Summarize your book in one sentence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdrisG

the wicked wit of the west
Registered
Reaction score
Anthemone Manigault is only one in a world filled with seers, but she foresees what nobody is supposed to--the end.

Last edited:

sayamini

i could go for another cappuccino.
Registered
Reaction score
Faultless Zero is about some long-lost twins who find each other, accidentally take over a nation, cope with interdimensional collapse, and eventually separate because no one knows where home is and there is a severe lack of maps.

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
What makes someone fit this description?
Biology :D

Less fliply, everyone in this world has magic. Different people are attuned to different types of magic. And regularly casting the wrong magic for your body can lead to some horrible, occasionally explosive consequences for that person and anyone near them.

MC wants to be a battle mage and get her butt-kick on, but unfortunately tests show she's one of the rare few (about 1 every 180-200 years) who's got to be a necromancer. This raises all kinds of problems, like the lack of qualified necromantic teachers, how gross dead things are, and the whole "everything necromancers do is pretty well illegal" aspect.

dontpanic

and carry a towel
Registered
Reaction score
Two couples attempt to breach the surreal workings of time and space that threaten their relationships.

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
This sounds like something I'd totally read, but 'Iron Age' is a bit vague. The iron age lasted centuries and spanned continents. What's your setting? :)

Well, it's an "alternate universe" sort of fantasy, not one set in a specific Earth time and place. The culture is somewhat reminiscent of the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms in the pre-Christian era, but not a complete copy of them.

SnowyWinters

Just the Right amount of Wrong
Registered
Reaction score
A woman's journey of self discovery as she immerses herself into the Burning Man culture and struggles to find where her boundaries are.

Tyler Silvaris

Master of the Shadowcloak
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
This raises all kinds of problems, like the lack of qualified necromantic teachers, how gross dead things are, and the whole "everything necromancers do is pretty well illegal" aspect.

Alright, I'm convinced. I'm interested to know more.

Two couples attempt to breach the surreal workings of time and space that threaten their relationships.

I'm a time/space nut, so even if this sounds a little romance-lined, I would likely read this. Or recommend it to my wife, who reads such stories and filters out the girly parts for me. lol

Grimironie VonFarmer seeks the giant albino chicken that allegedly killed her grandfather in the cornfields of Iowa.

I live in Iowa. You will never find that chicken. She's ours.

Burlesque in space after Stephen King steps on it.

I... Umm... uhhh... No. Just no. lol Not only am I disturbed by the random imagery this created, I'm further disturbed because I believe my father would LOVE this story idea. *sigh* :Headbang:

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Visionary inventor uses holograms to cloak tanks during the First World War, but dreams bigger dreams for peacetime, provided he can keep convincing the military to fund it.

wildcard

Registered
Reaction score
Kenna becomes a Hunter in order to find her mother who has been kidnapped by Nightmares.

Andrea Rittschof

Registered
Reaction score
Anthemone Manigault is only one in a world filled with seers, but she foresees what nobody is supposed to--the end.
I really like this one and it intrigues me which means its a better one liner than I could put together but even more, sounds like you have something there.

tom1172821

Registered
Reaction score
Contemporary 'overcoming-highschool' character arch... with dimensional travel and psychedelic aliens.

morriss003

Lurking along
Registered
Reaction score
Website
warmhawaiian.wix.com
Forty-eight teenagers are trapped at a camp in the southern Sierra Nevada Mountains by a mysterious and dangerous brown Fog covering the Earth below.

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
When Mikaela is brought to an affluent planet with many races living and working together to operate a mysterious factory, she needs to discover the factory’s secrets if she hopes to ensure her little brother’s safety from their captors.

MrNumbahOne

Registered
Reaction score
The powers that you sold your soul to the devil for can still be used for the good of humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.