XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
dude... .I'm sorry... but I'm not goin' in those waters. Not for nobody, no how.

This.

Debio, you are on your own there. :)

And This.

With the exception of watching the occasional mega-meltdown or catching up on one in TIO, I don't venture too far from the safe harbor of the Cantina.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I'm done. I was just getting my feet wet. I don't usually want to take part in those things. I just wanted to see if I could participate without losing my own control. I also don't want to be party to adding to the bonfire so I have retired.

I'm a good boy for the most part. I will however get involved if I feel someone is being unfairly put upon. That is the only time I have ever gotten into a serious flame war situation.

So how is everyone this fine evening?

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have pics of Timber to show Fen, but it'd be a very picture-heavy post (10 pics, it's a series), so I thought I'd ask first. Anyone against?

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
I have pics of Timber to show Fen, but it'd be a very picture-heavy post (10 pics, it's a series), so I thought I'd ask first. Anyone against?

If they are cute pictures, then No, I don't mind at all.

If they are very very uncute pictures, um, No, I don't mind at all, just don't get too mad if I make a few snickers.

Otherwise, no, I don't mind at all.

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
Oh, just in case. I am, against my better judgement, taking part in the Round Table discussion on "Are the Rules Beneficial". You know the "avoid adverbs" type rules.

You know, I started reading that thread... then stopped when the OP started getting argumentative and not reading the advice given.

Much luck there, Debio...

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
You know, I started reading that thread... then stopped when the OP started getting argumentative and not reading the advice given.

Much luck there, Debio...

Yeah, like I said earlier, I'm done. It wasn't worth my energy or sanity.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I got mine at 37, to celebrate sending my first novel off to a publisher. At least the tattoo worked out :)

I was going to go for a hot-air balloon ride to celebrate turning 40, but when my birthday arrived, I had two newborns at home. Maybe 45?

Hot air balloon rides are cool! Been on several. Best one was at dawn in Cappadocia Turkey.

Cool! Do you have a design in mind?

I have several I like. I'm going to get a local artist to design something for me, I think...

So subtle didnt work....

I BOUGHT A NEW CAR!!!!! I GOT 55.5 mpg on the way home!!!!! No more spending 300 a month on diesel!!!

Huzzzzzah!!!!!!!!

Yeah, like I said earlier, I'm done. It wasn't worth my energy or sanity.

Yeah, that thread isn't worth it. And I say that as someone who started out in BR&BC.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

I haz a tired. :e2yawn: Part of my wants to clean things but I just don't have the energy. Blah!

With the exception of watching the occasional mega-meltdown or catching up on one in TIO, I don't venture too far from the safe harbor of the Cantina.

Ditto.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
(Drive-by post) I have not had a haircut for 15 years. Stay tuned for anguished screams of regret...

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Not counting binning the whole thing, my record is cutting everything before the last scene and making the last scene the first scene. The character whose peril was the turning point into the final gallop towards the end now dies on the first page.

Nope started much to early on this one. Back to the drawing board.

I

Depends on whether you started too early or too late. I think I've gotten myself to the point where lop-n-chop doesn't hurt quite so much. Maybe. Okay I lied.

Too early, not sure if this makes me pleased or disgruntled.

Wait just a darn minute. You mean to say that it's possible to start a story in the right place the first time? I've been going about this all wrong.

lol sometimes I get it almost right. (like within about a day or whatever)

DRIVE-BY.

What up, cantina?

In a moment of shameless self-promotion, DBtM is up for a Reader's Choice Award on a book blog. If you enjoyed the story and are so inclined to click a button in support, kindly vote for it here. Right now it's tied with Stephan!e Meyer$ The H0st. Not sure how I feel about that.

Ick hated the HOST... stupid, spineless, passive character. Almost as bad as Trilight. Haven't read yours but I bet its 1000% better!

The Tattoo Story
Or, Why You Should Never Get A Tattoo In A Language You Don't Speak

Back in the late 90's I worked for this nasty little dot com outside of Boston. Having just recently graduated college, I still had at least some command of Japanese, and had been tasked with "translating" everyone's business cards into Japanese because we did a fair bit of business there. As a result, I had a lot of kanji up on the white board in my office with common elements like "manager", "director", "engineer", etc.

We were having some work done in the building at the time. One day one of the workmen came into my office to apologize for accidentally drilling through my office wall and noticed my white board.

Workman: "You speak Japanese?"
Me: "Some. Mostly I read it."
Workman: "Yeah?" [rolls up sleeve, shows me complex tattoo] "Can you read this?"

It wasn't a kanji I was familiar with, so I pulled out my Nelson (dictionary) and started looking it up. For those unfamiliar, you look up Japanese kanji by a combination of common elements and number of brush strokes it takes to draw a character. So I'm narrowing it down, and Workman guy starts getting impatient. Just as I'm nearly there -- on the right page, running my finger down looking for just the right one -- he says:

Workman: [proudly] "It means sex fiend!"

Just as he said that I found the character, and in fact it meant "pervert" and "child molester". He was looking over my shoulder as I found it.

He left my office a very, very dejected man.

Oh my goodness!

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
:eek:

Great story, though!

I think I'll stick to my plan to get a phoenix. Someday. (This year, since it's my outrageous thing to do when I'm 40.)

ohhhh that is a great idea. But I'd have to wait another 2.5 years. -_-

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Always happy to see family pictures of the furry children...
Me, too.

Oh, you were talking about dogs.

What kind of car is it?

It's one of those eco-friendly things that make you talk about wearing home-spun fibers and putting goat cheese on pizza, the crumbly kind mind you, just by driving them.

Now that my own drive by post is done,I'm taking my cold medicine and going back to bed. It is 1am.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Me, too.

Oh, you were talking about dogs.

It's one of those eco-friendly things that make you talk about wearing home-spun fibers and putting goat cheese on pizza, the crumbly kind mind you, just by driving them.

Now that my own drive by post is done,I'm taking my cold medicine and going back to bed. It is 1am.

10 Would love to see photos of your furbabies!

Debio- hey with gas prices, I don't mind talking about home-spun fibers and goat cheese. In fact, I made my own laundry soap this weekend.

I'm cheap I admit it, why I have a garden and a clothes line. Hopefully we can pick up a freezer, and we can start filling it up with wildlife. :D

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Shadow is a happy girl. She just got an order for something besides writing. -- a necklace. One of my other obsessions. and yes, I will get paid for it! WOOT!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got your hint. But I read it too late lol.

:D

Don't forget the fair trade certified goods ;)

And Shadow, its a Prius.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Random spit my coffee out moment. This desk:

nelson_desk_chairjpg.jpeg

Costs $1900.

Status
Not open for further replies.