February Blog Hop 2015- time to prep

Angyl78

Registered
Reaction score
Hey!! I'm willing to run February's blog chain if anyone is willing to participate.

I haven't come up with an idea for the month yet so if anyone has suggestions we can vote before February starts.

February 2015 Blog Chain
Starting Date: Monday, February 9, 2015
Open to all forum members, even after it starts!

This month's prompt: Valentine's Day Theme

Instructions:
Simply post your blog's URL in this thread to join. I'll let you know in this thread when it's your turn. Once your turn comes up, you have two days to complete a blog post using the prompt. When you are finished, please add a link to your post on the thread.

If you signed up but find yourself unable to participate or need to be moved around in the schedule, please PM me or post in the thread. If you fail to post on your blog and on the thread within two days, I'll bump you down to the end of the line on the third day; you'll get a second chance at the end of the month.

Each post should be less than 1000 words if possible. Read and comment on other participants' posts if you possibly can--they'll be doing the same for you! Please include a list of all participants' blogs (not necessarily their actual posts for the month) in your blog post.

Participants:

Angyl78 jelyzabeth.com (link to post)
Forbidden Snowflake www.vinjii.ch (link to post)
BBBurke http://awritersprogression.blogspot.com/ (link to post)
LeighAnderson http://leighandersonromance.com/ (link to post)
Layla Lawlor http://www.laylalawlor.com (link to post)
Aheïla http://thewriteaholicblog.wordpress.com (link to post)
Kohuether www.kathmarketing.com (Link to post)

Bumped:

Last edited:

Lizzie7800

Registered
Reaction score
I feel ridiculous asking, but what is a blog hop? I'm new to blogging and still learning the lingo.

Angyl78

Registered
Reaction score
It's where bloggers take a common theme and write about it. At least in this case.
Like if the next month's prompt is to write about Valentines day.

Each participant would write something following that prompt in their own writing style. Fiction, non-fiction, poem, sci-fic, just a short blog under 1000 words.

Then we all go visit each others' blogs. :)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If you go to my blog (link below) I have a tab titled "Absolute Write" that is where I have all of my past participation.

I'll update the main post when I am not at work..

AndreF

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting ... I wish you all the best and if you have a military based topic I'll make for sure lots of people will no about it. A site I work with get's two million page views a day soooo things of that nature will diffidently get noticed.

Angyl78

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, February is almost here. We have a good start of participants. Thank you everyone!! I will try to be her more often than I have been.

We had two suggestions:
Unreliable Narrators and a Valentines Day theme

I am hoping to start the chain on the 5th of February and get us all started. As we go if more people join I'll add them to the list.

To everyone who is participating: Thank you!! I am glad to see this coming back. I have always enjoyed the community built around the blog chain and hope to see it come back and grow some more this year.

Angyl78

Registered
Reaction score
I have everyone up to Kohuether added. Please let me know if I missed anyone.
I will have my post up on Monday the 9th and then Forbidden Snowflake will be next.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Any rules next to Valentine's Day?
Does it have to do something with fiction, etc. or are we completely free?

Angyl78

Registered
Reaction score
As long as it has something thing to do with Valentine's Day it can be how you want it.
Poem, fiction, non-fiction...
Write how it fits your blog. Just as long as it is no more than 1,000 words.
:D

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
It was my gf's birthday and we were out. So, I couldn't post it today. It's now 20.30PM in the UK and we are going to bed. Tomorrow morning I have a date with my embassy in the morning and will be back at noon and then post the blog in the next few hours, should be up in the afternoon, if that's ok :)

Angyl78

Registered
Reaction score
okay. Bbburke is next! You have until February 14th at Midnight (PST) to get your post up. :D

Angyl78

Registered
Reaction score
We are on a roll!

BBBurke got their post up this morning. Don't forget to check out all the blogs :D

LeighAnderson is up next! You have until Midnight(pst) Monday February 16 to post.

Angyl78

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome!!

Layla Lawlor your next! Please have your post up by midnight Wednesday February 18th. (pst)