What are you reading?

Dr.Gonzo

Wonderfully Irreverent
Registered
Reaction score
Kiss Me, Judas - Will Christopher Baer

Great so far. I've read half of it this afternoon. Can't put it down.

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach. Fantastic novel, I literally couldn't put it down over the weekend haha.

Next up: A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving. I've heard great things about this one, expectations are high!

archerjoe

Registered
Reaction score
We had a couple of Bill Bryson books at home and I read I'm a Stranger Here Myself over the weekend. Because it's based on columns he wrote for a UK magazine, there are lots of 3-5 page chapters filled with Bryson's witty observations.

Just finished the first essay in Pulphead, Essays by John Jeremiah Sullivan. There are several more to go but so far, so good.

Last edited:

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Reading Lily of the Nile by Stephanie Dray, about Cleopatra's daughter. And just started Stolen Summer by SA Meade (our own Firedrake).

adm

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished the Marriage Plot - I liked it once I got past the first part - it was a little too academic for me and made me glad I didn't go to an ivy league (not that I had the credentials to get into one) or major in english lit - ha ha!

adm

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach. Fantastic novel, I literally couldn't put it down over the weekend haha.

Next up: A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving. I've heard great things about this one, expectations are high!

I read a Prayer for Owen Meany when it came out in paperback. I still think of that book. I like older John Irving books.

archerjoe

Registered
Reaction score

I loaned A Prayer for Owen Meany to my neighbor and he took a sick day from work just to finish reading it. The hook was set pretty deep.

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
I read a Prayer for Owen Meany when it came out in paperback. I still think of that book. I like older John Irving books.

I read Garp over the summer and fell in love with it. I haven't read any of his work since though. I'm about 75 pages in, it's a little slow so far but there's 600-something pages left to go, so we've got time haha.

AllieKat

just a writer, unbranded
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewritinglifeforme.blogspot.com
The Forgotten Affairs of Youth, by Alexander McCall Smith

Isabel tries to help a young woman who's looking for her biological father...and eats some possibly poisonous mushrooms.

Esmeralda

Snowman...on the job
Registered
Reaction score
Just finishing Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. YA. Pretty darn good.

Malia

Registered
Reaction score
I listened to the second disc of Rick Riordan's YA novel, Throne of Fire several times in the past week because I keep forgetting where I left off. =/

And earlier this year, I read the first page of Crime and Punishment

Self! Please try to stay in the present moment and pay attention for once, D: