The Walking Dead - AMC

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I realized he'd eaten Lori, especially when I saw her hair hanging from his mouth (gross!), but I don't see how it could have eaten her entire body, bones and clothes and all. Also, why would the bullet be left behind? The zombie spit it back out?

I think that whole scene failed because the writers/directors tried to be too clever. They seem to be throwing in gore just for gore's sake this season.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
I think that whole scene failed because the writers/directors tried to be too clever. They seem to be throwing in gore just for gore's sake this season.

The scene would have worked much better if they had shown the ruins of Lori's body - the camera could have stayed on the head and shoulders, which would have had gore a-plenty - and the walker hunkered over her, doing its thang.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I agree. Or even if they had the bloated walker laying against the wall, digesting his meal... but with bits of Lori left behind.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
I agree. Or even if they had the bloated walker laying against the wall, digesting his meal... but with bits of Lori left behind.

Well, technically, that's what we got.;) Bloated walker against the wall, digesting Lori, bits of Lori's brain and skull all over the floor. Which actually disturbed me more than the bloated walker with the hair hanging out of his mouth.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
At the very least, since it was Lori, they could have at least shown the walker with a severe case of indigestion. Knowing her, she would have given him a major case of agita!!

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I think I would have been more satisfied had they simply shown more than one walker-belly. It's a little unbelievable that just one walker could eat all of Lori, but two or three? Now we're talking.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I think I would have been more satisfied had they simply shown more than one walker-belly. It's a little unbelievable that just one walker could eat all of Lori, but two or three? Now we're talking.

Well yeah. I mean, seems to me almost fitting to have say 2 walkers, maybe ones who used to be best friends and partners, sharing Lori. Maybe even fighting over the leftovers.

Oh no, did I go too far?

Aurelee

Registered
Reaction score
My first thoughts were, where are the bones? That scene annoyed me, but from seeing how Rick started to cut him open, I can understand why they didn't leave any pieces of her behind.
Wouldn't really have been healthy for the others to see him dragging a half eaten Lori down to the graves. And sure he was bloated, but he just ate an entire person... Where'd he store the rest or did he digest her in a matter of a few minutes?

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, technically, that's what we got.;) Bloated walker against the wall, digesting Lori, bits of Lori's brain and skull all over the floor. Which actually disturbed me more than the bloated walker with the hair hanging out of his mouth.

I guess I just didn't think there were enough bits left behind to be realistic.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I guess I just didn't think there were enough bits left behind to be realistic.

I agree. Plus we've never seen another walker eat a whole human--bones, head, and all. And we've seen a lot of walkers eating.

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
I actually assumed the walker who ate Lori wasn't alone in eating her. There seemed to be a fair few wandering about while Rick was on his Roaring Rampage of Revenge - I assumed they'd had a punt at her as well, it just happened that the fattycakes Walker got the lion's share. *shrug* I could be wrong, but it makes more sense to me than one Walker eating the entirety of a woman's body, skull and all. Unless he's part anaconda...

I don't think Carol's dead. I assume they buried her headscarf. Actually, I thought Glen made them dig her a full grave out of spite - he clearly wasn't happy with their presence. If it'd been him doing it, I guess he'd have dug something a little more shallow. Anyway, judging by Daryl at the end there, I have a feeling he's going to go out looking for Carol like he did with Sophia.

Speaking of Daryl, my ovaries completely exploded when he took the baby and got all Uncle Redneck. My god, I had no idea a hot guy with a baby could have that sort of effect. *fans self*

I thought the Governor's list of names might have been a list of people he knew who got turned into walkers? Hence his daughter's name at the bottom. I was more bemused by the squiggly lines, myself. I think Michonne was too.

Looks like Andrea really is the patron saint of idiocy....*sigh*

akaria

Registered
Reaction score
I hate that they've done this to Andrea's character. It looked like she was really going somewhere last season. The showdown with her and Lori over chores was great.

Fast forward eight months and she's making googly eyes at yet another guy with stability issues. Talk about a broken picker.

Off Topic: The Mist was on the other day. I didn't realize so many WD folk had worked with Darabont before!

Last edited:

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, Andrea needs to wake the heck up. Good grief. I want to see the Andrea I saw fleeing the farm last season, chopping walkers left and right. Holy cow. She busted some heads!!

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think you guys are too hard on Andrea. She doesn't know about the zombie daughter, or the creepy heads, or any of that. The town seems like a safe, semi-normal place. And outside the walls, she had a horrible existence. She witnessed several greusome deaths, including her sister's. She nearly died herself, multiple times.

I don't know. I guess I just know that I would stay. Running water? Clean clothes? Clean sheets? A pillow? Food? People? Yep, I'd stay. Until I had evidence of human sacrifices or something. And even then... I don't know. I don't think I'd do well in a zombie apocalypse.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Off Topic: The Mist was on the other day. I didn't realize so many WD folk had worked with Darabont before!

