XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Child and I made spice cake cupcakes and vanilla pudding. Then we dipped the cupcakes in the warm pudding. The end.

drool.gif

The end.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
drool.gif

I have to say, this smiley bothers me more than the other one people don't like...

Maybe it's the puddle...

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score

GreenEpic

...because you don't know yourself
Registered
Reaction score
So I was browsing through some of the SYW stories, and noticed that random words are hyperlinked to ads.

What's the deal with this? Has it always been there, and I just never noticed it? Do these people know their submitted work is full of lame "Click to win a free ipad!" scams?

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
So I was browsing through some of the SYW stories, and noticed that random words are hyperlinked to ads.

What's the deal with this? Has it always been there, and I just never noticed it? Do these people know their submitted work is full of lame "Click to win a free ipad!" scams?

Uh... that shouldn't be like that. (Goes to check it out.)

ETA: I browsed a few and didn't see that. Can you point me at an example?

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't seen any either.

Hmm, you might want to check your browser. Clear all your cookies and such. You may also want to scan your computer for adware and the like. I'd be really surprised if that stuff was happening on AWs end.

Pallas Athene

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone :) I have a question though- what exactly is a smibble? The best I can figure out from searching is it's some sort of furred edible... thing that can apparently also be used as furniture.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Athene!

Smibbles are in the first order of Cantina arcana. There will be a test later.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Morning cantinas :Sun:

I have real unfettered sunshine this morning, and plenty to spare, feel free to share it.

:Coffee:

I'll take some sunshine, it's still the middle of the night here.

I'm up. Might as well do some writing, right?

Debio

Registered
Reaction score

I'm learning. I'm gonna follow your idea. Actually, I'm going to work on editing this short story that has been sitting here, waiting for me to try subbing it. I need to rework the beginning, should be able to cut a thousand words. Then I'll let you all rip it to pieces in SYW, cry a bit, then make it totally awesome, instead of pretty good.

It's been sitting long enough that cutting 1/4 of it shouldn't be too painful. I'll just pretend it's someone elses.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com

Right, here's your sunshine :Sun:

It's been sitting long enough that cutting 1/4 of it shouldn't be too painful. I'll just pretend it's someone elses.
Don't forget to collect your editing chainsaw on the way through. :e2chain:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's too early for sunshine. I'd take a smibble snack though, before collapsing on a pile of them...

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I only have fruit I'm afraid. I also have pain, my hip is hurting again. It hurts so much I could throw something.

In other news I am listening to a song that includes the lyric

Well she can work those lights
So they fiddle with the traffic
Sometimes she's mean
As an M- 16 automatic

Nick Lowe - cheesy, but genius.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What causes the hip pain?

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
What causes the hip pain?

My right hip flexor muscle, so I suppose I should say, it's my muscle not my hip. I badly twisted it, and some days it flares up something stupid. Usually after I have been doing something that involves leaning forward and also putting in a lot of effort like say, cycling, or using my knitting or sewing machines.

I need to do things that involve me being horizontal I think. *I dare you cantina, I dare you* ;)

Pallas Athene

Registered
Reaction score
My right hip flexor muscle, so I suppose I should say, it's my muscle not my hip. I badly twisted it, and some days it flares up something stupid. Usually after I have been doing something that involves leaning forward and also putting in a lot of effort like say, cycling, or using my knitting or sewing machines.

I need to do things that involve me being horizontal I think. *I dare you cantina, I dare you* ;)

What's so bad about swimming? :D

I hope your muscle heals soon.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Debio steps up. I'll take that dare.

You need to do something that involves being horizontal?

I recommend, Hot Bath. Splurge. Keep it hot, stay in till you get all wrinkly. Then get out and have a hot chocolate. Chocolate is always good. You need to visit Japan. Japanese baths are heaven.

Oh, um. I've edited down to about 3600 words. My beginning, it is lame, but parts are needed for making certain MC actions acceptable later. ARRRRGGGGHHH!!

Time to cry a bit. At least I cut out the MC wakes up first line, though, I might have been able to justify it.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

I went to bed last night after editing a chapter while being totally sleep drunk and in a good deal of pain from that running I did to chase the dog. I was fine as long as i sat still. The moment I got up and walked I felt like my leg was getting ripped off.

Didn't sleep too well because every time I rolled over I got the same pain. But now I'm up and it doesn't hurt at all. Maybe the exercise was good for me after all. :)

So today is going to be Epic Cleaning Day in the Kricket household. No one else is up yet, so I think I'll drink some hot coco do a little editing and then get a head start on the cleaning. Must be starting the nesting phase, I actually want to clean.

Happy Saturday all!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Morning all!

I'm off on an adventure for the next week, so I shan't be around. Please keep a smibble lit for me...

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Morning all!

I'm off on an adventure for the next week, so I shan't be around. Please keep a smibble lit for me...

Damn! They burn that long? Why didn't anyone tell me. Do you have any idea how much money I can save by using smibbles instead of kerosene to heat my house?

*mutters as he starts stuffing smibbles in a large garbage bag*

Oh, have a nice trip, come back safe. Bring me a present.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We are killing the smibbles before we set them on fire, yes? It would be horrible if they bounded into something flamable to do something so inhumane.

Besides, we used to have a stomping sparklehorn for all cruel acts.

I approve of horizontal swimming!

Lastly, I HAVE CELERIAC SEEDS IN THE GROUND! Bring on spring!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
My right hip flexor muscle, so I suppose I should say, it's my muscle not my hip. I badly twisted it, and some days it flares up something stupid.
Didn't sleep too well because every time I rolled over I got the same pain.

Ugh! Too much pain in the Cantina lately. Sending get-well vibes in both your directions, and towards Appalachia too, 'cause I seem to recall some woe there as well.

On a positive note, my nearly 1-year-old headache now has gaps in it, sometimes up to half a day, where my head doesn't noticeably hurt. And I'm finally starting physical therapy on my torn rotator cuff this coming Friday. Took me way too long, but it's very hard to do much of anything when your head hurts all the time.

Have a great time, wherever you are going!

Status
Not open for further replies.