What are you reading?

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Dracula right now. So far, it is very intoxicating. I can't help but me mesmerized by the Count's story.

alexward1981

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lxword.com
I've just finished reading "The Hound of the Baskervilles" by Arthur Conan Doyle, I'm currently reading a non-fiction book about quantum theory at the moment but it's quite a thick book and all that maths is giving me a headache so I'm thinking I may finally start on a new book tonight. Not sure what yet though... *trots over to my bookshelf*

Marumae

Queen of Quixotica
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Rereading Harry Potter and the Sorcerers/Philosopher's Stone, it's been years since I picked up this series. I've been reading a lot lately but few things have really touched me in the past few years. I'm hoping Harry Potter will give me that old feeling again you know?

Sylvera

Squishy newbie
Registered
Reaction score
Got a Nook the other day, and loaded some stuff onto it. I've already finished one book (The Floating Islands, by Rachel Neumeier), and it was pretty good. I'm browsing this thread for stuff I might be interested in.

Right now I'm reading Furies of Calderon. I've heard a lot of good things about the Codex Alera series, and so far I'm really enjoying it. The writing is excellent, and the story is good so far. I'm not far enough in to totally know what's going on, but it's definitely caught my interest.

Macca

Registered
Reaction score
Just cracked open Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian. Been putting it off for a couple of years now, but if the rest of the book is as good as the first chapter, it may well be the classic many people I know have said it to be.

Last edited:

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished A Fraction Of The Whole by Steve Toltz. Amazing, amazing, amazing, book.

Next up: The Portrait Of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde. I've heard very good things, expectations are high.

quicklime

all out of fucks to give
Banned
Reaction score
Just finished A Fraction Of The Whole by Steve Toltz. Amazing, amazing, amazing, book.

Next up: The Portrait Of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde. I've heard very good things, expectations are high.

just bought that an Lolita this weekend, but they are in my queue

ResearchGuy

Resident Curmudgeon
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.umbachconsulting.com
Finished Erle Stanley Gardner's The Case of the Duplicate Daughter (a Perry Mason mystery, 1960 -- a real period piece, of course) yesterday, and then started in on a four-novel volume of Perry Mason novels (in a Canadian edition, with punctuation and spelling in accord). Those stories are artifacts of a time long past, but still very entertaining (and sometimes slightly jarring).

--Ken

angeluscado

Registered
Reaction score
Imzadi by Peter David. It's a Star Trek novel, light reading, very amusing. After I finish that, I'm going to go straight into the sequel, Imzadi II. Then probably Game of Thrones, which I have, or Hunger Games, which I want to get.