I Need a Cookie...

*RomanceWriter*

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I need a freakin' cookie!

Got my rejection from Samhain and it took over 2 months to get. Feeling very, very crappy about it.

LorelieBrown

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
*pops open cookie tin*

Sugar, snickerdoodle, or chocolate chip?

::hug:::

Sorry, hun. You'll get there.

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Aw, man! Uploading scratch Mocha Brownie to you (my specialty). They don't ease the pain and they go directly to the hips...but what else is chocolate for?

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Can I have a celebratory cookie for finishing my new edit? After a couple rejections including feedback, and going back to the drawing board, I think I've got this novel the best it's going to be for querying. :)

Sorry about the R, RomanceWriter. I'm out of cookies, but I do have an enormous bag of chocolate chips to offer.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Thankfully, cookies worth for both condolences and congrats. A double chocolate pecan chip cookie is now being uploaded for each of you. Along with a :Hug2:

bylinebree

Still Seeking the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.breedavison.wordpress.com
Condolences all around.

I think my Muse needs a cookie, though. Today I realized that the original premise with my hero, and the way I wrote his first chapter and background, was ALL wrong.

My Muse misled me! I feel so betrayed. I'm about 250 pgs into this book, and now what do I do?? Go back to the begining and start all over again?? The heroine is okay...

Maybe I didn't feed Her (the Evil M) enough cookies and this is her revenge!:cry:

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
I need a 5 Hour Cookie! *wonders if there is such a thing* Between working 2 day jobs, writing my current WIP, doing that dreaded gawd awful synopsis for book 2 in my series (anyone who knows me KNOWS how much I loathe writing synopses) and trying to be a wife and mommy, I want to know when am I supposed to breathe? :Shrug:

BTW! I'm baaaaaaaack! I've only been gone for, oh, what? Eight months? LOL. :ROFL:

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
Can I have a cookie please? I just discovered a lie from somebody I gave a second chance. I was really hoping this person would make the most of it, but I guess I made a mistake opening the door to more heartache.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Can I have a cookie please? I just discovered a lie from somebody I gave a second chance. I was really hoping this person would make the most of it, but I guess I made a mistake opening the door to more heartache.

You can have {{{{HUGS}}}} and cookies!!!

It sucks when someone burns you again.

Hey, Sonarbabe, welcome back! And do take a few minutes to breathe, and to take care of yourself, or you're going to get sick!

Susan G.

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com

:Hug2: I'm sorry you've gotten hurt, hon. Cookies are healing!

Susan! So good to see you. Contrary to popular belief, it's Mr. Sonarbabe who's gotten sick and can't seem to get rid of it. (Bronchitis sucks for the spouse too when you have to listen to it!)

That's it. I declare a cheesecake day. I'm going to make this thread a guilt-free cheesecake. We all need one.

necia phoenix

Registered
Reaction score
Website
necia-phoenix.livejournal.com
{{hugs and cookies & peach cobbler for all those that need them}}}

I've just had to reinstall everything on my computer after a major hard drive crash. Thanks to no money I just had to deal with losing tons of music :( oh well
**eats cobbler & enjoys it**

Joslin Dee

Forgetting book endings is my superpower
Registered
Reaction score
So, I got a rejection letter. Well, to put it more accurately, the agent wrote, "Not Now" in pencil on my own query letter, put it in my SASE and mailed it back to me.

I guess that's better than no response, but it still made me sad.

I want a cookie.

Joslin Dee

Forgetting book endings is my superpower
Registered
Reaction score
And that sucks, Estermish, were you at least able to save all of your writing?

girlyswot

Registered
Reaction score
Website
myromancereviews.wordpress.com
So, I got a rejection letter. Well, to put it more accurately, the agent wrote, "Not Now" in pencil on my own query letter, put it in my SASE and mailed it back to me.

I guess that's better than no response, but it still made me sad.

I want a cookie.

Have a cookie! And 'Not Now' is much better than 'Not Ever'. Times are tough these days. EVeryone's cutting back. Keep going and keep trying and one day, 'Not Now' will become 'This is Your Moment.'

Lainey Bancroft

Cover Me!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elaineforlife.com
{{{estermish}}} 'We are experiencing technical difficulties' sucks. No matter what you lose! :(

Hope you enjoyed the peach cobbler.

{{{Joslin}}} On the bright side, the agent did reply, which is more than many do. At least you can cross her/him off the list and send a fresh batch of queries.

Good luck!

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Got another rejection yesterday. It was more than a form but still didn't give me anything specific, so I'm left feeling sucky and frustrated. Why am I trying to sell a book again? *cuckoo*

Lainey Bancroft

Cover Me!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elaineforlife.com
(((Hugs))) K, and cookies and spiked coffee all 'round. (hey, it's cold in my part of the world, the coffee needs a boost)

If you didn't get specific feedback, I'd recommend shipping the query right back out to the next publisher on your list.

Trying to pick at it and guess will make you cuckoo.

It'll find a home!

Southern Girl

Prayer in a tango
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a newbie to the forum, and I need a cookie today, too.

*sucks in a deep breath* I have a monster head cold that has zapped every bit of my energy and most of my focus, I'm team mom to my son's hockey team and, in addition to scheduling hotels and parents to volunteer for duties at our games, am required to send out an email chewing parents out for bad mouthing other kids on our team (seriously???) AND I have to go to practice tonight (even though I'm still sick!) because the parents need their hands held for whatever. This on top of mourning my father's six year passing today, my best friend going through medical testing for some serious ailments, and I found out last week that my Super Dream Agent hadn't even gotten around to reading my partial yet. (In her defense, I'm positive she's incredibly busy) I'm waiting this week to hear back from another fantastic Super Dream Agency agent, (though I don't think I'm what the agency is looking for...?) on my full and I'm as nervous as a cat in a room full of rockers. It's my first full out - and I'm hoping the story I love, slaved over, became servant to, isn't the exact opposite of what I think it is, which is great, fantastic, lovely, memorable....does any of this make sense?

The head cold isn't helping things at all.

Cookie? I like white chocolate macadamia nut. :)

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Uploading said cookie (double batch). Also warm tea with lemon, honey and a few drops of brandy. Whether the latter is efficacious, I don't know...I usually feel too mellow to care.