Status
Not open for further replies.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Just signed a contract with Dreamspinner Press for a short novella, 22k words long. It's for their Bittersweet Dreams line, so not quite a romance, since it doesn't have a HEA.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Just signed a contract with Dreamspinner Press for a short novella, 22k words long. It's for their Bittersweet Dreams line, so not quite a romance, since it doesn't have a HEA.
Hey huge congrats Becky!

celoise

Truss me I iz lawyor
Registered
Reaction score
OK, I'll share. I sold my debut novel to Loose Id. We are in revisions right now. So, get out there and write, y'all, because getting published is an actual legit thing that happens! :)

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I've sold two--one of them refuses to work with agents so I had to dump them.

I'm still in parlay with other one, asking a multitude of questions about everything. They're not 100% clear on their answers, so I have to iron that out a bit. They seem nice and have a clean bill of health at P&E and AW.

tri

Good luck with it. :)

FLChicken

Registered
Reaction score
OK, I'll share. I sold my debut novel to Loose Id. We are in revisions right now. So, get out there and write, y'all, because getting published is an actual legit thing that happens! :)

That's fantastic news and on a debut novel, too. :) Hoping I can say the same about my debut. Best wishes to you.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Starting the new year, I've had four contract offers and last year was six--this was on the Portal Fantasy that was winding down on its last legs. I'm sitting on 10 but agent and I are trying to work two of them against each (the best of the bunch). Hell, it worked before. I still have six fulls out on (same book), so there's some lagging going on. Agent has a big one in the wings--got our fingers crossed for that.

vamom

Registered
Reaction score
I just signed a contract--my first--with Wild Rose Press (Champagne line) for my contemporary romance. VERY, VERY excited.

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Congrats, VaMom and Becky and Tri! Way to go.

And...me.

I'm looking at a reissue of my Grace Award winner, SEASONS IN THE MIST, and its two sequels, SEASONS OF RECKONING and SEASONS OF HOPE. I pitched them in a short e-mail to Desert Breeze and they were bought on proposal! I was e-stammering, "But...but...you haven't even seen them yet!" Her reply: "I don't have to. I have complete faith in your work."

Ladies, did THAT feel good!

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, VaMom and Becky and Tri! Way to go.

And...me.

I'm looking at a reissue of my Grace Award winner, SEASONS IN THE MIST, and its two sequels, SEASONS OF RECKONING and SEASONS OF HOPE. I pitched them in a short e-mail to Desert Breeze and they were bought on proposal! I was e-stammering, "But...but...you haven't even seen them yet!" Her reply: "I don't have to. I have complete faith in your work."

Ladies, did THAT feel good!

YAY! Well done and congratulations! *happy dance*

Ookiewookie

Registered
Reaction score
May I have a few opinions, please? Some of you seem to have experience with having your full on sub to multiple publishers at the same time. Recently, I subbed a full to a publisher and they said they liked it, but asked for some reasonable revisions. I've completed the revisions and sent it back. Now, I'm playing the waiting game.

So, here's the question. Would it be in poor taste for me to sub the MS elsewhere while I wait? On one hand, they did spend quite a bit of time with personal feedback and gave me hope that they could get the acquisitions dept. to buy my MS. On the other hand, I could wait around for months and still get rejected. I want to do the right thing, but sometimes it's hard to know what that is.

Your input, please.

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Ookie, think of what an agent would do if s/he were subbing the work for you. It'd go out on simultaneous sub to as many publishers as it might be a good fit. In today's market, what is the downside of subbing it elsewhere? If you do get a firm offer from any of them, you simply withdraw the submission from the rest. I don't think the "old rules" apply any longer, and we authors IMO need to take back control of the process in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.