XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
*Discreetly hides the sign to the taser & cattle prod closet emporium.*

Still no news. It's deathly silent around this joint. Waaaaaaay tooooo quiiiiiiiiiiiiiet.

I hope you hear something soon. :Hug2:

*eyes Hillz warily*

...stimulation?

You know, something to jump-start the writer part of your brain. Wh...what did you think I meant?

*eyes 10 suspiciously*

Yeah, you see now we have the dong garden so you can just pop out there and...

OH.

Oh.

OH.

Uh. Well. This is awkward.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Oh bleh. My head hurts so bad my stomach is icky. I don't get headaches like this often. Took something. Hope it kicks in soon.

It's probably the weather.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Darn it, you guys have been hilarious and I wasn't here! Hmph. Well, fine. *I* went out for a curry with mates. So ner. :p hehehe

Um, I also ate a single, tiny, tasty prawn off a friend's plate and now I'm ill. Who knew I was allergic to the little buggers? *groan* No moar prawns. Evar.

Otherwise, it's been a pretty good day, though! How are you guys tonight? :)

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
It's probably the weather.

...hand me your leather...

So, after yesterday's building evacuation and SEVEN fire truck response, we were told the building is all clear this morning. And then we noticed a dude walking around the building over and over. Turns out he's on fire patrol, circling the building to make sure it's not catching on fire. I feel. So safe.

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score

So, after yesterday's building evacuation and SEVEN fire truck response, we were told the building is all clear this morning. And then we noticed a dude walking around the building over and over. Turns out he's on fire patrol, circling the building to make sure it's not catching on fire. I feel. So safe.

....Wow. Just wow. :Wha:

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Oh, ew. That reminds me of the time that I was staying in a hotel and the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night, and the teevee turned on by itself warning me to get the hell outta there. All the guests gathered in the lobby, fire alarm blaring, until the management told us they couldn't locate the source and they would turn the alarm off so we could sleep.

Yeah. I didn't sleep that night :D

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net

I can't believe the fire marshal would let you guys back in while still having someone inspect. Just... shady.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score

Wow. Just can't imagine how they get away with that. Eesh.

So no news today. I guess we will get news another day. It's coming, but the rumor was wrong.

:Hug2:

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Huggles, Tori. :Hug2:

I'm sooooo tired. Convention was not what I expected. Best part ended up being the car rides with some of my co-workers. :Shrug:

Also, I'm tired. In case I hadn't mentioned it before.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

Oh :eek: Yeah...

So no news today. I guess we will get news another day. It's coming, but the rumor was wrong.

:Hug2:

Huggles, Tori. :Hug2:

I'm sooooo tired. Convention was not what I expected. Best part ended up being the car rides with some of my co-workers. :Shrug:

Also, I'm tired. In case I hadn't mentioned it before.

And :Hug2:to you, too. :)

I'm thinking a blueberry vodka on the rocks this evening.

Yes, please.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I can't believe the fire marshal would let you guys back in while still having someone inspect. Just... shady.

I think it's because the alarm was pulled rather than triggered by flame/heat, and they stopped the breakdown before it resulted in actual flammage.

Also, a bird just hit the window and died.

It's possible this building is cursed. I'd certainly believe it.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's because the alarm was pulled rather than triggered by flame/heat, and they stopped the breakdown before it resulted in actual flammage.

So your "fire warden" patrolling the building was in fact a dark mage who put a curse on the place and the dead birds are the first sign of the hex.

I'll send the exorcist.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Really? I thought the word was perfectly chosen...to get your attention. :D

Some options:

Pick a WIP and read through your favorite parts, the scenes that started it for you or that you surprised yourself with.

Read something that you enjoy, that gets your mind to stretch into all sorts of "what if" directions.

Sit down and start writing, even if it stinks, until it starts to stink less or your brain caves and gives you good words to replace the bad ones with.

Fassbender.

mmmmm...... Fassbender......

Two words.

GET. OUT.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
So your "fire warden" patrolling the building was in fact a dark mage who put a curse on the place and the dead birds are the first sign of the hex.

I'll send the exorcist.

Michael? I have noticed he is impervious to cold.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Michael? I have noticed he is impervious to cold.

Suspicion confirmed. You will need to stake him in the heart with a fire axe and banish him to the nether realm using a chant composed of the clicking of mouse buttons and keyboards.

Also, you probably shouldn't come to me for exorcism advice. Or advice about fire wardens.

Or really any advice at all.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I have finally convinced my employers to feed me alcohol at work. My mission is complete. :thankyou:

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
402358_246805728726810_126894987384552_570486_69179775_n.jpg

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a really crappy picture of my blue hair (and me without makeup) [snip]
And a glimpse of my workplace. Yes. I match the carpet. Yes, I've been looking at that carpet for 10 years. I will not miss it.

I like it! (The blue hair, not the carpeting.)

Just reading a day's worth of AW in 10 minutes waiting for that shoe to drop had me twitching in my seat. That had to have made for a seriously sh*tty day for you. :Hug2:

I'm thinking a blueberry vodka on the rocks this evening.

I do believe you have earned it.

Yeah.... not so much.

The fire alarm goes off in my building constantly. Between construction/renovation folks screwing things up, and students yanking the alarm because they didn't study for their midterm/final, it's a quite regular occurance. And yes, very occasionally, someone manages to blow something up in one of the labs. But I tell ya, if I saw actual flames coming out of the building? I would pack my kids and the beasties in the car and try to get at least 100 miles upwind of the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.