Another PA-Related Lawsuit

EmpoweredOKC

Registered
Reaction score
Much of the information regarding any company, tax liens, and a company's standing is public record, if one knows where to look.

Regarding America House:

Principal Office (Current):208 CRESTVIEW COURTFREDERICK, MD 21702Resident Agent (Current):VICTOR CRETELLA230 E. PATRICK ST.FREDERICK, MD 21701Status:MERGEDGood Standing:NoBusiness Code:Ordinary Business - StockDate of Formation or Registration:12/28/2009 State of Formation:MDStock/Nonstock:StockClose/Not Close:

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]"Not in Good Standing" [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]means the entity has not filed the current year’s Annual Report/Personal Property Return or it owes a late filing penalty." [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Wait, Google Maps shows that to be houses in a cul-de-sac, not offices. Is PA just run out of someone's garage?

CatSlave

Mah tale iz draggin.
Registered
Reaction score
@Empowered:
208 Crestwood is a home in a residential section which is owned by Willem Meiners.
It -appears- to be vacant at the moment, since Willem and Alice have moved to either South or North Carolina.

The current PA office is in a warehouse district south of Frederick at 4310 Metropolitan Court.

Their former office was at 230 East Patrick,
which is a small row house zoned residential/commercial on the main business street in Frederick.
There -appears- to be a tenant in the building now due to the mailbox on the front door.

PA then moved two blocks away, to
111-113 East Church St. in downtown Frederick. It is a very large, lavish four-level townhouse that is currently leased to another business.

The printing press was formerly at a warehouse district on South Wisner St., a few blocks from downtown Frederick.
I assume they are now doing their printing out of the Metropolitan Court address, if they are not farming it out to another company.

See? Simple.

Don Davidson

Theophilus
Registered
Reaction score
Website
p7.hostingprod.com
Okay, I don't have the brain power to plow through that thing, but, er, shouldn't PA's lawyer know that people aren't citizens of states?

Actually, they are. If I recall correctly from my law school years, such pleading is necessary to establish federal jurisdiction, because one of the bases for federal civil jurisdiction is when plaintiff and defendant are citizens of different states. If you sue someone from your own state, the lawsuit usually belongs in state court, not federal court.

States have the status of a sovereign, separate from the federal government. That is why a person can be prosecuted for the same crime in both federal and state court without violating Double Jeopardy. (That doesn't happen often, because federal policy forbids it without approval from DOJ in D.C. But it does happen--such as the cops who beat Rodney King and were acquitted in state court, then prosecuted in federal court.) Because state and federal are different sovereigns, you are considered a citizen of both.

Terie

Writer is as Writer does
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teriegarrison.com
Actually, they are. If I recall correctly from my law school years, such pleading is necessary to establish federal jurisdiction, because one of the bases for federal civil jurisdiction is when plaintiff and defendant are citizens of different states. If you sue someone from your own state, the lawsuit usually belongs in state court, not federal court.

States have the status of a sovereign, separate from the federal government. That is why a person can be prosecuted for the same crime in both federal and state court without violating Double Jeopardy. (That doesn't happen often, because federal policy forbids it without approval from DOJ in D.C. But it does happen--such as the cops who beat Rodney King and were acquitted in state court, then prosecuted in federal court.) Because state and federal are different sovereigns, you are considered a citizen of both.

IANAL, but what I know is this: my passport is from the United States, not California. States don't issue passports or have anything whatsoever to do with citizenship issues.

Everything I've ever heard and read is that one is a citizen of the US and a legal resident of a state (if applicable).

pangalactic

Gargling blasters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
chrisbissette.com
IANAL, but what I know is this: my passport is from the United States, not California. States don't issue passports or have anything whatsoever to do with citizenship issues.

Everything I've ever heard and read is that one is a citizen of the US and a legal resident of a state (if applicable).

I think this might be a matter of legal semantics as opposed to a matter of citizenships. IANAL, though, nor am I American, so I have no idea.

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Update, from PACER:

The Meinerses haven't yet been able to serve Sinthyia Darkness or Thomas Meyers, because they haven't been able to locate them (despite hiring process servers and a private detective). On 11/17, they applied (through Cretella) for a 30-day extension of time to serve, which was granted on the same day.

Philip Dolan has been served. On agreement with the plaintiffs, he has been granted an extension until December 12 to respond.

Interestingly, over the past couple of months I've gotten several forwarded obscene Craigslist postings from Cretella's email address.

- Victoria

Sirion

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
The complaint was filed by Victor Cretella. The plaintiffs are demanding $2 million in compensatory and punitive damages, and a jury trial.

- Victoria

Tw...uh....WHAT?

$2 million for damages? How about PA pays $2 million dollars to the thousand they've scammed. It really feels like they get more brazen every day.

*head explodes*

States certainly have citizens, usually defined by their constitutions.

The United States has a system of dual citizenship where one is a citizen of the State of residence as well as a citizen of the United States. State constitutions may grant certain rights above and beyond what are granted under the US Constitution and may impose their own obligations including the sovereign right of taxation and military service (each state maintains at least one military force subject to national militia transfer service, the state's national guard, and some states maintain a second military force not subject to nationalization).

In fact, governors bestowing honorary state citizenship on certain individuals isn't unheard of. Brigadier Gen. John Rossi was given honorary Texas citizenship by Gov. Perry just this year.

However, for simplicities sake, the national government was giving control over international passports and such. I wouldn't be surprised if one day (100 years+) the European Union had a similar system.

The more you know. :)

Still, the lady is wrong about so many other things....

Last edited:

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
PA wants a Jury trial?

INAL*, but asking for a jury trial is standard practice. I've read that in some jurisdictions, if you don't ask for a jury trial up front you may not be able to change your mind down the road. Also, the law varies by state and the type of court.

(Standard disclaimer, I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. Alan Shore can come sit on my patio and have a drink any time!)

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
She may be killing off her silly fake name, but I seriously doubt that she herself is dead. Per the most recent documents on PACER about the Meiners' lawsuit naming Darkness, she and her husband, Thomas Meyer, have been successfully evading service for several months. I suspect that the death claim is part of that.

- Victoria

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
More evidence of Sinthyia's non-death:

A photo of Sinthyia (not captioned, but check the URL).

And here's Tatyana Versace, who wrote the transparently bogus (check the last paragraph) "death" story for Examiner (for which Sinthyia also wrote, before she closed down her profile on December 19), and mysteriously has the exact same photo.

The photo is likely fake, by the way (here's what may be a real pic of Sinthyia)--but what are the odds that two different individuals would use the same fake photo?

So is Sinthyia, or whatever her actual name is, really trying to make people believe she's dead? Or is she just fucking with PA? I'm inclined to think the latter.

- Victoria

Last edited:

LouLucy

Registered
Reaction score
Me too. First her blog and her posts did not sound like a 24-year-old male. Second it does sound like she is fucking with PA. Should be fun to watch though.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
I particularly liked the chat about the mafia. I am not sure the mafia would accept anyone associated with PA, not intelligent enough.