Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm, formatting... I've started emailing submissions to myself before sending them to the publishers, just to make sure it looks the way I want it to. Well, for the ones that ask for it in the body of the email anyway.
That's a good idea, Rhoda.

And on Ralan...I haven't ever gotten the hang of navigating there. And I always found that their listings were pretty much covered by Duotrope anyway. Maybe it's changed/gotten easier. :Shrug:

Another one I use is Dark Markets. Specifically horror. I get their newsletter and sometimes I'm not especially happy with the listings they "discover" (because I know the listed market's editor's reps etc.) but every once in awhile they break something new before I catch it on Duotrope. That's where I heard about the Deep Cuts antho.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
*barges through the thread, screams like crazy, spreads shard-laced sparkles everywhere and leaves again because it's way late and she needs her beauty sleep*

(Gawds, I've missed you crazy guys. :heart: )

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of which, I just got my first R on "The Yellow Season." On to the next one!

:Hug2:

*barges through the thread, screams like crazy, spreads shard-laced sparkles everywhere and leaves again because it's way late and she needs her beauty sleep*

(Gawds, I've missed you crazy guys. :heart: )

*tackles hugs empty spot where Sara was*

SARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good to see you!

Good news, my SIL said that he found the yard. Two hours of mowing and six bottles of water later he discovered grass. :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Aw man, wish he had found a truck! Or another house would've been cool.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I...

Packed as much as I could into this weekend - weedeating fencelines/ditches and around the house and around/under things in the backyard, killing a grass snake in the process, applied four layers of polyurethane to the worn, high traffic spots on the hardwood in the living room, took three teenagers and my hubs and my son to pizza, then added a fourth teenager and took them all to ParaNorman for my daughter's b-day, taught a friend the feeding and watering rituals of our two older dogs and the guinea pigs (he and his son will be pet sitting while we're at the engine competition.

I'm exhausted.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
And the grass snake was all I found when weed eating and mowing this weekend...

And the numerous holes excavated into the backyard landscape by a certain pair of furbabies...

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
wow, you did have a busy weekend! Um...what's an engine competition? All I can picture is a lot of car revving up in an arena of some sort. :Shrug:

oh wow, a better question! What is a furbaby? :O

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I...

Packed as much as I could into this weekend - weedeating fencelines/ditches and around the house and around/under things in the backyard, killing a grass snake in the process, applied four layers of polyurethane to the worn, high traffic spots on the hardwood in the living room, took three teenagers and my hubs and my son to pizza, then added a fourth teenager and took them all to ParaNorman for my daughter's b-day, taught a friend the feeding and watering rituals of our two older dogs and the guinea pigs (he and his son will be pet sitting while we're at the engine competition.

I'm exhausted.
Holy moly, Laurie!

How was ParaNorman? Kiddos have been begging to see it.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
wow, you did have a busy weekend! Um...what's an engine competition? All I can picture is a lot of car revving up in an arena of some sort. :Shrug:

oh wow, a better question! What is a furbaby? :O

That's pretty much it, NF. The competition is sponsored by Popluar Hot Rodding magazine. A pic of Hub's team from last year is featured in the November 2012 issue (hubs isn't named but is in the pic - he joined the team at the last minute last year.) The magazine has a well written article about them and the competition. I know Barnes & Noble has it now...

Furbaby - animal one loves/cares for/tends to like they would a child. In this case, the puppy and my middle dog.

;)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I saw The Cabin tonight. Um...yeah...I still have this, wtf was that feeling. :Shrug:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
That's pretty much it, NF. The competition is sponsored by Popluar Hot Rodding magazine. A pic of Hub's team from last year is featured in the November 2012 issue (hubs isn't named but is in the pic - he joined the team at the last minute last year.) The magazine has a well written article about them and the competition. I know Barnes & Noble has it now...

Furbaby - animal one loves/cares for/tends to like they would a child. In this case, the puppy and my middle dog.

;)

:D oh, that furbaby. lol

Sounds very cool! Well, I wish him and his team the best. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.