Prayer requests.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Oh, Siri! *hands hanky* I suspect your mother has one of those iron constitutions, and I can see she has wonderful, loving children. Rest assured you'll both have the prayers and support of all of us here while she--and you--get through this. Take good care yourself in the meantime. We'll be in your corner. :heart:

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers for all of you and Siri for you and your mother and family.
My husband's uncle passed finally last night. Please pray for his wife and daughters and grand daughters and my FIL who is his brother. They lost their sister 6 weeks ago as well so this is a double whammy.

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Update: No problems with the stent she already had. No problem with the angiogram itself. Unfortunately, what she needs is a new heart valve and (I think) a new artery; that will require open heart surgery if she chooses to do it. She's 86 and lives alone (but one of my brothers stays with her twice a week). I had already offered to go down and stay with her to cook and such like during her convalescence in the event of serious surgery. Looks like that may happen. Probably next month.

Someone hand me a hanky. Thanks.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

((((((((((Big hug Siri)))))))))))))) I will be praying.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
prayers for everyone! Hope things get better for all. I have a 3 month doc's appt. w. my arm. Hope he'll say it's ok and discharge me. I still can't make a fist and my fingers hurt,but what can ya do. How's wound is not good. Thx again for all your prayers. :Hug2:s

Prayers sent, Susie.:Hug2:

Update: No problems with the stent she already had. No problem with the angiogram itself. Unfortunately, what she needs is a new heart valve and (I think) a new artery; that will require open heart surgery if she chooses to do it. She's 86 and lives alone (but one of my brothers stays with her twice a week). I had already offered to go down and stay with her to cook and such like during her convalescence in the event of serious surgery. Looks like that may happen. Probably next month.

Someone hand me a hanky. Thanks.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

*Hands Siri a hanky*

That's big news to take in, but it sounds like your mother has a lot of family around her. When does she have to make the decision?

Sending hugs and prayers to all your family.:Hug2:

Prayers for all of you and Siri for you and your mother and family.
My husband's uncle passed finally last night. Please pray for his wife and daughters and grand daughters and my FIL who is his brother. They lost their sister 6 weeks ago as well so this is a double whammy.

Prayers sent, Sassy. :Hug2:

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam!

Thanks, everyone! She'll be making the decision soon. The doctor's give it a good prognosis if she has the surgery reasonably soon. She does have a minor surgery for a basal cell (minor) skin cancer at the end of this month, and the brother who lives closest to her will be away early next month. So if she has it, it will probably be in the second half of October or early in November. If it happens--and we think it will--then I will go down to stay with her during the convalescence, but not the surgery itself. That's what will work best for all of us.

Again, thanks all for your prayers. All of you are in mine.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Could use some prayers for my right eye and eyelids. They're a mess at the moment, probably from allergies.

In case anyone of you haven't seen the thread, the friend of the daughter of justJM committed suicide. So prayers are in order for everyone affected.

Prayers for all of you.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers sent, Siri.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Thanks, Sunshine and Lavern!

Mom will be talking with the cardiologist at the end of the month. She plans on going ahead with the surgery, but can't set a date until she has that talk.

My eye feels much better. There's still some inflammation in/on the eyelids of the right eye.

Prayers for everyone here (wherever your "here" happens to be).

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
So pleased to hear you're feeling better, Siri. Wishes for a lovely Sunday, and every day, to all the lovely people here (and those who prefer to stay a bit more invisible.) :Hug2:

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, dear. That's tragic. Prayers for you and everyone else as requested.

Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Could use some prayers for my right eye and eyelids. They're a mess at the moment, probably from allergies.

In case anyone of you haven't seen the thread, the friend of the daughter of justJM committed suicide. So prayers are in order for everyone affected.

Prayers for all of you.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Read farther down the thread...and... Oh- that's good news.

:Hug2:

Thanks, Sunshine and Lavern!

Mom will be talking with the cardiologist at the end of the month. She plans on going ahead with the surgery, but can't set a date until she has that talk.

My eye feels much better. There's still some inflammation in/on the eyelids of the right eye.

Prayers for everyone here (wherever your "here" happens to be).

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Thanks, Bufty, for both posts.

Update: Mom called last night. Now, I knew she was having a basal cell cancer removed last Monday, but didn't ask for prayers as Mom and my husband and I have all had them removed, and they're no big deal. Well. This one had spread and the doctor had to remove it three times (same session, with half hour lapses to visit the lab) before he got clean margins. They knew it would be a longish procedure because they would be checking with the lab, so the brother who took her there went off to teach his evening class. He managed to lose his key and needed to be rescued himself by my other brother (who fortunately was in town; he's not at the moment). So Mom had a longer than expected wait to get home. She sent us a photo taken right after the surgery. She looked like the victim of severe torture; there were huge blue-black bruises around her eyes, cheeks, and mouth...in addition to the bloody and large bandage on her head. I'll tell you, I'm impressed with the lady, because she was joking about it. Still, prayers would be appreciated.

Yes, she still plans on doing the open heart surgery at a TBD date.

So glad you're all here for me to say this.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers sent, Siri Kirpal. Hope it goes well for your mom.

My divorced sister's kids took a trip to Phoenix with their father for Fall Break. A big storm's coming up the Sea of Cortez and while it's predicted to give our town a bit of rain, it's supposed to slam Phoenix really hard. Heavy rain, flash floods, the works. Prayer are needed for their safety and the safety of others who are in the way of the storm.

Thank you.

Last edited:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Siri, prayers sent for you mum. She's sound quite a woman.

AZ - prayers sent for all those caught in the storm.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Prayers sent, AZ.

Thanks for the prayers, AZ and muse.

Prayers to anyone out there that needs them.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers sent for you and your Mom, Siri
and for you sister's kids AZ

Sorry I haven't been around. I work at a college and Sept. is busy but it's over now! :D