XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Cute chicks, Fen. And yeah, I can't wait for spring either. Just two more months!

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Then again, aren't there just heaps of bikes around where you live? Surely, they get sold off somewhere at the end of the university year? Or are you planning to restart that bmx career again? I would be :e2bike2: at it.

There are, yeah, loads. But I'm not as svelte (snort!) as I used to be, and I'm oddly proportioned apart from that (really short legs and a really long torso - like the legs of a 5' tall woman and the torso of a 6' tall woman - which seems to matter more at 36 than 16), so I need to get properly fitted and, depending on the bike, might need a stronger frame/more spokes. Crunchy bones don't help, either. I would love to do more BMX, though! I used to ride the dirt trails we had near where I grew up. My dad and brother rode their dirt bikes and I had my BMX. I was never Mike King or Dave Mirra; I mostly did simple jumps and barspins, but it was fun! :)

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Agreed. I can't wait to go home and watch it on a computer that actually lets me play sound. This one at my desk is reluctant and I'd have to dig it out of its hiding place and mess with wires and stuff.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I was gonna ask about Gina but remembered she was away.

And thanks everyone for the chicken comments, including on youtube. I should have gotten some shots of Pepper on this lovely day. He runs about like a baby emu :D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Btw, why doesnt anyone else post videos? Some of you have iPhones too! iPhones that arent in desert lakes! Or other recording equipment...

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a total spring fever gardening bug. I planted 72 celery root seeds in a starter tray.

I tempted fate today and planted some flowers. It's only March, after all. We've been known to have frosts still.

So everything went into planters that can come indoors if the weather cools off.

:D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What kinda flowers? I'm going to put some marigolds and nasturium in pots so I might start those soon.

Night folks.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some purple things, some blue ones, some white ones.

My daughter picked them out. The blue ones are morning glories, the white ones something called moonflowers, and the purples ones are purple.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I call foul Tiffers. But I call that anytime something drowns in goshdarn Arizona.

I watched Frozen Planet - very fascinating - and now I'm watching something about a serial killer in Alaska. All in the name of research.

And - I have always said if there was a worldwide disaster, like aliens or zombies or a pandemic - I would go to the wilds of the Pacific Northwest. Now, I think if there are zombies, I'm going to the Taiga http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiga

surely the zombies would freeze before they got to you. Well, in winter. It's rather temperate and there's plenty of wood to make structures, have fuel, etc. And wildlife. Who's with me?!

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I have a total spring fever gardening bug. I planted 72 celery root seeds in a starter tray. I bought four little romaines yesterday. I put three in one big pot and one with two from my indoor gardening start. I also transplanted some basil. I have iris bulbs in the fridge. I reviewed the seeds I own and what I need to buy.

Bring on spring!

also - i'm not far from having to move, and in the new place (if I get in!) they have huge private patios. I want to see if I can get a big ole planter and have some herbs. Not to mention, not having to live in darkness. My current apt, I have no privacy and have to keep my blinds shut all the time. The new place has all the windows at the back, facing the private patio. There shall be light! And indoor plants and purty flowerses.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
I clean, too.

Also, laundry.

:Jaw:

Color me impressed (I'm sure CM has a related color already picked out for this).

also - i'm not far from having to move, and in the new place (if I get in!) they have huge private patios. I want to see if I can get a big ole planter and have some herbs. Not to mention, not having to live in darkness. My current apt, I have no privacy and have to keep my blinds shut all the time. The new place has all the windows at the back, facing the private patio. There shall be light! And indoor plants and purty flowerses.

That sounds awesome!

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Now see, if you'd said "lifts heavy things", "gets things down from tall shelves" and "is good with fire"...

I do some of that, I also open jars with tight tops. Does that count? If not, I think I better start doing more of that other stuff.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Btw, why doesnt anyone else post videos? Some of you have iPhones too! iPhones that arent in desert lakes! Or other recording equipment...

Because watching a crippled old broad typing on a netbook, or reading a Kindle does not make for exciting YouTube watching?

Though I do confess, my hair sometimes would put Tina Turner's worst excesses to shame. tat might be photo-worthy, but only in the "people of walmart" sense of the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.