Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, that raises a question. Once the judging is complete, will the entries be posted anonymously, so we can see them? Will the winners' entries be posted with their names and level of awardiness? (Yeah, there's probably a real word that means that, but whatever gets the idea across, right?) Will I get a good lottery number in the Springsteen ticket draw?

Maryn, full of questions if not breakfast

qdsb

Cynical Idealist
Registered
Reaction score
JUDGING
Judging will be done, as always, by the AW community. Voters are asked to pick the Top 3, in order, by number. Voters should send their votes in a Private Message to me. Votes must be received by 8:45 p.m. EST, Thursday, Nov. 22. (Note: We may also have a special celebrity guest judge helping out … I don’t want to jinx it. However, that person may help judge the entries as well ... more to come.

ETCETERA
In addition to the submissions thread, the contest will also have a discussion thread for AW to discuss each anonymous entry.
For more information, please PM jst5150 for more.

The original contest announcement would seem to indicate that, yes, each entry will be posted anonymously for commentary and voting. :)

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
And to clarify, yes, the entries will be posted anonymously. Actual votes should be PM'd to me; however, I may -- MAY -- create a poll for drive-bys. That poll WILL NOT (Foot stomp) will not count in the final tally. Only those who PM with votes will be counted.

qdsb

Cynical Idealist
Registered
Reaction score
Any word on the potential celebrity guest judge?

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
I'm going to rep the bunch of you tonight -- rep script is broken here at work. :-(

qdsb

Cynical Idealist
Registered
Reaction score
In the interest of preventing humiliation--most especially my own--, I'd like to suggest that the total scores of each entry NOT be posted.

Based on nerdrus's Poetry contest experience, I'd rather not know if I come in dead last. I'd also rather not have everyone on AW know it either.

Just a suggestion. :) (No offense to anyone involved in the running of the Poetry contest!!!!)

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
In the interest of preventing humiliation--most especially my own--, I'd like to suggest that the total scores of each entry NOT be posted.

Based on nerdrus's Poetry contest experience, I'd rather not know if I come in dead last. I'd also rather not have everyone on AW know it either.

Just a suggestion. (No offense to anyone involved in the running of the Poetry contest!!!!)
I wouldn't think of doing it any other way. What will be announced will be first, second and third place winners. If contestants are curious about their scores, I'll be happy to release their scores and placements to those people via PM. Otherwise, the scores will be known only to me.

ETA: I will tally the scores and have a couple of mods verify those totals as well to ensure credibility on both ends as well. Again, I stress -- I am not a judge, just the administrator and prize giver. :)

Last edited:

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
LOL, in fairness to Mr. Poetinahat, we who enter those contests are given an option to not have our names attached to our poems. An option I might well choose to exercise in future. :D And we know going in how it's set up. It's okay.

They do like my goofy stuff over in Office Party Silly Friday, so, Getting Shellacked, thy Sting is Brief.

Last edited:

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
If contestants are curious about their scores, I'll be happy to release their scores and placements to those people via PM. Otherwise, the scores will be known only to me.

Very cool, and thanks.

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
SEVEN (7) entires now with just 2.5 days to go. I'd remind you that you can submit multiple entries, but not more than two.

I welcome all of you to enter. See the top of this thread for details!

jt

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
T-Minus two days until we close the contest. C'mon folks! Let's get a few more entries!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Surely someone dreamt a nice character sketch last night...

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Surely someone dreamt a nice character sketch last night...

I dreamt of characters, but none worth sketching. Absolutely not. *shudder*

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
ONE DAY MORE! No, not a classic line from 'Les Miz.'

Rather, the amount of yime left to enter. I know you're entry is ready. Don't be afraid to submit. Just 1,000 words -- let's go!

Black ... the dark of ink on pages ...

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Will we be having the celebrity mystery judgetype person? If so, will their identity be revealed? Will there be coffee, doughnuts, drinks, crudite(s)?
Inquiring minds are . . . inquiring. :D Well. Mine is.

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
12 hours and counting until deadline! Chop chop people! Add this one to your 'submissions/acceptances' pile!

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
FOUR hours and counting until deadline! We're up to NINE (9) entries and looking for your entry in my mailbox! Let's go, AW team!

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Now TWELVE (12) entries strong with about 20 minutes to go! C'Mon folks!

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
It's time to vote!

I'd like your help in getting the word out about voting in the MCL Contest. The thread with the details is here. Votes are done by PM to me. Please stick it in your sigs or beat the electron-powered kettle drums. In any case, I'd appreciate whatever digital ink and shout out you can give to rock the vote for your fellow AWers who took the time and entered this contest.

Thanks!

Jason

PS, here's that thread address again: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84147

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
11 votes so far, folks! Hop out of Office Party and take 30 minutes or so to glean the entries and vote.

Thanks!

Closing this thread here; please trot over to the Discussion thread to continue the conversation.

jt

Status
Not open for further replies.