Lots a thin’s novel covers

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Ooh! "All For Socks" IS a great title! Count me in on another person who loves it.

I know that you wanted to name it the name of the place because of the series, but you could do something like:

All For Socks
- a Lotsa Thins story -

JournoWriter

Just the facts, please
Registered
Reaction score
All For Socks, with a sequel titled And Socks For All, would get my attention.

I get your attachment to Lotsa Thins, but it doesn't mean anything to a reader; it sounds like a brand of cracker to me.

Last edited:

vicker

Registered
Reaction score
All for socks
- a Lotsa Thins story - is a great idea. It solves all my headaches while keeping it attractive. I will post up more covers in a few hours. I have only two more to decide from, but they may need refinement.

Thank you everyone for the time!

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
I'm curious because I've not published my own novel. Is it normal to have a series title when releasing a single book?

vicker

Registered
Reaction score
I’m unsure if its normal. I am half way through writing the second at the moment and have an outline for two more. So I know I will be publishing more in the series.
Anyway here is (I think) pretty much a final design. Any thoughts you have just say I am happy to change anything if needed.

cove36_400.jpg

you can see a bigger image here http://www.thevicker.com/lotsathins/images/cove36_small.jpg

again thank you everyone for the help so far it has been invaluable

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I'm really liking it now! I might recommend making the title a little larger. Keep in mind most covers are seen as thumbnails now thanks to sites like Amazon etc. You want to make sure people know what the book is at a quick glance. But it's looking whimsical, age appropriate, and still has that soft lovely quality you are fond of :) .

vicker

Registered
Reaction score
Great thank you so much for all the help.

The title a little larger.

cove37b_400.jpg

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Maybe just "Sock Thief." Unimaginative but it gets the point across and that's the important thing. The subject is intriguing enough to arouse interest. Same with the illustration. A trapdoor with a sock being pulled thru, etc. Nice and simple and in line with the grade level you're targeting. Also lose the symbol. If potential readers are clueless it will be lost on them. Maybe use the symbol to set off the chapters within.

ps What you've done is very nicely laid out and formatted though. Kudos for that.

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
All for socks
- a Lotsa Thins story - is a great idea. It solves all my headaches while keeping it attractive. I will post up more covers in a few hours. I have only two more to decide from, but they may need refinement.

Thank you everyone for the time!

This! Much, much better and more intriguing. :)