet corner of the sleep pods no one occupied.

Jessia fell into the nearest bed and kicked at the walls until the pain in her legs let her forget what she almost said.

tigeraye

up the hill in chains.
Registered
Reaction score
This is my MC's first kiss (they're both 14)

I felt my heart pounding faster and even faster as she climbed off the bed and walked towards me. The closer she got, the more my chest became overwhelmed with an excruciating pain. This was it; I was going to have another heart attack.

She grabbed the hairbrush, her fingers touching my fingers. We both froze up like two blocks of ice. She was a few inches taller than I was, and so I had to look up at her, but…we did it. We…we looked into each other’s eyes, leaned in, and there it was. My first kiss.

It was the most awkward moment in my entire life. We stood there for four seconds with our eyes wide open, attempting to figure out just why we were doing what we were doing. Suddenly, she bit my lip and pushed me backwards, yanking the hairbrush into her hands.

“D-don’t tell anyone that happened or…or else,” she warned me. Darn, I was ready to call my dad. I slowly nodded and turned around towards the door. While she always denied it, I still swear that as I left her room that I heard her giggling.

PlasmicSteve

Registered
Reaction score
It's great reading all of these. What a challenge it is to write a kissing scene without being boring or cliché. This is from my current (and so far, only) book:

She unbuckled herself and opened the car door. Nicholas just stared at her. The angle of his eyebrows and the way his lip curled into a half smile/half frown made Clara wonder if she’d done anything to give him the wrong idea about her intentions.

“I’m really going to miss seeing you every day, Nicholas,” she said. She felt like she’d only really understand the sentiment once she was on her way home.

“Me too,” Nicholas said. “But you have to come back to visit. Next summer?”

Clara nodded and said, “Definitely.” She leaned across and held her hand on Nicholas’ cheek, laying a soft kiss on the corner of his mouth. Intentions be damned.

When she pulled away, Clara saw the biggest, goofiest smile that had ever adorned a human face.

“Bye,” she said.

Nicholas managed to get out a weak, “See you soon.”

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I love when people post to this thread!

Bored with not working, so I'm posting something so I can feel like I'm working. I think this is less confusing than other options :greenie

"Speaking of alter egos, what are you supposed to be?" I ask, suppressing a laugh.

Jesse's in a gray S[SUP]3[/SUP] outfit, his mask only covering the top half of his face, instead of the last one that covered everything. Two curved triangles sit at the top of his mask, and I'm straining to figure out what animal he's supposed to be.

He gives me a wolfish grin. "What, you don't like the new look? The new speedy super in town was dubbed the Greyhound, and I suited up to match."

"So those are ears?"

He laughs. "They make me lovable."

I do laugh now.

"I'll admit, I wouldn't have chosen it myself, but this outfit does have one advantage over the old one."

"It's not bright yellow."

"All right, two."

"You're not as obnoxious in it."

"Three, then." And he pulls me up into a kiss that would melt the ice caps, and absolutely melts me.

"Definite improvement," I murmur, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him back.

Windcutter

Registered
Reaction score
I was tinkering with an old WIP that insists on being finished and then I remembered this thread.

The whole thing is a memory/flashback. And there is more than one kiss, though the first one is not really that.

We have just turned fifteen. I pierce my ears for the first time in my life and wear tiny diamond studs. I laugh with the other girls and paint my nails pink to hide the blue tinge. We talk about cakes and dating. I plan to blend in.

Leonard hasn’t cut his hair in two years and it falls to his waist in a stream of platinum blond. He punches the first boy who calls him a fag and kisses the second one on the mouth. There is shocked silence in the school hall because the kiss lasts way too long. What I see and they don’t is the way Leonard’s hand grabs the boy’s neck from behind. Mouth against mouth, fingertips against nerve points. The boy is paralyzed until Leonard deems otherwise.

He never uses tongue during all this, which is why I only hit him once when we meet for a private talk in the middle of the city park. He smiles, pulls me close by the front of my dress, and we kiss so fiercely my own lip splits too.