WL Poets Agency / The Poets Literary Agency

xhouseboy

In the Yellow Woods
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
AuthorHouse is a self-publishing service.

I just read his blog. Seems like he was taken in by the WL aggressive marketing strategy shite, website to attract publishers and all that. And this part of the scam normally comes into play after the ms has been milked for all its worth at the 'editing' stage.

So after Sherry's taken her whack he still ends up shelling out again to Author House????

Sad.

gophergrrrl

Been a while but I've returned...
Registered
Reaction score
WOW! WL CALLED ME!

Craziness! This guy (sorry, I completely forgot what his name was-- er, what he said it was) who claimed to be a representative for some branch of critique payment plans called and was asking me about whether or not I was going to pay, and I humored him and went on with the conversation, just out of curiosity about what he'd say. He became a little unnerved at me a couple of times, and he didn't really handle himself in much of a professional manner, but it was definitely interesting! Are there any cases with any of you where you were actually contacted by phone from these guys?

Oh, and if you know where there is a more active thread (with more traffic than this one) about WL, could someone please either paste my message there or send me a message and let me know to head that way? I'm new around here and I just keep getting lost in all the threads! And is there anyway that someone can get my 'wl phone call experience' story to Victoria Strauss or James McDonald? I'd love to hear their thoughts on this! =o]

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
Hi gopher, and probably someone's already PMed you the information, but just in case - the WL thread you probably want is here:
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62493

and the simplest way to give your info to Victoria or James is to find one of their posts, click on the profile and pm or email them through it.
-Barbara

AC Crispin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.accrispin.com
There is, and has been, an ALERT up on Writer Beware for people who have had problems with Writers Literary Agency, Strategic Book Publishing, Eloquent, New York Literary Agency, S.T. Literary Agency, WL Children's Literary Agency, WL Screenplay Agency, The Literary Agency Group, Global, or any of the other Robert Fletcher owned "agencies" or "publishing companies."

Just go to www.writerbeware.com and it's right there on the front page

Gives contact info, etc.

If you have had problems, please check out this ALERT.

-Ann C. Crispin

Chair, Writer Beware

www.writerbeware.com

stan_cohen

Registered
Reaction score
I've been sucked in...

Okay, so I've just found this website, and realised how much of an idiot I was to believe in this company.

I thankfully haven't gone too far though, but I have paid around £60 for my "initial critique" which apperantly is a load of rubbish...so it there any way I cna get my money back? And I mean anyway, I am fuming at the moment, I will not stop chasing them for my money back now...how should I go about this?

C. K. Casner

is a twisted individual
Registered
Reaction score
Good to hear. Stick around. There is a lot of info here.