Last Game you have played...

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm on my second run through of Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition. I bought it for PS3 to play over Xmas (I know, I know talk about late to the party) and discovered the world of PC modding when I was looking for a walkthrough...And bought a PC copy so I could experiement. lol!

Suffice to say my 'good' laptop that is supposed to be dedicated to digital art only is now hooked up to the plasma, and I have a wireless KB and mouse just so I can have the best of both worlds. :)

I'm plotting my next playthrough to include the Enhanced Atmosphere and Quests and Legends mods already, since I missed out on loading them before starting this one!

AustinT

Just keep on writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I bought myself a copy of Skyrim: Legendary Edition as a reward for finishing the second draft of my current work-in-progress novel back in December. Now I'm almost wishing I hadn't. I finally got notes back from my readers and it's been tough diving back into the third draft, now that I've got dozens of Skyrim missions lingering in the back of my mind...

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I've started on Lufia: The Legend Returns for the Game Boy Color. It's quite complex for a Game Boy RPG, with randomized dungeons and a formation system that ties into characters' powers, but I'm really loving it so far. And Wain is an awesome idiot hero. :D

Pkmatrix

Registered
Reaction score
I'm about 80% through Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. I've been loving it so far! ^_^

StormChord

Allegedly Gullible
Registered
Reaction score
I know I'm late to the party, but I've been playing through Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 and am loving it, even though I can't stand the actual show. :p

SapphireGuardian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
igg.me
Still Life 2 ---> Check! Different than the first one. It is also longer and it was much harder, with plenty timed puzzles and possible death, which is very rare in adventure games. Regardless what the reviews told, it's a great sequel. Next ---> Post Mortem (Still Life prequel). Then Syberia 1-2 comes. :)

mjd88

Registered
Reaction score
I was able to pick up Fallout 3 GOTY (PC version) for free (using some reward points on my CC) over at Amazon (would have been $13 - not too bad) - it won't be in stock until around the 5th so I probably won't get it until the weekend.

I've heard that as far as PC games with massive mod capabilities, Fallout 3 & TES-IV: Oblivion are the way to go. I've already got Oblivion for the 360, so I figured I would go with Fallout on the PC. I've poked around a little to see what mods are out there, and it looks promising.

Anybody out there have any mod suggestions? I've played Fallout a few times before (my brother had it for the 360) - should I play through without mods the first time? If not, which are the best to start out with off the bat?

HSLane

Registered
Reaction score
Bioshock Infinite. I got it because of all the hype. Biiiiiig mistake - I was pretty underwhelmed by it, both story and play-wise. It's not a bad game by any means, but the first Bioshock (which came with it) was vastly superior.

Going to dive into Skyrim. I suspect that when I pull myself out, I'll have a Nord accent.

Natira

Registered
Reaction score
The last game I played was the Sims... it was strangely addictive for what it is.

mjd88

Registered
Reaction score
Bioshock Infinite. I got it because of all the hype. Biiiiiig mistake - I was pretty underwhelmed by it, both story and play-wise. It's not a bad game by any means, but the first Bioshock (which came with it) was vastly superior.

Going to dive into Skyrim. I suspect that when I pull myself out, I'll have a Nord accent.

I've got Skyrim for the 360 and let me tell you - I've had days off of work where I started playing around 7:30 or 8:00 in the morning and next thing I know, my wife is home from work at 5:00 and I don't know where the time went! :roll:

Ridiculously immersing game - very easy to lose yourself for a day in there. I hear it's even better on PC thanks to the massive modding community.

Mike

SapphireGuardian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
igg.me
Post Mortem ---> Finished. Great Still Life prequel, however it's very different. But I'll delay Syberia 1-2 for a time. After three adventure games I want to play with something different.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I've been playing an old old OLD Civilization-style game called Call to Power 2...and, you know what/

It is shocking how little the Civilization formula has changed.

dontpanic

and carry a towel
Registered
Reaction score
I recently finished Supergiant's 'Bastion' from 2011. Whilst I usually deplore PC gaming because I find the controls fiddly - must get something to connect my Xbox controller to my laptop - I adored this so much.

You play as 'The Kid' in an attempt to rebuild your world after 'The Calamity' and find out about your past and why the disaster happened. The artwork is stunning, the narrator immersive and the gameplay smooth. The story and characters are well drawn and the music is just beautiful. One of the most effective games I've ever played and would recommend it to anyone who loves story-driven fantasy games.

The same team are also bringing out a new game this year called 'Transistor' which is more sci-fi influenced by looks so exciting. :)

SapphireGuardian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
igg.me
Infected: The Twin Vaccine. Pretty good hidden object game, with a well told story and good puzzles. It's a bit short, but the bonus chapter, which has presented the prelude story is slightly extended the gametime. Overall, it was an excellent three hours long game.

Isilya

Rogues, thieves, and knaves abound
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
... Minecraft ... it has consumed my soul (or what little I have left after getting my WOW rogue her Fangs of the Father when they were still relevant)

gambit924

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Behind on console games. Last game I played was LOTRO, and I'm questing in Moria and I got bored with it pretty quickly, but yeah, LOTRO. AT least now I am half way to lvl 55. Past half way. That's the bad thing about only having one night to play a week, you can't accomplish much.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Bloons Monkey City Beta. Pretty good for just being released this weekend.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Been faffing around with Metro: Last Light. Eh, as much as I'm intrigued by the setting, straight-up shooters just aren't my thing. Makes me want to break out Fallout for the millionth play through.

Maybe I'll see if I can't track down the Metro 2033/2034 novels, provided there's even a translation.

SapphireGuardian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
igg.me
Rise of the Argonauts is another underrated gem. It's one of those rare games where actually the well written story motivates you. The characters are interesting. Jason of Iolcus, is the Commander Shepherd of this game, the character you plays with, is a fair minded King eager to find a way to bring back his wife from the dead. Atalanta, the swift archer has a great background story. Achilles has maybe greater ego than Brad Pitt in Troy. The conversations of Pan and Hercules reminds me for the conversations of Garrus and Wrex, while Daedalus is like a Greek Mordin (Mass Effect). Each quest is memorable and finally you have to do more than pick ten flowers, which is usually the basic quests for most AAA RPGs. The combat is simple, but entertaining, and the skill system, along with Goddess Athena and the Gods, Ares, Hermes, Apollo, is very interesting. Finally a game which does not have the standard XP system, but it's something new. You have to offer your completed quest deeds to these Gods to evolve. Unfortunately the game has some bugs and loves to crash to desktop, but other than that, it's a really great game and it is highly recommended to those who love games based on the Greek Mythology. Two islands, Mycenae and Saria, check! Let's leave the secrets of Kythra and the Temple of Athena for tomorrow. :)

Anna_Hedley

Fuelled by tea and crumpets.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm finally getting around to finishing my playthrough of Borderlands 1. I'm playing as Brick. Being able to punch an enemy's head off is incredibly cathartic.

Last edited:

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I'm finally getting around to finishing my playthrough of Borderlands 1. I'm playing as Brick. Being able to punch an enemy's head off is incredibly cathartic.

I have this and the sequel in my Steam backlog (for the life of me I can't remember how I ended up with both before playing the first one . . . must have been a combo pack or something). I'll be playing it soon, but have been putting it off, as I keep hearing it's much better in coop and I don't really do much multiplaying these days.