If I was a superhero(ine), I would be...

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
In honor of our April First theme, who would you be if you could be a superhero(ine)?

For me, there's of course, the ever wonderful Buffy, my ultimate superheroine. But, then again, I do have a trilogy of more traditional superheroes. (And there's absolutely no influence from Buffy in those books. None. At all.)

Or would you be a villain?

dancing-drama

Priestly Up!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I would be a superhero or a villain... I'd probably end up being the selfish little prick who doesn't bother getting involved in the good vs. evil fight. You know... unless my way of life would be threatened and the good guys couldn't help me.
In that case, I guess, I'd be a bit of an antihero. :)
So maybe... Raven. From the Teen Titans.

ETA I probably gave this way more thought than I should have.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would be . . . Super Kitty!

Faster than a speeding mouse, more powerful than a hamster, able to leap onto tall tables with a single bound.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Super villain, here. Sorry, guys, it's just way more fun.

As to which, well, why would I be any super villain other than myself?

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I had this conversation with the robots girl not too long ago - bear with me - and the make or break factor of "how much like them do you have to be?"

Black Widow? that would rock, except for all the backstory/KGB stuff. Jean Grey? All that Dark Phoenix stuff, forget the whole issue with all the kids she "had"/had/etc... what a mess.

Part of me is pretty sure the best hero to be is Dazzler. Disco queen, saving the universe with Longshot, and having Shatterstar as your son (a pretty cool guy even if you don't remember he's yours) while living the rest of your life as a singer/actress/model/roller skater.

Seriously, rollerskating and saving the world.

Meanwhile, av is Kitty Pryde, because that's much more likely... (introverted, good with computers, has a pet dragon)

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
*points to avi* I've always been partial to The Phoenix. (Though I prefer Rachel to Jean.) The Dark Phoenix wasn't Jean at all, but the Phoenix Force out on its own in the universe, so Jean didn't really have to deal with it. Plus, once the force did bond with Jean, she basically became immortal.

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
*Runs through thread playing Powerman 5000's Super Villain*

I know it's a video game, but can I be the Dragonlord? I want to turn into a dragon and spam Hurtmore.

of fairytales.

school stories for girls.
Registered
Reaction score
I am genuinely surprised no one has picked Ironman, because if I was a superhero it would definately be Ironman. You'd get to be super rich, super smart, make yourself an awesome robot butler, have a mad building in the coolest city in the world and hang out with all the other superdorks.

And you'd be a smartass so you could say whatever you wanted and people would just be like, "oh there goes Tony again".

Or Batman, maybe. I like Batman.

gambit924

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Gambit, cuz he has a wonderful accent, he makes things go boom with cards, and it's kind of like...Duh...

Paragraphic

Word eater.
Registered
Reaction score
I am genuinely surprised no one has picked Ironman, because if I was a superhero it would definately be Ironman. You'd get to be super rich, super smart, make yourself an awesome robot butler, have a mad building in the coolest city in the world and hang out with all the other superdorks.

And you'd be a smartass so you could say whatever you wanted and people would just be like, "oh there goes Tony again".

Or Batman, maybe. I like Batman.

hehe, technically, neither Ironman nor Batman are super. They're just rich guys with really cool toys and fantastic educations. Although, I suppose Tony Stark's brain can be considered super.

I'd go with Mystic. Possibly immortal and I can eat as much cake as I want and still fit into any jeans I happen to buy.

of fairytales.

school stories for girls.
Registered
Reaction score
hehe, technically, neither Ironman nor Batman are super. They're just rich guys with really cool toys and fantastic educations. Although, I suppose Tony Stark's brain can be considered super.

I'd go with Mystic. Possibly immortal and I can eat as much cake as I want and still fit into any jeans I happen to buy.

Lmao, true on them not being "super" powered... but idk, I'd consider money a form of it and they're just so cool even without the radioactive waste bath. :guns:

Mystic would be totally cool, though. I'd just be Jennifer Lawrence all the time, I think.

Hmmmm. I don't know who I'd be if we're going traditional-power route, then.

thisprovinciallife

hi! i'm reese.
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be Magneto because then I could go back and forth between hero and villain. Also I think I'd enjoy all the intense and ominous music that played in the background every time I used my powers.

Nogetsune

Registered
Reaction score
If we are counting any western comic book character, even those from fandoms not lumped in with your standard superheroes then definitely I'd be megaton from beast wars/machines. Yeeeesssss. Let's face it, villains always have the most fun and dragons are awesome... So why not be a villain who knows how to have a really good time haming it up while also being ACTUALLY COMPITENT *gasp*...that also turns into a giant red dragon to boot? Oh.. and having the lovely voice of David Kay is another huge plus. Beast Wars/Machines Megatron FTW! Yeeeesssss.

Last edited:

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
There is no question I would pick Wonder Woman. Just look at my avi! I have wanted to be WW since I was 6. I'd run around in my WW UnderRoos with a plastic bat for a sword (she should have had a sword), jump rope for a lasso, and I wore these clunky yellow rain boots because WW had to be wearing boots and it was all I had. My love for her might stem from the fact that Justice League was the only super hero show I knew and I've never read comic books. I'd give her a new outfit though. She looked hot in that strapless leotard, but as a feminist I don't feel I need to adhere to any male-generated fantasies played out on paper. :)

kdaniel171

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
If I were so lucky to born or become a superhero I would have been
a Time Lord travelling in time and creating history.
I would've stood behind the battle of good and evil, just enjoying the time and having fun:cool:

Emermouse

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know. None of the X-Men because as much as I enjoy adaptations from the comics (loved the cartoons and movies), the comics version is such a clusterf*** with a million different continuities that give me hemorrhages trying to keep track of because apparently Uncanny X-Men is entirely different from Astonishing X-Men.

In fact, I'm not crazy about being a lot of the Marvel heroes. Though if I had to choose a Marvel hero, I'd want to be Captain America. In addition to his powers, he's basically the most morally upstanding guy in the Marvel-verse, the hero that all the other heroes aspire to emulate. Yet at the same time, the latest Captain America movie proved that you can still tell a damn good story even with a hero who is basically a good, morally upstanding guy.

As for the DC universe, I don't want to be Batman or any member of the Bat-family. If we're talking about animated continuity and not comic book, well, I can really relate to Razer from Green Lantern: the Animated Series. :pauses to wipe away tear: Was so sad that Cartoon Network canceled it after one season, despite it being totally awesome, but the ending wasn't too bad. It resolved the main conflict, while at the same time, leaving the door open for future stories, so I'm not entirely bitter. Few things I hate more than a show being canceled on a cliffhanger ending. :glares at My Name is Earl and Alphas:

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
I'd want to be Captain America. In addition to his powers, he's basically the most morally upstanding guy in the Marvel-verse, the hero that all the other heroes aspire to emulate. Yet at the same time, the latest Captain America movie proved that you can still tell a damn good story even with a hero who is basically a good, morally upstanding guy.

I may be in love with you . . . you know, superheroely speaking. ;) Captain America is my ultimate crush!

Few things I hate more than a show being canceled on a cliffhanger ending. :glares at My Name is Earl and Alphas:

So many shows I loved that only got one or two seasons and no resolution!!!! I'm not bitter. Not really . . .

Emermouse

Registered
Reaction score
Another group of Marvel characters I'd wanna be like would probably be the Runaways. I know I'm too old to be a teen hero, but I can totally relate to the whole being young and not entirely sure what the hell I'm doing shtick. Sometimes I feel like my whole life has been ad-libbed. If I had to pick a specific character, I'd go with Nico.

Channy

Me Gusta
Registered
Reaction score
Gotta go with the masses and say Mystique... it's hard to argue with shapeshifting powers.

Vladimir Grimmasi

Registered
Reaction score
Gotta be Green Arrow. First they make some awesome comics of him and now an awesome T.V. show to go along with it!

ZachJPayne

Beware: #amQuerying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zachjpayne.com
I'd probably be some variation on an angel of vengeance. A couple of broadswords crossed on my back, lots of white and ultraviolet light.

StormChord

Allegedly Gullible
Registered
Reaction score
Nightcrawler, especially with his post-resurrection powerset. Being a fuzzy blue chick magnet wouldn't hurt either.