Oneiric October - 500 words a day, all genres welcome!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Liz - Most definitely! Unfortunately, I can't do Nano due to revising my WIP (T-2 months till the deadline) but I'll be cheering you and anyone else on!

Wonder, so happy to hear you're writing again!

cmhbob - Glad you were able to solve your problem!

Zelenka - Hugs. Pain is no fun. :(

Ken - Awesome about your contact!

1,251 last night, first time writing in 3 days. I want to finish this book so badly, but I'm moving too slow. /whinge

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Fabulous word counts, everyone! Zelenka, it's always such a pleasure to like what you're writing, isn't it?

I managed about 300 last night, and about 1600 tonight, for a total of 1909 the last few days. Fumbling through. I have some macro-events, and I'm shoving my characters through them, seeing who is bouncing of who. That seems to be how I plot most of the time. It is wildly inefficient.

Go, Team October! :e2cheer:

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
A big 0 for me today. I've been distracted worrying about getting a job or my unemployment these past several days. Well, I just got good news, finally. I went on the unemployment site, just to see if they had made a decision yet and saw that they are depositing $$$ into my checking account today. :snoopy: Now maybe I can concentrate on writing!

Awesome WC, Zelenka!

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Only a measly 99 words on a revision of The Riverwalk Murders, but it does put me over 10K. :D

I hate when that happens, Wonder. I've had scenes like that and just make you yawn.

Well, if 659 is you having trouble getting into "it", Liz, then I must be in a coma.

Good luck and good writing.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Late shift at work yesterday and today so 0 words for me. Apart from an MRI in the afternoon though I'm off tomorrow so hoping to make up for it.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
755 today. I hope the MRI went OK, Zelenka, and that you got lots of lovely writing time in.

Ken, word counts are a bit of a cheat for me. I write a LOT of words, but a very large percentage of them get chucked out. My "finished" MS, now a hair under 130K, was over 170K at one point. Producing words is often a way for me to rummage around and figure out what happens next. My first drafts aren't nearly as clean as yours are.

I love NaNoWriMo because I always win, but goodness, most of what I produce in November is chaff.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
It's still October. Good. I wrote a few lines last night and crossed them all out because they were crap. No doubt about it. Now that that's out of the way, I'm hoping for better.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Bob and Liz, GREAT counts. Zelenka and Namatu and Ken, hope it picks up. Zelenka, I will be thinking of you. Hope the MRI turns out as well as possible. (I hate them myself.) Good luck!

Oh btw, 310 for me. And last night I went to my critique group, got some great feedback. Priceless like y'all.

Last edited:

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Good to see you at it again, Lucie.

Only added 118 to Mercenary Road today. Not sure how to proceed, still not a lot of info on actual battles/raids during this time frame. It would also help to know more about the terrain they were fighting on.

Good luck and good writing.

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Love, love, love seeing progress here!

I've not been posting much here as I've been plodding along with the outline for my NaNo WIP...hitting a few minor roadblocks though but luckily I think they can be easily sorted! Yay progress!

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
Just a shade over 2000 yesterday! I outlined 15 chapters for this book, but I'm in 14, and nowhere close to the end. I bet I'll come in around 20.

Probably not much today. Errands, then date night with one of my kids. Soccer this weekend, too.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Wow, you guys are screaming along! Words, edits, and outlines - all awesome.

1,546 tonight. I have decided that for the first draft it doesn't matter as much in what order it comes out, as long as it all comes out eventually. :)

And I'm revising my "official" word count for the WIP. I may still be able to use some of the later pieces, but for now I'm writing from this point forward. So the word count gets chopped in half, but I feel more confident of those words.