I watched that movie, too. Andrea, Dale and Carol were in it.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
I hated the phone thing. I was really hoping that they would skip that part of the comics. At least in the comics, the existence of the phone made sense, though, since it didn't happen until after they'd escaped the prison and landed in that subdivision. Here it's just silly. Sillier, anyway.
I'm not clear on this -- are you objecting to a telephone existing in the story? Prisons have phones.

Now, I wasn't too happy with Rick's phone experience in the comic. I'm not a shrink, but I don't know if someone experiencing that kind of break with reality can still make any kind of rational decision.

And, agreed, Michonne has some real communication problems. Use your words! You can only say so much with a flat glare.

Last edited:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, good episode! We found out that Carol is still alive!

I bet Rick will name the baby Lori.

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
I think you guys are too hard on Andrea. She doesn't know about the zombie daughter, or the creepy heads, or any of that. The town seems like a safe, semi-normal place. And outside the walls, she had a horrible existence. She witnessed several greusome deaths, including her sister's. She nearly died herself, multiple times.

I don't know. I guess I just know that I would stay. Running water? Clean clothes? Clean sheets? A pillow? Food? People? Yep, I'd stay. Until I had evidence of human sacrifices or something. And even then... I don't know. I don't think I'd do well in a zombie apocalypse.

I'd go so far as to say the Gov's doing better than Rick and his band. They've done pretty well nothing but make bad decisions from the get-go while G-man's managed to scrape togther a community and provide safety for his people, including some that wouldn't survive a minute outside of the compound.

I suspect even if/when the ugly underbelly comes out a lot of people will not want to leave - better the devil you know rather than stagger around in a walker-filled world.

jmo

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
A bitergram. :roll: Okay, it might just be me, but I found that pretty funny.

And I know that Rick had a mental breakdown and I'm glad that he finally got it together enough to look at and hold the baby, but I think I'd be nervous letting him take hold of the baby...yanno, since he's like nuts and all. :scared: I was kind of hoping that he would hug Carl or something, for crying out loud, Carl lost (had to shoot his mom in the head) his mother and sort of lost his dad and has been to hell and back. I think the kid deserves a hug and some attention.

I was hoping that Michonne would take the basket to the prison and tell them what happened, so I'm glad that that was the case. Not sure what they're going to think of her, though, good thing she came bearing gifts (formula).

Not sure if I buy that whole dead smell covering up the fact that she's alive. I mean the body gives off heat and sweat, something a walker doesn't have and they should be able to sense it up close.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Not sure if I buy that whole dead smell covering up the fact that she's alive. I mean the body gives off heat and sweat, something a walker doesn't have and they should be able to sense it up close.

Walkers shouldn't have senses better than a living human, so they shouldn't be able to sense the heat of one unless they came into contact. And have you ever smelled a dead body? They stink really bad. So if you had a rotting corpse spill his guts all over you, it would cover up your BO pretty well.

My daughter thought at first that the person on the phone would be someone from Woodbury and that's how they'd all meet. But then we realized it was Lori. (Which I figured.)

I noticed that Daryl once again stepped up to talk with Carl. Good thing somebody did. Does this guy have to do everything? I guess he figured that when he opened that door, he'd find Carol, just Walker Carol.

So now Michone will tell them about Maggie & Glen, and they'll have to go save them. They'll succeed, but then the Governor will find them and drive them out of the prison. Maybe in that attack, Daryl will get killed and Meryle will kill him? Does anyone think Maggie will suffer the way Michone did in the comic? Or Glen will be like Rick?

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Walkers shouldn't have senses better than a living human, so they shouldn't be able to sense the heat of one unless they came into contact. And have you ever smelled a dead body? They stink really bad. So if you had a rotting corpse spill his guts all over you, it would cover up your BO pretty well.

My daughter thought at first that the person on the phone would be someone from Woodbury and that's how they'd all meet. But then we realized it was Lori. (Which I figured.)

I noticed that Daryl once again stepped up to talk with Carl. Good thing somebody did. Does this guy have to do everything? I guess he figured that when he opened that door, he'd find Carol, just Walker Carol.

So now Michone will tell them about Maggie & Glen, and they'll have to go save them. They'll succeed, but then the Governor will find them and drive them out of the prison. Maybe in that attack, Daryl will get killed and Meryle will kill him? Does anyone think Maggie will suffer the way Michone did in the comic? Or Glen will be like Rick?

Okay, point taken, I've never smelled a rotting dead corpse's innards, and I'm sure it's massive stink (to put it lightly), but still she's injured and has been running etc. and she squeezed right in on the fence between two zombies. I just think they would be able to sense something. :Shrug:

No Daryl will not die. He will not. Ever. Bad Vince, bad!

lovelybone

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe in that attack, Daryl will get killed and Meryle will kill him? Does anyone think Maggie will suffer the way Michone did in the comic? Or Glen will be like Rick?

The way they're setting Daryl up to be such an awesome guy is scaring me. That would make one heck of a S3 finale. But it would also make me throw things at the TV because he's one of the few characters that I don't have issues with. But that's a perfect reason why they WILL get rid of him. Andrea, they'll probably keep forever.

And yes the thought about Maggie has crossed my mind. Especially the promo--the Governor walking into the room with her for "questioning".