A December to Dismember--500 words/day, all genres welcome

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Around 800 words today. After the final NaNo sprint last week, I spent the weekend trying not to even think about words. Even formulating complete sentences for an email was a daunting challenge. This week seems to be better. I got to thinking today about what the next scene should be in the NaNo story and came home and started writing. My MC just got dropped into the middle of a winter forest and needs to find his way back to civilization. This should be fun (heh, heh, heh). :D

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Did 234 words today...getting better.

But now, I'm absolutely shattered. Been such a long week. Time for some TV and then bed me thinks.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Great wordage, everyone!

Well, it seems I get fewer words each day. On the positive side, I did finish a tough scene, which gave me tons of trouble. Only managed a whopping 128 words today. :Shrug:

At least the chapter is almost done, just have to write the last scene. :e2BIC:

ETA: Added another 415 tonight and wrapped up the chapter! :e2woo:

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I wrote...wait for it...17 words today.

There may be more later, but I had quite a full day, and I'm kind of wiped out. I'm also feeling a strong need to take a break and outline.

On the other hand...if I could break 100K by December 31...

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
*hugs* lizmonster. That's 17 words more than what you had.

Awesome work IAMWRITER, Ken, & Daddyo!

673 last night. Wasn't feeling the best, so I'm happy with that.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1,108 words yesterday and today and still no end in sight. This WIP has to finish soon, doesn't it?:Shrug:

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
1,108 words yesterday and today and still no end in sight. This WIP has to finish soon, doesn't it?:Shrug:

It will end when it ends. I had the same thing with my last book. Just when I thought I had my ending, the story wanted more, and add to the fact that my MC wasn't happy with it yet. You're characters will let you know when it's over. :D

I thought I had the end of the last chapter I was working on, but alas it wasn't the end. Kelli wasn't done yet, and I have to admit that she was right. So this morning I got back to it and added another 298 words, and NOW it's done. I also got a start on the next chapter and have a whopping 67 words on it. Just when I think I know where this story is going, Kelli changes direction on me, and I'm beginning to see that she is really the one writing this thing and not me. I'm just the one she is letting tell her story.

The WIP now stands at 23,175 words! (+ or - a few, depending on edits.)

ETA: Another 165 just now to bring me up to 530 for the day. Don't think I'll get any more today. Having a White Elephant gift exchange and pot luck in a few minutes here at the office. Lots of good food!

Last edited:

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
A scene is a scene, Lucie! That's good progress in my book (ha ha).

737 words is my count for today. Nowhere near what I'd hoped. But the weekend (and wine and curry) beckons...

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
1178. Slightly more respectable.

I've got a couple of scenes I need to finish, and then I want to step back and do some outlining. Now that I've got 75,000 @#$%!! words, I'm starting to see how this thing really ought to be shaped.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
No words but I did do a lot of replotting last night. Figured the problem with the MS was that I keep trying to just tweak the same thing, so I looked at the bigger picture and realised it needed a few really big changes too. Like for starters, my MC isn't in charge, he's an underling. That's one of the reasons he wasn't working in the book, needed someone above him to irritate him. And for the first time I think I'm getting the feel I wanted for the story! (or this part of it at least). So fingers crossed, since I always think I'm nearly there then discover no, I'm not, I might actually be getting somewhere...

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
Having a private little write-in by myself for 4 days, getting started on my new WIP. I have monday and tuesday off and spending it all writing. No class, no work, just writing and food :D Hoping to get some wordage, then to continue during Christmas vacation.

Hope everyone has a nice writing weekend!

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
AWesome wordage, LizMonster!

Zelenka, plotting is good, and I'm sure you'll figure it out.

MsDashwood, that sounds great. Wish I could have myself a private write-in for four days!

Got a whopping 473 this morning and it's coming along, though the story keeps taking unexpected twist, and I'm not sure where it's going. Hope to get more later.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
MsDashwood - You're so lucky! I wish I could do that.

Ken - Awesome! Unexpected twists are fun. ;)

Zelenka - Plotting is good. I need to do some of that.

1,134 words yesterday.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great wordage and plotting everyone. :hooray:

Enjoy your days off, MsDashwood.

I have no words to report today, but I intend to switch off my internet in a while and threaten my characters until they talk to me.:e2chain:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Great work, everybody! Zelenka, replotting is just as important as new words sometimes, I think. You can't move forward if you've written yourself into a corner. Ken, I love it when my story takes off with me - sometimes those end up being my favorite parts! MsDashwood - enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. I too am planning to take Christmas week to write, although my plans may end up being derailed. Bravo on the words, Saoirse!

muse, more than one mystery story has been helped by a good chain saw. :D

I managed 1192 words today. The plan is to finish the chapters I have that are still in flight (there are about 3 of them), and then take a break to outline. My Christmas week plan is to do some edits on the first book. I have had some invaluable feedback that included some ideas I am dying to try out. I'm glad the WIP is going as well as it is...but it's nice to find myself wanting to get engaged with the beta again as well.

Onward, writing crew! :e2writer::whip:

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
I think I got around about 500, maybe even more, but I don't know exactly as I decided to hand write last night. Happy with what I got done though.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Well, my plan was to spend much of today writing, but somehow it didn't happen. Other Life stuff kept getting in the way, and I only managed to amend one chapter.

Still, I guess that's one chapter less on the 'still to edit' side of the WIP.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Awesome, those of you who wrote! Saoirse, I'm so glad your migraine gave you a break.

I am with the "no words yesterday" crowd. Took my daughter to "The Nutcracker" in the city - long drive, late night.