Jactancy January 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
1030 today.

Congrats to everyone who got words out. And to everyone else, all the best for tomorrow.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
I'm with those on the zero bench for the weekend. Mine was by design though. Needed some time away from the WIP. Spent Saturday with an old friend from my Navy days and went to a local brewery for a tour and tasting. Haven't seen her in 31 years! It was nice catching up and reminiscing about our other shipmates and our time onboard together. All in all, a good weekend. Now back to the WIP and some wordage. :whip:

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The zero word bench, at least, is quite comfy and has cookies...

Cookies!:drool

I took my own advice and moved away from my WIP. (It was either that or toss it in the bin.:rant:) Wrote a short story - 1172 words. It still needs editing, but I'm just relieved to get some words down on paper for a change.

Saoirse, how's the jaw today?

I'm with those on the zero bench for the weekend. Mine was by design though. Needed some time away from the WIP. Spent Saturday with an old friend from my Navy days and went to a local brewery for a tour and tasting. Haven't seen her in 31 years! It was nice catching up and reminiscing about our other shipmates and our time onboard together. All in all, a good weekend. Now back to the WIP and some wordage.
Sounds like a great weekend, Ken. Hoping you're working hard today to make up?:poke:

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Thanks, muse, it was a pretty good Saturday.

Back at it, even if I only got 317 words. The good news is, that wrapped up the chapter and a tough scene, and the WIP is up to 40323 words! :D

Hectic Monday at the "day job", so I suppose I was lucky to get as much as I did. Hopefully it will slow down and I can get more tomorrow.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
1,459 words tonight... except they're not all new ones, cos this is one of those chapters that actually made it through from the first draft.

I say made it through, but it's more like saying you were on CSI and it turns out you played a cadaver. And you blinked.

:D

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
1096 today.

I was keen to write more but I've just been told I have to prepare a presentation for a job interview tomorrow so that takes priority.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1096 today.

I was keen to write more but I've just been told I have to prepare a presentation for a job interview tomorrow so that takes priority.

Good luck on the job interview, franky.

No words so far today. Did some editing, but that was taking words out, not putting them in.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Franky!

Been at Ikea today to buy bits for the new kitchen I'm building, and forgot to buy Red Bull so there may be no words tonight. Got a day off tomorrow though so might start filling in some chapters or start the new synopsis maybe.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Way to go, Matt! Feels good, doesn't it? :D

Good luck, franky s, you'll nail it!

Well, a better turn out on words today. Got a whopping 580, bringing the WIP up to *40,903! Still a long way to go, but it's getting closer by the day!

*For those keeping score, I actually edited two words out of the previous chapter, which accounts for the -2 on the WIP WC.

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Good work everyone!

A hefty 1820 for me today on this new project. No planning whatsoever, just going with the flow...and enjoying it!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Hope it all went well, franky!

1082 tonight. I'm probably 5-7k away from the end at this point, but you never know until you get there...

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I snuck on here before my interview and reading them all was really morale boosty (That's a word, right?)

So yeah, you guys are awesome.

And word count: 0 (just so this post isn't completely off-topic)

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
1,617 today but that was Synopsis II: The Revenge. It's only allowed to be 1,000 so it's going to need serious revision soon, but not tonight I don't think.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like the words are beginning to flow again, Zelenka.;)

franky - hope the interview went well.

Ken, Liz, Saoirse, IAMWRITER - whoo-hoo on the wordage guys.:hooray:

Been a manic day here today, but hoping to settle down to write later and catch me some of those elusive words.:D

Today, so far = 0