NaNo 2012 Word Count Madness!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Just did an exam trial... Basically, I figured one question would definitely appear in the exam, so I found my page of notes for that, and wrote as fast as I could to answer the question.

This serves 2 purposes.

1: I wrote 174 words in 10 minutes, which comes out to 2088 words for 2 hours, at that speed. I need 1500-1800, so that's very promising. (My hand was bloody sore though - not sure I could keep up that pace for 2 hours.)

2: Even though this is a question I thought I'd have plenty to say on, I'm supposed to have 250-300 word answers per question. So 174 just isn't good enough. So now I know I'm going to have to elaborate more when I do the actual exam.

I'm going to keep doing these trial questions, just to practice handwriting fast while still technically studying the material. :)

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
I had to work on something else last night and got no words in. D'oh!

So, I'll be playing catch-up this weekend instead of trying to get ahead :tongue

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I just hit over 40K! Woohoo! 50K finish line here I come! :e2woo:

Corussa

I fight like a dairy farmer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just reached 38,416, and am stopping for the night. I am officially Back On Track, yay!

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
who hasn't written in 2 days and is at 35,088 words and is behind by 3k?
<-------this girl right here.
it's going to be a long weekend :D

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Go go go!

Tomorrow I shall be joining y'all. :D Yes, that's right - the exam I've been obsessing over is NO MORE. Finished it this morning. Woo!

Taking the rest of today off to recuperate my senses, and then diving in to start NaNo tomorrow.

Aiming for 20-25k total, about 4k a day for 5 or 6 days. That should finish this novel. :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sort of the same - competitive against myself, though, not others. Always striving to top my last month's achievement, sort of thing. :)

Hence the 102k first time in, and aiming for 10k a day a few years back. :)

trocadero

Registered
Reaction score
Website
carolynwoulfe.livejournal.com
Good grief, you lot! They're huge goals! I was just about to announce that I wrote 6,000 words today. I think that's a record for me! The really great part though, is that I broke 40,000 words. I'm on track.

Congratulations you big hitters!

VeronicaX

Registered
Reaction score
I've totally lost track of my NaNo MS. I'm too sick to concentrate on writing and I just have to try to rest up and get better sooner rather than later. Oh, the joy...

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
so I may have gotten distracted from NaNo and only wrote 1k last night (oops). It says I need to write 2k or so a day to finish on time, let's do this. Not giving up yet. I'm at 35,725

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Good grief, you lot! They're huge goals! I was just about to announce that I wrote 6,000 words today. I think that's a record for me! The really great part though, is that I broke 40,000 words. I'm on track.

Congratulations you big hitters!

6k in 1 day is awesome! Congrats!

And yes, even though my goals were huge, there's a disclaimer.

That first year, I was unemployed and not studying at Uni. So I basically just wrote as much as I felt like, hence getting to 102k. :)

And a few years ago, I *did* do 10k a day. For 6 days. Then I burnt out and didn't write for over 6 months. 60k in 6 months isn't a huge amount, really, when you look at it objectively.

(And again, I had a lot of free time that year.)

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting closer! I passed 43,000 today. I need to be done by Wednesday afternoon though, since I'm leaving the country for the weekend.

Hoping to get at least another thousand in later today, and 2,000 each day after.

Fingers crossed work doesn't give me too many headaches :)