Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooooooo Mary called you baby.

Mary and Cliff sitting in a tree

k-i-s-s-i-n-g :e2kissy:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
My 2 bookcases are still waiting to find a home though... So nearly all my books are still in boxes. :(

The idea is that there's a small outdoors patio-type area (ie. with a roof), so mum will get some Holland blinds or something to turn it into a changeling room. Blinds down, it's an indoors room. Blinds up, it's an outdoors patio.

And it is in there that my books and exercise bike and drums will live.

No idea where my keyboards are going yet!

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I know. A room not big enough to change your mind in. :roll: My entire house is like that.

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I spent 2 days without internet, then 3 or 4 days with such slow internet that I didn't visit many places...

Ah, the joys of moving.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat if it meant I could live on my own... This house is a little small for me, mum and her dog and cat.

LOL, if I had a decent camera, I'd take a photo of my bedroom. It's so small and cluttered with my crap!

Well, "Crap" is a little strong... Loads of CDs and DVDs, a desktop computer, a bedside table, a bed, and a wardrobe, and my guitar. In a small room.

I have 2 short lines of movement in here, and that's about it. :tongue

You have my sympathy with the moving woes AND computer issues. :) :) :)

Last edited:

gotchan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
gordonrhorne.wordpress.com
I've done that before!

Well, technically I wasn't on the lease, someone else was, but it was a ruse to get the place. And yes, my drumkit was not really wanted, but it came with me anyway. ;)

Gosh, I'm so white-trash. :tongue
We had a difficult neighbour upstairs. He'd come home and play his drums or electric guitar at 11pm. Everyone in this house keeps different hours. They were moving a house down the road one night and it got stuck between the telephone poles on either side. The movers fired up their chainsaws to cut off the eaves to make it fit. My other upstairs neighbour came hurrying downstairs. "I heard the chainsaws and thought Bertrand had finally snapped," he said.

Says something when your first thought on hearing chainsaws at 1am is your neighbour has gone off the deep end.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Lines of movement in your bedroom? Are we talking rockettes, or Texas two-step?

I meant "patches of visible carpet where I can step without breaking something - an item OR my foot" that amounts to two straight lines (short) that intersect by the door.

One line gives entry to my bed (on the side - the bottom has a bedhead type thing which would suck to climb over) but has the desktop computer, the guitar and my DVD storage units on the other side, so I don't have a very wide space. The other line goes at the foot of my bed, with the built-in wardrobe opposite and a vanity table type thing at the end.

I need more space!!

We had a difficult neighbour upstairs. He'd come home and play his drums or electric guitar at 11pm. Everyone in this house keeps different hours. They were moving a house down the road one night and it got stuck between the telephone poles on either side. The movers fired up their chainsaws to cut off the eaves to make it fit. My other upstairs neighbour came hurrying downstairs. "I heard the chainsaws and thought Bertrand had finally snapped," he said.

Says something when your first thought on hearing chainsaws at 1am is your neighbour has gone off the deep end.

LOL. I'm not quite that bad... Although I do occasionally have loud death metal blaring on the stereo during the day. :)

Is that the same thing as a moon room? ArooOOooOoooooooo

:animal

Moon room? As in, a room from which to moon people? *innocent face* I don't do that!

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
haha! Well, at least the heavy lifting is over for you! I'm freaking about having to pack up my stuff and so so much stuff to throw out. My place is a studio, and the living area is about the size of a postage stamp. I can't take my entertainment center or desk. The desk is of no use - it's too tall to type at and so it's uncomfortable. I'm going to get rid of it and get a new one I can use - like a snazzy little minimalist desk, just a top and a pull out drawer for the keyboard. The Entertainment center would take up too much room - it's enormous, and too deep to be of real use as a book shelf- I have to have two rows of books - front and back, it's impossible to find anything.

Just so happens, we're moving house at work, as well, and there are a ton of smaller bookshelves - proper bookshelves, that I can get for $5 a pop. So.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
$5 bookshelves? Awesome!

Oh, and my computer desk sounds like the minimalist one you speak of. Just metal legs, a top, and a pull-out part for keyboard. And it's not very wide either.

That's what you get when you have no space. :tongue

I picked that one up for about $20, so you should be able to find a good deal somewhere.

As a space saver, I've got the desk pointed at the side of my bed, so I can just sit on my bed and use the desktop computer (when I use it at all - I use my laptop a lot more).

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
hey, all. That's great 'bout the bookshelves, betteh. Much good luck you guys! Happy weekend 2 U all. Who wants :Cake:s (prelicks are in yo' future!) :D

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
523751_401815626498376_142446129101995_1599520_296571115_n.jpg

They can also be . . . dinner!

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
I bet you'll get the apt. betteh, but they sure do put you thru the wringer. They s*ck. You need :Cake:s!

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning funners. Well, hoping for a better day today. *sees glass half full* Cheers! :D

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
523751_401815626498376_142446129101995_1599520_296571115_n.jpg

They can also be . . . dinner!

*reports post*

I bet you'll get the apt. betteh, but they sure do put you thru the wringer. They s*ck. You need :Cake:s!

oh my gosh... Susie almost said "suck"! Because of me!

*reports post*

tee hee hee!

agh. Despite the jocularity, I'm very tired. Crazy night.

And I really gotta stay off the internet - my eyes are killing me, from thedryness...

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
lol betteh, that's not the first time I've said s*ck 'n prolly not the last :D

You take care and hope you can rest up sometime. :Hug2:s Have a good day ya'll. :Cake:s

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Easter cakes for everyone!

Hi Susie! I know you saw these cakes in the Cabaret, but I thought you'd like them here, closer to you. They look pretty awful (and pre-licked), but I'm sure they taste good! :Cake: :Cake: :Cake:

Status
Not open for further replies.