Brief Hiccup in Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liralen

Miss Conceived
Registered
Reaction score
It's best as open-pit barbecue, or cooked on a spit.

Restina, tzatziki, olives, tomatoes, pita . . .

Almost midnight and now you've got me hungry.

No, make that RAVENOUS!

Some Mexican friends of mine invited me to an anniversary party. They'd barbecued a goat and it was delectable.

It would be a great way to celebrate the return of the .com ;)

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
The .com address still wasn't working this afternoon on my desktop system out in the sticks (Internet service by the century-old Ellijay Telephone Company), but this evening I was at the hackerspace in Atlanta with my netbook, and .com worked. It also now finally works on my desktop using high-speed rotary-dial DSL service. So it looks like Georgia (the one in the USA) is the world's back waters as far as DNS propagation is concerned.
I have delicate feelings, and so do the puir wee hamsters ;)
Those AW server hamsters are the cutest, they're even cuter than Haggis.

And Medievalist, you're no slouch either. ;)

Reziac

Resident Alien
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.offworldpress.com
We're actually affected more by the problems in Texas and Oklahoma. One of the major hosting complexes/server farms in Texas is completely offline. It's the hub for about a third of the U.S. traffic.

Oh, that probably explains why the net has been generally cranky-slow for a couple days. Second such spasm I've noticed this month.

I didn't have any problem here, other than some slow connects; did find myself mysteriously logged out a couple times, which I see now was probably a link going to the .net mirror (not expecting anything Bad here so I generally don't inspect the local URLs that closely!)

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I posted in another thread that McAfee is suddenly posting warnings on my computer that AW is a dangerous site. Could it have anything to do with changing DNS?

Muse, who is a computer dunce.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I posted in another thread that McAfee is suddenly posting warnings on my computer that AW is a dangerous site. Could it have anything to do with changing DNS?

Muse, who is a computer dunce.

I suspect it has to do with a sig line spammer. I banned and deleted all his posts this morning.

It is possible for a member to link to a malware site without even knowing, so I very much appreciate all such warnings being reported to me.

We take it very seriously.

I have in fact just scanned the server again; it's clean.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I suspect it has to do with a sig line spammer. I banned and deleted all his posts this morning.

It is possible for a member to link to a malware site without even knowing, so I very much appreciate all such warnings being reported to me.

We take it very seriously.

I have in fact just scanned the server again; it's clean.

Thanks for answering (and not agreeing I'm a total dunce.:D) Glad to know AW runs such a tight ship.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for answering (and not agreeing I'm a total dunce.:D) Glad to know AW runs such a tight ship.

I live in a constant state of neurotic paranoia about malware.

It's neurotic because we've never had any malware on our server, though I have had to nuke images that were payload-bearing, or images or links to malware infected sites.

Never hesitate to PM me or MacAllister if you have any concerns.

dchisholm125

can jump higher than you
Registered
Reaction score
i thought i was on it so much i got blocked at work! Good to know it wasn't my fault. mwahahaha, take that work!

Status
Not open for further replies.