The NFL 2012 Season

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Steelers down 13-3 to the Chargers at the half.

No offense to speak of.

Steelers can't seem to play well on both sides of the ball in the same game.

Ben looks good, capable. Receivers have their heads up their... well, somewhere else.

Dropping passes.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
What a nail bitter that Redskins - Ravens game was. So glad the Skins choose Kirk Cousins as back up quarterback. I think the Skins have a good 1-2 punch for the foreseeable future.

The Cowboys also pulled one out of their over sized stetsons and won on a field goal so they stay even with the Skins, though the Skins have a better Conference and Division record.

Now if only Drew Bree's and the Saints can nail the Giants, the Skins will have a chance for the Division title.

HTTR...

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Sucks to see the Ravens loose again but I got to give the Redskins credit, they simply would not quit. Just like the game last week, the Ravens had the chance to seal the win, but then shot themselves in the foot. They started off strong but once again, their offense suddenly became inept. The Redskins made adjustments, the Ravens didn't and this is the end result. They're pretty damn lucky the Bengals and Steelers also lost.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
That point spread was right on the money, wasn't it? I was following the game on the bottom of my screen. In hindsight, I'd have been much better off watching the Skins/Ravens than the Chargers/Steelers. Most seasons I don't get even half the Steeler games. But this year, oh this painful year I got all but one. Ignorance may not have been bliss, but it would have been less painful. I have to confess that as loyal to the Steelers as I've always been, there does come a time when I feel they've asked to much of me.

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
As someone who's bled burgundy and gold since he was five, it feels good to see such a magical season coming out of DC. When we were in the losing funk, I started to write the team off (Like Shanahan.) Then they got the deep threat back and suddenly, we're relevant!

I went shopping last night and was surrounded by Skins jerseys... Felt weird not to hear them call Cooley's name...

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
At this point, I'm kind of hoping for a Ravens' meltdown. They are a really good team, but without a shake up to remove or move around some underachievers on the team and remove the current set of coordinators (Cam and Pees) they simply are not going to win a Superbowl. In the long run, something happening to create this shakeup and getting a higher draft pick to work with will probably be better for the team than sneaking into the playoffs after a group of losses, being one and done in the playoffs, and having the higher ups still being able to say, "We were in the playoffs, so why mess around with the formula?" When a team that was 9-2 ends up with just the last wildcard spot or misses the playoffs entirely, that's when heads roll.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
... it feels good to see such a magical season coming out of DC. When we were in the losing funk, I started to write the team off (Like Shanahan.) Then they got the deep threat back and suddenly, we're relevant!

I hear ya.

My hubby was such a happy camper last night. ;)

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Well, looks like that shake up came sooner than I could have expected. Ravens' OC Cam Cameron has been fired and QB coach (and former Colts' head coach) Caldwell is the new OC. He'll certainly be given a trial by fire with going against the Broncos' defense this weekend.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Well, looks like that shake up came sooner than I could have expected. Ravens' OC Cam Cameron has been fired and QB coach (and former Colts' head coach) Caldwell is the new OC. He'll certainly be given a trial by fire with going against the Broncos' defense this weekend.

They should put you on the payroll!

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I'll certainly be rooting for the Texans. Ravens still have that shot of getting the first round bye, but only if the Patriots lose one more game before the season's end. Plus, if the Texans want to prove that they really are the elite of the AFC, they'll have to get by the Pats.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Damn. So much for the Texans being the favorites to go to the Superbowl. The Patriots made beating them look easy. Sure, we've seen some signs of weakness from the Texans over the last couple weeks but damn. Also, the Texans have a pretty tough remaining schedule, so they need to watch their step now or end up losing the number 1 seed.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
And it's Green Bay they are facing. The Bears are a good team, but it's never a good thing to have a do or die game against the Packers, especially when they already showed that they know how to beat the Bears earlier this season.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
And it's Green Bay they are facing. The Bears are a good team, but it's never a good thing to have a do or die game against the Packers, especially when they already showed that they know how to beat the Bears earlier this season.

Tell me about it. That's exactly what I mean. This will be the game for my Bears.

Oh well, all I can do is cross my fingers and hope.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I wish I were going to get that Packers/Bears game, should be a good one. I will get the Ravens/Broncos game, which should be another great, competitive game. Afterwards I'll get the Steelers/Cowboy game, which will also be a competitive, hard fought game

in deciding which team is actually worse.

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
RGIII not playing today. Kirk Cousins gets his first start as QB. This is going to make Morris's task a little harder on rushing. The odds makers are now saying the Browns will win by three...

I am not worried. Skins by 7. Cousins played very well in preseason and while he is mostly known as a pocket passer, he can run when he needs to. Shanahan has had Kirk practicing with the 1st team all week, so they do have a game plan and the players know they will have to help Morris and Cousins.

I would not be surprised if Kirk started against the Eagles next week as well. Why? We need RGIII back for the final game, Cowboys at Fedex. Still, if the Skins do not win today, and the Cowboys do tonight, then there is no reason to play RGIII the rest of the season. Let him sit and heal...

Win, lose, or draw, I am a Redskin fan. I bleed Burgundy and Gold. Still, we need the Bears, Cowboys and Seahawks to all take a dive today. I think the Bears might fall, but we need Cowboys and Seahawks to also loose. Right now, the Seahawks have better conference record than the Skins because of their 3-2-1 record, vs the Skins 3-3 conference record.

Anyway, how is everyone else feeling about their teams...

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Doubly down. Doubly down down.

Seriously I kind of get to the point when they've looked so bad that I say the hell with them, the hell with this season anyway. We get into the playoffs, which is unlikely, what are the odds we win one? Not good imo. We haven't earned a playoff spot this year.

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
As a loyal Redskin fan, I know how you guys feel.

We have been saying there is always next year for so long now that we don't even believe there is a next year. But this year has been different and I feel that if we don't make the playoffs this year, then next year WILL be the year...