The Walking Dead - AMC

akaria

Registered
Reaction score
Did anyone see the preview for Feb. show? Carl tells Rick that he shouldn't be leader anymore...so, Carl is going to overthrow him and take on that role? I'm not so sure Rick or Daryl will go for that, no matter how mature and sensible the boy has become. That is if Daryl lives. :/ But I think he will.

Whoa! I didn't see that! Maybe it's a nod to canon where Tyrese takes over leadership when Rick breaks down. IIRC, in canon Rick's "talking" on the phone played out a bit longer and crazier than they showed us. Of course, the books also have Tyrese hooking up with the group a lot earlier and serving as Rick's right hand. Seeing how the show treats black men, I'm not about to get my hopes up for Tyrese but it'd be nice.

Last edited:

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I dunno, T-Dog made it a long time. The other prison bloke was just some inmate dude. The other inmate (creepy pedophile man) will probably eat it soon, too.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I like that prison guy, he seems...I don't know...honest or at least open about what he thinks and does, the creepy pedophile guy, though, has to go. I don't trust him at all. Tyrese seems like a pretty strong character, to me, at least what I saw of him. Not sure he'll become leader of Rick's group, but I think he'll probably be around for a while.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
I like that prison guy, he seems...I don't know...honest or at least open about what he thinks and does
I think I've only heard the characters name once or twice before the most recent episode, where he is apparently left for dead.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
I think I've only heard the characters name once or twice before the most recent episode, where he is apparently left for dead.
That'd be Oscar, who sadly is no longer with us. Shot dead in Woodbury; then, if I recall, Maggie put one in his head as a courtesy. (Might have to rewatch the episode to be sure.)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, Oscar. I'd forgotten that he bit the big one in Woodbury. :/ That's a shame, I kind of liked him.

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
OKAY YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE IT LIKE THAT, IT'S NOT FAIR!

....seriously though, I have to wait til February to see what happens? Not cool, TWD, now my brain is going to wear out with all the speculation and "wouldn't-it-be-cool-if's". Like, will Michonne and Tyreese follow their comic book counterparts? Will Carol end up taking out Axel? (I can see it happening if he tries it on either her or Beth again; she's tougher than she looks.) Will Merle and Daryl escape, and will Merle end up on Rick's side? What will Andrea do now she knows the 'terrorists' are in fact her friends? And for the love of god, will someone please get Glen an ice pack?

thebloodfiend

Cory
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebooklantern.com
Just started EP1.

One thing -- damn, his wife moved on faster than Molly Ringwald jumped on Gary Sinise's dick in The Stand. He couldn't have been in the hospital more than two weeks without dying of starvation. Then again -- if he's stupid enough to drive straight into a city where all the cars are going out of, I don't blame her for finding a smarter guy.

ETA: Getting really tired of the stupid white racists. I wish someone would just kill them and get it over with. I don't give two fucks about either and I don't understand all the time devoted to them. They aren't good antagonists and they aren't good protagonists.

ETA2: I hate stupid characters. I hate pointlessly placed, racist, sexist characters with no depth -- if I wanted that, I could go back to Prison Break (bleh). And I hate shows where the women do shit nothing but let the men run around and shoot guns. I'm stopping with season 1. I don't understand the hype. The cinematics from Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare tell a more coherent, enjoyable story than this.

Last edited:

lovelybone

Registered
Reaction score
Just started EP1.

One thing -- damn, his wife moved on faster than Molly Ringwald jumped on Gary Sinise's dick in The Stand. He couldn't have been in the hospital more than two weeks without dying of starvation. Then again -- if he's stupid enough to drive straight into a city where all the cars are going out of, I don't blame her for finding a smarter guy.

ETA: Getting really tired of the stupid white racists. I wish someone would just kill them and get it over with. I don't give two fucks about either and I don't understand all the time devoted to them. They aren't good antagonists and they aren't good protagonists.

ETA2: I hate stupid characters. I hate pointlessly placed, racist, sexist characters with no depth -- if I wanted that, I could go back to Prison Break (bleh). And I hate shows where the women do shit nothing but let the men run around and shoot guns. I'm stopping with season 1. I don't understand the hype. The cinematics from Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare tell a more coherent, enjoyable story than this.

I mean this in the nicest way possible: Go away. ;)

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Non-spoiler spoilery type things...

I am SO freaking glad that the TV show doesn't follow the comic book series exactly. Oh MAN. Just read issue #100. Oh MAN. Just...ugh.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Uh oh!

AMC has caused an uproar in Hollywood after announcing that "The Walking Dead" will be renewed for a fourth season, but that Glen Mazzara, the showrunner and executive producer, would be leaving the series.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Very worried about this. Season 2 was such a wind-bag, expositional season. Season 3 finally showed us what The Walking Dead is capable of.

Now, this.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, whoever takes his place, please let them not subscribe to the 'There Shall be Only One (Black Man)' ethos. Honestly, one pops up, another dies. 3 pop up, 2 of them buy the farm. Just stupid.

But I'm not holding my breath as I could barely watch The Shield because of KS's resentment of black men. The only one he let be a good person and survive death or degradation was a closeted gay man. Couldn't let him be out and proud, oh, no!

It reminds me of geeky Quentin Tarantino's 'big scary black man gets raped' act-out in whatever film that was.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
I dunno, T-Dog made it a long time. The other prison bloke was just some inmate dude. The other inmate (creepy pedophile man) will probably eat it soon, too.
T-Dog made it a long time doing nothing except having a stupid nickname and being a target for racist attacks (rescued by a white man, of course, not able to defend himself) and saying 'Oh, hell, no,' on occasion. He had no story. The only impactful thing he did was drop the keys down the drain.

The other prison bloke got wiped more or less as soon as Tyreese arrived on the scene.

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
Well, whoever takes his place, please let them not subscribe to the 'There Shall be Only One (Black Man)' ethos. Honestly, one pops up, another dies. 3 pop up, 2 of them buy the farm. Just stupid.

I'm really hoping Tyreese gets to be the awesome, capable character T-Dog should have been. But then my hopes were similarly high for Oscar, and we all saw how that went down...

(Since we've got Michonne and now Sasha, I wonder what TWD's policy on having two black women in the same place will be?)

thebloodfiend

Cory
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebooklantern.com
Don't get your hopes up. Atlanta is 60% black. If we're actually having the singular black male/female discussion, you know they've already fucked up and aren't looking to fix it.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
So I just got an offer to write a for a Facebook Blog for fans of the Walking Dead. It's got over 11k followers. It's not a paid gig, but it'll get my name out there for when my book come out. Articles are to be fun and WD related, but other than that, sky is the limit. (Well, with a 400-600 word count limit as well) Any thoughts?

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Here's a question. What are some of the dumbest things the characters have done on the show? Like the time they lowered Glen into the well to try and get the walker out. I'm trying to create a top ten list.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Here's a question. What are some of the dumbest things the characters have done on the show? Like the time they lowered Glen into the well to try and get the walker out. I'm trying to create a top ten list.

Ooh.

1. Spent half a season looking for Sophia.

2. Rick going along and capturing walkers to add them to the barn?

3. Rick and Shane letting Carl walk right up to a buck to touch its side.

4. Almost everything Andrea has done since Dale convinced her not to commit suicide in the bunker in season 1.

5. Almost everything Lori has done since she discovered that she was pregnant.