Wow, I made the Finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktgrok

Registered
Reaction score
I posted a while back about making the semifinals, which blew me away. Well..I made the finals! I was picked as one of the top 10 out of almost 500 entries! But now...this last part of the contest is by popular vote. And one of the entrants has been featured in a major Irish newspaper, so I'm not feeling hopeful. But honestly, this whole thing is amazing. I've been reading here since I started writing this book, and you have all been so helpful, I've learned a ton from so many people. I'm hoping some of you will click over and read my novel (the whole thing is available free right now, on the contest website) and maybe vote for it, if you like it. You can vote once a day, everyday, through the 10th.

http://www.katiemeyer.net/2014/11/its-official-im-top-ten-finalist-in-so.html

Anyway, thanks for all the support, I'll still be sticking around and reading as I work on the second book!

Jules Court

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julescourt.com
Congratulations! Good Luck! But even if you don't win the whole thing, the Harlequin editors picked about 20 additional manuscripts from the contest to publish so you're chances of a contract are really good.

ktgrok

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Good Luck! But even if you don't win the whole thing, the Harlequin editors picked about 20 additional manuscripts from the contest to publish so you're chances of a contract are really good.

Thanks! That's what I keep telling myself when I am too excited/anxious to sleep at night ;)

Oh, and if anyone read the story and is interested in knowing a bit about the real life dog that inspired Murphy, I posted about him today. http://www.katiemeyer.net/2014/11/the-real-dog-behind-story.html

ktgrok

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who voted or gave me encouragement! I didn't win, but am very happy with making the finals, and with the praise I received from the editor assigned to me. Hoping to hear about a possible deal or R&R, and moving forward with the next book in the meantime.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! This is a big deal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.