Captain Power's Party Dirigible (complete with disco pool!)

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
*gasp!* Whoever they are, they've changed all our sticky thread names, as well!

I refuse to believe sissybaby would be involved in such a heinous (sp?) crime.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

You're too darn clever. :D

I will confess to changing the names of the stickied thread. But I did not steal the dirigible. I'm right here, sitting in the grass. ;)

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I missed the day's shenanigans whilst sightseeing Seattle with my parents :( I hope mass chaos was created!

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I am not a thief! I have never been a thief! Well, except for that bottle of bright red nail polish I swiped from the TG&Y when I was twelve. I stuck it down the middle of my brand new first bra. But then I got home and felt guilty, so I walked a mile and a half back to the store and returned it.

My mother would have killed me, anyway, so it didn't matter.

But I draw the line at dirigibles. Besides, even though my dainty unmentionables have grown since then, they still won't hold the dirigible. Especially not with that amazing verandah!

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am not a thief! I have never been a thief! Well, except for that bottle of bright red nail polish I swiped from the TG&Y when I was twelve. I stuck it down the middle of my brand new first bra. But then I got home and felt guilty, so I walked a mile and a half back to the store and returned it.

My mother would have killed me, anyway, so it didn't matter.

But I draw the line at dirigibles. Besides, even though my dainty unmentionables have grown since then, they still won't hold the dirigible. Especially not with that amazing verandah!

:roll:

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
The case is solved. I had nothing to do with that. :) We have our dirigible back! There's no place like home.

01-manned-cloud-bdsq.jpg

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good job, Captain Power! We have our dirigible back. :D

(But somebody has transformed Dave! Oh, well. He's cuter this way. ;))

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I thought Cookie Monster only ate cookies. But Dave's right. My first thought was a whale, also.

Glad it's back, though. Those accusations were causing me nightmares.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
*gruff bulldog voice* Sausages!

you mean, Snausages! (or don't they have those in the UK? sausage-shaped doggie treats?)

Well, duh, I had relatives in town and totally forgot about the April Fool's Day Mayhem! Missed the whole thing.

Now I'll never be properly confused. Well, until next year...

DavidBrett

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidbrettandrews.wordpress.com
you mean, Snausages! (or don't they have those in the UK? sausage-shaped doggie treats?)

I don't think so... I was making an impression of a dog from an old Walls Sausages advert. Don't worry, it was a very vague reference.

I'll never forget my best April Fools gag. All the boys in the 7th and 8th Grade (I was in a school that had mostly Americans in it, so they went by their school-system) made a plan for a lockout. We got to the school at six AM, locked all doors and windows and went nuts! It was great fun... Until the teachers launched a counterstrike...

They tried entering through a long, dark tunnel that ran under the babyhouse up into the school basement and into the kitchen, but we managed to get a garden hose all the way down there, forcing them back. But it didn't stop there...

The oldest boys went out to get snacks for the troops. This proved to be their undoing, as we soon got a call on the school's phone; the boys had been captured by the enemy, with a ransom demand of two dozen fresh, homemade cookies. The girls started baking the cookies (they're idea, not ours) as we made our plan. I went with two other boys to the factory cellar the kidnapped comrades were reportedly being held...

They weren't there! All we could find was another ransom note demanding to take the cookies to the top of a big hill nearby. A big BIG hill. By the time we got to the top, guess what? No boys there, either. Just a pair of binoculars...

A flashing light caught our attention - the adults were waving at us from the outdoor swimming pool! It took us about twenty minutes to get down there, and when we did...yeah. No one there, just a note saying return to the school. You can probably see where this is going...

By the time we got back, the front door was wide open, the barricades strewn down the hall. Everyone was gathered in the main hall... Students AND teachers.

They'd divided and conquered! But it was about half one, and since a) we'd started at six and b) April Fools ends at noon, the teachers conceded overall defeat and commended us on our tenacity and commitment... Then they had us clean up the barricades whilst they ate the cookies.

Brilliant day.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Gee, I went to a very boring school, I guess. Or else I was clueless and hung out with the wrong crowd. Probably the latter.

Sounds like a great day, though. Hope they shared the cookies?

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Good heavens! Your story seems much too good to be true. I can suspend disbelief for the barricades, and the garden hose, and the cookies... but a faculty with a sense of humor? At middle school?

That seems like a fairy tale, to me.

DavidBrett

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidbrettandrews.wordpress.com
Well, you elaborate it was a school with a Christian community I lived in for a year and a half (http://www.bruderhof.com/, for anyone interested), so the teachers' and students' families lived together anyways, so they're all really close. The school is one for the children of the community, not a government-funded private school, so no one outside the community was involved. Cos, yeah... You couldn't THINK of doing something of that magnitude in a private school.

The factory in the story was what they call the Shop; it's where they make their own line of nursery toys and equipment (the brand is called Community Playthings, if we have any nursery nurses who may be familiar with their products).

The hill was the entrance to the community. From there it's just a ten minute walk to the train station.

The outdoor pool is actually called the Pond, and is exactly what it sounds like. I called it a pool because I know how weird Pond sounds...

And that's about it! And I promise, Judy, it's 100% true. The teachers were great sports. But then again, living in such close proximity with all the children, they were more like a huge secondary family, anyway.

And nope, sissy, no cookies were shared. But don't worry; the girls had made too many anyways, so we had some before setting out to deliver the 'ransom'.

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Okay, not a big enough deal to get the blimp all gassed up, but I just sold my 1,000th copy of SZJMB.

So, I'm handing out warm cookies and brownies to everyone on board!

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Thanks, and in case you are wondering, "gas up the blimp" was an attempt at a pun ;-)

Last edited:

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, not a big enough deal to get the blimp all gassed up, but I just sold my 1,000th copy of SZJMB.

So, I'm handing out warm cookies and brownies to everyone on board!

That's awesome! And I'm not just saying that because of the cookies. Congratulations.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Mike - that IS awesome. My goal right now is to sell 2 once mine comes out. That will be my brother and sister. After that, if there is an after that, it will all be icing on the cake!

Oh, yes, cake! I would be ever so appreciative of some of those warm brownies, if there are any left?

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
THAT IS A BIG DEAL, mware01! The party is on. :)

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like a very good reason to party. Congrats! (and thanks for the cookie...)