TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Ted, that's so cruel. To tease them like that. :tongue

Moi? Mean and cruel?

I once had a dog with a temper and a sense of humor. If I made him mad, he'd get even. He was my buddy and I really miss him.

I can't have dogs in my apartment now. It feels like I'm sliding down a hill sometimes.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Moi? Mean and cruel?

I once had a dog with a temper and a sense of humor. If I made him mad, he'd get even. He was my buddy and I really miss him.

I can't have dogs in my apartment now. It feels like I'm sliding down a hill sometimes.
A dog with a temper sounds....bad. Just sayin.

Why are you sliding down a hill?

And is it a hill of blackberry bushes? Because I did that once. :eek:

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
A dog with a temper sounds....bad. Just sayin.

:eek:

He was hilarious. Every time we left, he'd pile our shoes on the bed. One time, I had forgotten something and went back less than 3 minutes after leaving. He had just about all of them on the bed. I figured he must have sprinted non-stop the whole time.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:( ah, I missed Soapy.

No wonder I feel like home in here, I'm amongst a bunch of cow lovers. I love cows too.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
So, I spent a very hot 2-1/2 hours this morning (it was 102 by 12:30) car shopping. Thus far, I have been pre-approved by Hyundai, BuickGMC, Nissan, DriveTime, Easy Credit Auto, and CarMax for a new car (well, new used car, at least). Unfortunately, none of them can sell me a car until I settle affairs with California and Oklahoma DMVs which will cost about $3k. However, a new car could be my present to myself by my birthday in October (it would be a hoot to drive into a dealership on October 10th with my old car and drive away with a new car).
I don't see what's wrong with a horse and cart.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Zahra, I might as well be driving a horse & cart now. My A/C is all 4 windows down on a 111-degree day (yes, it got that hot here yesterday). My horse & cart goes faster, but it doesn't use hay as fuel (and have you checked the price of hay recently? It's almost as expensive as gasoline).

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I feel your misery, Greg.

My car a/c is two front windows down, two kid-windows in the back down as far as they'll go - which would be halfway - in a black Tahoe with vents that don't blow any air at all.

Granted, my hubs car has a/c - nice and chilly a/c - but the gears in the motor that adjust the seat have been stripped and I can't reach the gas or the brake with the seat where it is. So, technically, I could sit in the car with the a/c on, but not actually go anywhere.

This summer has been unbelievable.

TedTheewen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Laurie, I feel your pain. I used to have a pick-up in which the driver's side windows wouldn't roll down. And no a/c but the vent blew plenty of hot air.

Now I just struggle with keeping folks from lighting cigarettes next to my car so we don't all blow up from fumes.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
I feel your misery, Greg.

My car a/c is two front windows down, two kid-windows in the back down as far as they'll go - which would be halfway - in a black Tahoe with vents that don't blow any air at all.

Granted, my hubs car has a/c - nice and chilly a/c - but the gears in the motor that adjust the seat have been stripped and I can't reach the gas or the brake with the seat where it is. So, technically, I could sit in the car with the a/c on, but not actually go anywhere.

This summer has been unbelievable.

We've only just started to have a summer here in London - and it rained today. I feel your hot, sweaty pain, though. I just wish y'all could cream off about 10 degrees of sunshine and send it to us.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Z, I'll send you 20 degrees. You can share it with others if you like.

That'll bring us down to about 87 degrees - my thermometer says it's around 107 outside right now, though that's not in the sun.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I'm fed up of the rain.

Don't complain about it being sunny - you're making me jealous...

We haven't had enough rain to make a difference in ages. My yard is an interesting shade of orange-brown and crunches when you step on it.

On an up note, I haven't mowed the entire yard since the last week of June.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I'm fed up of the rain.

Don't complain about it being sunny - you're making me jealous...

I'll swap your rain for our drought. All week temps in the 100's, though, I don't think it's suppose to reach the temps Laurie is having. But I may melt into a puddle just the same. No house or car a/c. My bedroom has a small unit but it's on it's last leg and can't battle the heat. :/

On the upside, though, it does manage to keep the room cool at night. :)

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
My yard is an interesting shade of orange-brown and crunches when you step on it.

It's not pinin'! It's passed on! This lawn is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its' maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, It rests in peace! It's kicked the bucket, shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-YARD!!

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
It's only about 85 here today so not 'too' bad. We're anticipating a quick, hard thunderstorm tonight with hail and high winds but it'll only go down for about 40 minutes from what they're saying.

I miss long rainy days. There's something so poetic about rain.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
It's not pinin'! It's passed on! This lawn is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its' maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, It rests in peace! It's kicked the bucket, shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-YARD!!

Now that's a bit harsh... :roll:

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Rain isn't so much fun when you are soaked to the bone by the time you get to the end of the street. And when it is so cold that everything chafes. Everything. :(

Things wouldn't chafe if you owned wellies, a rain coat and an umbrella! You're British, you should prepare for the apoclypse!

Status
Not open for further replies.