christian rock/pop

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
am I the only one who likes it here? I like almost ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL*gassp, pant pant, deep breath*LLLLLLLL types of music. but my mom used to force me to go to church every sunday in my nicest clothes, and one of the first CDs I ever got was a christian pop 'greatest hits' CD. I tend to listen to a lot of christian pop and rock bands because of it. but i don't see much in terms of other people talking about it.

Osulagh

Independent fluffy puppy.
Registered
Reaction score
Dunno why it's not talked about here; people do like the genres. Though this section is rather slow.

As for me... I'm a fan of good music. Good song writing, good instrumentation. I'm not saying all modern Christian music lacks this, but the greater majority that I've checked out does not fit to my tastes. However, there's are singers I just can't not love like Dustin Kensrue and Josh White--one of my favorite albums of last year, Absolution.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
It's good in Mass. We have a really talented cantor at my school whose rendition of Oceans keeps the entire student body riveted. Too bad she graduates this year!

Ladyxkaa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
you might wanna try kerri roberts, or francesca basttistelli, or the band Royal Tailor. shawn mcdonald has a lovely voice, with encouraging music as well x3 I listen to this station called air1 that plays a lot of these guys. OH. britt nicole kicks butt too x3 I'm not entirely religious. I kinda rebelled due to being forced there every sunday no matter how bad I felt, but the music is positive, encouraging, gentle. when I have a really rough day, or am just TIRED of the 'booty booty booty rockin everywhere'(which is a REAL LYRIC IN A FREAKING SONG O.e) type of music, I retreat to the music like that, or the older style country.

Ladyxkaa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
thank you! =D my mom used to be in a school choir, and when I went to church I was in the youth choir for a bit, but i was so shy about it I made sure no one could hear my voice over the other kids.