THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whut? I thought "boys drool" meant they lack intelligence or something along those lines. Like they sit there drooling because they don't know what's going on around them or maybe like dogs.

msza45

New Fish; Stuck on the Dang Hook
Registered
Reaction score
"easy-peazy"

"I'm gonna do me"

Everyone still calls everything a "hot mess" at my office.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
girls rule, boys drool

ps what exactly does this saying mean ? I get the thing about the girls, but not about the boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
I think it has something to do with STDs but I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
By jove, I think you've got it !

Frabjous. Just don't give it to me.

... the tee-shirt ?

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Whut? I thought "boys drool" meant they lack intelligence or something along those lines. Like they sit there drooling because they don't know what's going on around them or maybe like dogs.

hmm
that makes sense
not very flattering :-(

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score

I thought it meant that girls are so awesome and it makes boys drool over them.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
2014. The year everyone suddenly found gluten intolerable. Later, they all dumped ice buckets over their heads.

:roll:

One of my best friends has celiac (which, of course, means that she genuinely must eat gluten-free food). She's torn about the gluten-free craze. On the one hand, it means that she suddenly has a much larger selection of things she can eat in the grocery store and in restaurants. On the other hand, it drives her insane because she definitely would not be going gluten-free if she didn't have to do it, and she gets aggravated by people doing the gluten-free thing just because it's the latest trend.

I have too many friends who adopt a new food trend at least once a year. I've almost given up on dinner parties -- it's too difficult to cook something these days that everyone will eat.

Qui Amat Scribere

sed qui usquam procrastinates.
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, a chance to vent!

Peeve:
Irregardless.
Really? Did you mean to say that in all seriousness?
Please, please, please, if you don't know how to use your words then just stick with the simple and monosyllabic....

Ugh, yes, I hate 'irregardless'.

Similarly, I also hate when people use the phrase, 'I could care less.'

Also, and this may be weirdly specific, but something that really bothers me are posts, particularly on Facebook, that use 'Mom's'. For example: 'Only Mom's understand that feeling of looking into your baby's eyes the first time he goes potty'.* I'm normally good at ignoring bad grammar, but combined with the sanctimonious attitude it just drives me to distraction.

That, and, as someone mentioned earlier, 'Mama Bear'. Oh, you went Mama Bear on him, did you? Did you claw him to death and devour his flesh? Shame on you!

Clearly, I should just avoid Facebook for the rest of my life.

*Not an actual post that I have read. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it exists somewhere.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Yay, a chance to vent!

Ugh, yes, I hate 'irregardless'.

Similarly, I also hate when people use the phrase, 'I could care less.'

Also, and this may be weirdly specific, but something that really bothers me are posts, particularly on Facebook, that use 'Mom's'. For example: 'Only Mom's understand that feeling of looking into your baby's eyes the first time he goes potty'.* I'm normally good at ignoring bad grammar, but combined with the sanctimonious attitude it just drives me to distraction.

That, and, as someone mentioned earlier, 'Mama Bear'. Oh, you went Mama Bear on him, did you? Did you claw him to death and devour his flesh? Shame on you!

Clearly, I should just avoid Facebook for the rest of my life.

*Not an actual post that I have read. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it exists somewhere.

Oh, I can tell already that I'm going to like you. Welcome to AW!

Qui Amat Scribere

sed qui usquam procrastinates.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I can tell already that I'm going to like you. Welcome to AW!

Thank you! I've been enjoying the posts of yours that I run across, as well. I find that I'm liking it here a lot, which is why I eventually decided to stop lurking and sign up. Everyone is fun and seems to have a great sense of humour!

Getting back on track: 'Could you not?'

No. I can't not. The curse won't allow it. Sorry.

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
:roll:

One of my best friends has celiac (which, of course, means that she genuinely must eat gluten-free food). She's torn about the gluten-free craze. On the one hand, it means that she suddenly has a much larger selection of things she can eat in the grocery store and in restaurants. On the other hand, it drives her insane because she definitely would not be going gluten-free if she didn't have to do it, and she gets aggravated by people doing the gluten-free thing just because it's the latest trend.

I have too many friends who adopt a new food trend at least once a year. I've almost given up on dinner parties -- it's too difficult to cook something these days that everyone will eat.
Then there's this person who is also celiac, but wishes everyone would shut the hell up about gluten free, because the faddy 'gluten free' foodstuffs often aren't. Not enough for someone with the condition as bad as she (I think) has it.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
2014. The year everyone suddenly found gluten intolerable. Later, they all dumped ice buckets over their heads.

You know 100 years from now people will look back at this year and think all the history books are lying and it was just a big joke. Sadly though we know the truth.

And while I'm here if I see one more thing with the suffix -maggedon added to it.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
The only one I remember ever hearing, besides Armageddon, is 'stormaggedon'. Are there actually more?!

Yes indeed, there's more! Regdogageddon, Haggisageddon, Fruitbatageddon, and Cassandrageddon, just to name a few that I've heard lately.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And while I'm here if I see one more thing with the suffix -maggedon added to it.
Or "-gate". Folks, the origin of this was the Watergate Hotel. "-gate" wasn't tacked on at the end to denote it's a scandal; it was ALREADY PART OF THE NAME.
where's my boo at?
Fixed it for you.

Last edited:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Yes indeed, there's more! Regdogageddon, Haggisageddon, Fruitbatageddon, and Cassandrageddon, just to name a few that I've heard lately.

:mob:

Or "-gate". Folks, the origin of this was the Watergate Hotel. "-gate" wasn't tacked on at the end to denote it's a scandal; it was ALREADY PART OF THE NAME.

I hate that one, too. Grrr.

Oh, and I hate it when someone starts a sentence with "I'm sorry" when they are not apologizing. E.g., "I'm sorry, but your argument is totally wrong and you are an idiot.".

Ona Mission

A Bit Squirrelly
Registered
Reaction score
Website
onanewmission.wordpress.com
I hate "I'm sorry" for just about anything. No you're not sorry. If you were, you wouldn't keep pissing me off. How many sorry's does it take to wind up with Ona's boot up your arse?

Try me.

thepicpic

May or may not be a potato.
Registered
Reaction score
I hate "I'm sorry" for just about anything. No you're not sorry. If you were, you wouldn't keep pissing me off. How many sorry's does it take to wind up with Ona's boot up your arse?

Try me.

As a continuation...

'You're an idiot and you're wrong. My opinion is right. No offence.'

Yet because they said no offence, I'm the one who's wrong for jamming a fork in their temple?

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sharknado

(Actually anything with "nado" attached to it besides a tornado.) :flag: