Questions about Submissions/Queries that have gone Astray or Wait Times

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Leave it for now. They acknowledge when they actually assign to readers. In one of my submissions that was two and a half weeks later.

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
On a related note:

how long is it usually between the editor saying "we're accepting your story" and the contract arriving?

A few days ago I got a response of "we want to buy your story, contract to follow", and the contract hasn't followed yet. At what point should I email and ask what's up?

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
On a related note:

how long is it usually between the editor saying "we're accepting your story" and the contract arriving?

A few days ago I got a response of "we want to buy your story, contract to follow", and the contract hasn't followed yet. At what point should I email and ask what's up?

I suppose it varies by magazine. . .some I've had take over a month. I actually recently nudged a magazine that said in the beginning of Nov they wanted to publish something of mine.

I always want the 'yes' made real by the contract, sigh.

DarkSongofErrin

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone submit to the Australian magazine Aurealis? I have previously over a year ago, and both times got an acknowledgment of the submission within a day or so. This time, nothing, it's been about two weeks. But it says nothing on the website about sending an acknowledgment of submission received. So do I just leave it?

Just in case anyone else may wonder the same as I did above. I didn't end up getting an acknowledgment of submission, but did get a rejection, I noticed its signed by a new submissions manager so they may have changed their process.