Status
Not open for further replies.

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
Hello Cantina. Back from Day One of new job.

Uniform and "Batman Utility Belt."

I think I'm going to like this.

And hello to our newest Cantinarino. Welcome.

I'm the guy with no pants. :D

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
It will get better. At least next time you'll know what it is. :Hug2:

(If you've had iritis once, unfortunately you are more likely than not to get it again sometime, sooner or later. In my case it was five years later.)
Thanks. I'm also thinking I need to get tested for ankylosing spondylitis, which is an inflammatory spine disease that carries a strong genetic predisposition. Iritis is a symptom and all my back and hip problems fit the profile. Plus my dad has it.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score

Soooo... are you going to tell us more? I'm imagining you in yellow overalls with a hard hat, working in a hollowed-out volcano, answering to a boss who shaves his head and gets driven around the complex in a golf cart with a cat under his arm.

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
Soooo... are you going to tell us more? I'm imagining you in yellow overalls with a hard hat, working in a hollowed-out volcano, answering to a boss who shaves his head and gets driven around the complex in a golf cart with a cat under his arm.
I am now working security at a nearby hospital. I'm using a duty belt to hold all my nifty gadgets.

I get to help the Emergency Room docs when they put someone in restraints and with 5150s when they come in. Gonna be interesting.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I haven't played with you guys because I came home and edited, like a good writer.

Good morning! Need the wake-up fairy...

I am NOT on her rotation... we don't speak any more after.. uhm... there was an incident.

Hello Cantina. Back from Day One of new job.

I think I'm going to like this.

And hello to our newest Cantinarino. Welcome.

I'm the guy with no pants. :D

so how do you keep the batman belt in place?

I am now working security at a nearby hospital. I'm using a duty belt to hold all my nifty gadgets.

I get to help the Emergency Room docs when they put someone in restraints and with 5150s when they come in. Gonna be interesting.

that is gonna be awesome....

my mom worked housekeeping in a psych ward. She has lots of stories.

ER's are much like psych wards.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

Oooh, you gotta write some of this stuff down. One of my old classmates is the county jailer here, and the on-the-job stories he can tell.....

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
is this a story or news you are telling us with your emoticon string, oh tifferbug?

my sis has a lot of friends who are cops - all their stories, the people are naked, drunk or writhing with maggots.

I mean, how many writhing with maggots stories can someone have??

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I mean, how many writhing with maggots stories can someone have??

Daniel calls them, "freaks, geeks, flunkies and junkies." Apparently the nuts are where the entertainment comes in. Here's a story told to me by Daniel, which landed straight in my idea notebook:

There's a "preacher" in town, a crazy who loves his marijuana. He likes to toke up, stand in the middle of Winchester Avenue, and preach to the passing cars. Naturally, this gets him arrested.

One day he's in jail, and Dan walks past his cell. Preacher is waving his arms in a weird gesturing ritual. "What are you doing, Preacher?" asked Dan.

"I'm getting ready to broadcast my sermon," Preacher answered, "and I'm trying to tune in."

Then there's this guy. No, I could not make this up; truth really is stranger than fiction. According to Dan, this guy was entertainment for days. They don't tell in the video (or on CNN!!!! yeah, I didn't know whether to laugh my ass off or hang my head in shame) is that the guy also had his shirt pulled up over his head when he tried this robbery. So the jailers called him the Great Cornholio. This was unappreciated by the gentleman in question.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
No no. That was Bos.

Bos had the ice cream pants.

Just for the record. Bos was borrowing my pants AND my ice cream.

Oh, and I had a pretty decent Monday too. Perhaps you should just rename it in the US?

Good morning cantinas :Sun:

It really is sunny today and himself has just found out that he's passed this year at university. There may be :Cake: later.

I have heaps to read and type and so on. Better get on with it then.

:Coffee:

ETA: :gaah

Last edited:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Listening to your mother cry all morning because she doesn't remember having paid a bill, and doesn't believe you when you tell her (repeatedly) it was done.... not conducive to a good writing morning.

K_Woods

9 of 10 Overlords prefer Evil Pie!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
web.itctel.com
Good morning. Off to drop my son off at the bus stop this morning (his last week of kindergarten! :cry: *sniff*), then down to SDSU to research. And by research, I mean pore over issues of Science Fiction Studies in the reference room. (Because I'm just craaaaazy enough to wonder if I could do that someday.) Well, and probably some other stuff too.

As much as I love being in school again, I do wish I could go full-time. Another 76 hours to go, and at this rate...!!! :Headbang:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
When I'm feeling down, the strange stories and TMI (please, swapping pants is downright unnatural)always manages to cheer me up.

Today is the very last day for our small town school. It's such a shame that we are losing our school and it is closing. Little schools rock.

:( Have they made any plans for the building, or is it going to sit empty until they can decide what to do with it?

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
When I'm feeling down, the strange stories and TMI (please, swapping pants is downright unnatural)always manages to cheer me up.

:( Have they made any plans for the building, or is it going to sit empty until they can decide what to do with it?

True story.

:( :( :( Out here they've been doing a lot of that, too. Its sad to see so many schools shut down and kids get displaced.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
If anyone wants to know why I'm so interested in what happens to buildings which get closed, go Google what has happened to the Charles Rennie Mackintosh buildings (this is but a sample) to see that no matter how important, some developers seem to have no respect whatsoever for history. Repurposing and preserving important heritage should be a priority...

Sorry, rant-inducing subject. :Ssh:

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello friends.

So getting only three hours sleep every night is totally not working. And I've only got two ways of fixing it. Either I can not have any quality time with my husband because I'd be going to bed at the same time as Little K or I can stop being a nice wife and not let Mr. K get 6 hours of sleep. I'm leaning more toward the second option because Mr. K isn't doing much to deserve that much sleep.

:mad:

Can I go back to bed now?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Today is the very last day for our small town school. It's such a shame that we are losing our school and it is closing. Little schools rock.

:( That does suck.

This is the last year for the neighborhood elementary school. They'll be busing all the kids to a giant single elementary school for the district. I don't understand why they think that's a good idea. And it's not like we're a small district.

There's a Montessori school moving into the building though, so the building won't sit idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.