• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Please and Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosalyn_Kae

Better to be forgotten than sued!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deathbyink-rosalynkae.blogspot.com
Okay, so here's the deal. This is uncharted territory for me in terms of writing. I'm currently trying my hand at writing a literary thriller to see whether or not I completely suck at it. What I'm proposing is the the third draft of my manuscript so most of the usual kinks (such as spelling, grammar and punctuation) are straightened out. Most of them. What I'd like are a few beta readers (or critique partners) seeking a bit of a challenge. I don't ask for a miracle, just a little patience. I need someone willing to stick with me through the long haul, maybe go a couple rounds with me until we all either get sick of each other or until the manuscript is polished perfection (whichever comes first. ;))

I am of course willing to return the favor. My request is beta readers who aren't afraid to tell me the blunt truth, beta readers who are are very meticulous, but not nit-picky, willing to communicate via email and are first and foremost voracious readers. This, I hope, isn't too much to ask. Anyone willing to accept my offer should PM if interested. Feel free (but don't feel obligated) to tell me what kind of reader you are. Do you line edit? Check for prose? Are you a plot-driven reader or a character-driven reader? What are you favorite genres to read or critique? Tell me anything you wish for me to know, but please only reply if you're serious about accepting. Also, if you're a writer, let me know what genre you write. I'm curious and always interested in meeting other writers.

Until then, I thank you all for your consideration and hope for the best of your writing careers! :D

Osulagh

Independent fluffy puppy.
Registered
Reaction score
Please read the stickies and revise the title of this thread and the opening post so people can know what you're looking for and offering in return.

You've told us "literary thriller" as in what you're writing. Outside of that, we know NOTHING about the book.
Sounds like you're looking for a crit buddy. Are you?
And, you should detail what you prefer to read and critique and whatnot.

cbrmale

Registered
Reaction score
Rosalyn,
I have sent you a PM regarding your need for a beta reader as distinct from a critque partner, but I am willing to read subsequent drafts based upon any feedback that I give you. In turn you can read my completed MS and I have included details of what I want in my PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.