Bragging Rights: Let us congratulate you! (Please excuse the brag.)

espressojo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deekercomm.com
I know I'm new here and all, so I hope you forgive me if this isn't the right place for this. (I did try to search.)

Hubby's gone and my family wasn't at home tonight when I called, and I really want to tell someone who can be (or at least act) happy for me:
I got my first check for a magazine article today! :D

It's not going to put the kids through college or anything (by itself), but it's still exciting. I've always wanted to write for magazines. And, as excited as I am by the money, I'm even more excited about the prospect of seeing my article in something that didn't come from my inkjet printer.

Fresie

She Who Runs The Waves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
galaktio-nova.blogspot.com
Congratulations, espressojo! I remember the feeling, too! Thanks for posting it, you've definitely made me feel good.

First of many, absolutely. Keep it coming!

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
That wasn't bragging and there's nothing to forgive.

Congratulations! You deserve it. :)

Rock on with your bad self.

writin52

Registered
Reaction score
I know I'm new here and all, so I hope you forgive me if this isn't the right place for this. (I did try to search.)

Hubby's gone and my family wasn't at home tonight when I called, and I really want to tell someone who can be (or at least act) happy for me:
I got my first check for a magazine article today! :D

It's not going to put the kids through college or anything (by itself), but it's still exciting. I've always wanted to write for magazines. And, as excited as I am by the money, I'm even more excited about the prospect of seeing my article in something that didn't come from my inkjet printer.
No need for apologies, be proud, brag until someone listens:), like us! :snoopy::snoopy: 2 snoop happy dance for your accomplishment, way to go!

Nancy

Masquerading as normal...
Registered
Reaction score
You are entitled to blow your own horn!

Enjoy - there's nothing like the feeling of that first check! :hooray:

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
Espressojo,

A huge congrats on your first freelance paycheck. It was only a few years back when I received mine, and I can't begin to describe the joy it brought me.

Hope this is the first of many more to come!

Autodidact

...in my Maidenform Bra.
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, this is the place to post, so we can share in your joy. Way to go. You bet I'll be posting when I lose my $ virginity.

In fact, now that I think of it, I wouldn't mind an entire thread just for bragging. Actually could be encouraging.

CatMuse33

Just hitting send
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allcotmedia.com
:) Congrats Jo!! That is an awesome feeling!! :) When will the article be out? Be sure to "brag" again then so we can all look for it.

Auto, YES, we need an "accomplishments" thread here... there is one in the main board, but not for freelancers. (to my knowledge).

NeverEndingStory

Registered
Reaction score
Woo-hoo! Way to go, espressojo! I remember that feeling well. I was so thrilled by the sight of my first check that I made a color photocopy of it and tucked it away in a memories box. You're on your way.
:snoopy::Clap:

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Big congrats! That's a tough thing to do.

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, the smell of your first paycheck! I still get a thrill when I get paid, after all these years. You know what will be just as sweet? Seeing that article in the magazine when it comes out. Congratulations!!!

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Way to go, Jo!

And since no-one else has said it, welcome to the boards!

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
:hooray:

Here's what you do: make a good, clear copy of the check. Keep out a dollar when you cash it and then frame the copy of the check with the dollar. Hang by desk. Enjoy. :D

Congratulations and welcome! :)