The Fangster Summer of Doom--now with more pancake! (Volume II)

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Girl, you know I am watching The Voice. THAT I can do without moving. And yes, Tony killed it. So did Chris. So did Erin. So did Jermaine. So did Katrina. This has been an amazing night of performances. This will be hard to pick.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Juliet!!!!!!!! Whoa!

So glad to hear Juliet say she was doing this for herself and that she deserved it. Yes, we want to make our families proud, but if you don't want it for your own reasons, it will never happen. It has to be YOUR dream.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
For me? Tony. Chris. Erin. Juliette. I just cannot vote against Ave Maria and I'm sorry. A gorgeous opera singer? What are the odds? Seriously!

But I want Tony to win. After Christina's condescending behavior throughout the whole process, I want him to grind her face in it.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tony was fantastic tonight. Really enjoyed him. I agree except I would put in Jermaine instead of Erin.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I forgot The Voice was on last night. Only caught the tail end of it. (I was watching Dancing With The Stars with my momma)

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One of the guys in my writing group that I'm ragingly, rampantly, and undeniably crushing out on (even though he cut his hair why do they always do that without asking ME first?!) actually offered me a hug today when he'd noticed I wasn't my usual self. I'm doing better but I'd be doing a helluva lot better if he'd changed jobs and got one that let him grow his hair out again annnnnnnnnd the happy's back!

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Benny, hon--take a deep breath and just relax. Seriously. The situation is under control.

And this is why I do NOT take time off. Won't be doing it again--until my next procedure on the 14th and the next surgery a few weeks after that. I can't stand not being right on top of things and this irked the devil out of me today.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Very cool! Oh how I wish--just this one time--that Texas and NY weren't on different planets, or at least all the way across the country.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I figure I'll fly up overnight, run the event, stay with Cherry, maybe do a couple of editor appointments for Celina the author. We'll come in with a buttload of promotional materials, and if I can finalize the deal with B&N corporate this is the kind of thing I want to do in areas of the country with a concentration of Musa authors. Like-oh, I don't know--Texas, perhaps. I have five or six authors in central Ohio, for example, that I can pull into a similar event in Columbus. You know me--I have NO problems doing the legwork to set all this up.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. JC, your name was ALREADY on my list.

We're nailing down the details now. This isn't going to be a couple of weeks from now. It'll be several months. Ideally, I want 5 or 6 authors to participate--to make it a real event--and this would be the prototype for future events in areas that have a concentration of Musa authors.