Welcome, Lurkers!

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Softwords, Cloquet and HSLane! Always nice to meet de-lurkers!

And don't let Maryn scare you. She might try to act crunchy, but she's really all soft and squishy on the inside.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also on the outside, alas...

Maryn, unacceptably squishy

articshark

shoes are like crack
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome All! I haven't stopped in this thread since I was the "lurker." lol This part of the board is WAY more fun if you de-lurk (yes, I know it isn't a word but if we can get de-plane into the dictionary, we should be able to get de-lurk in, no?) and jump into the deep end. :D

Annora Nin

Registered
Reaction score
Newbie saying hello

So, I signed up here about a month ago, stumbling on to the site in some google search I've since forgotten. I'm 52 years old, have always wanted to write but have never applied myself, though I've always been told I'm a good writer. I've written poetry all my life and have performed as a slam poet locally on occasion.

Recently a couple of friends invited me to an informal group they have and meet with twice a month. They are trying to realize their own dreams, start their own businesses, they want to help myself and another friend achieve our dreams to, so now there are four of us in this group helping each other stay focused on what we want to do, and accountable for doing it.

I'm interested in two different types of writing. One is memoir type writing and the other is erotica. I am mostly interested in writing taboo erotica. If anyone knows of somewhere I can submit a non-taboo 1,500 word erotic story I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Actually, the one I've written is about 100 words shy of that, but I can rework it. I haven't done much in the way of actual writing yet, just making the commitment to do so, so that I can make an income doing what I actually want to do. Thanks.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's better. I shall erase your demerit.

Maryn, kidding (I ain't erasin' nothin'!)

dangerousbill

Retired Illuminatus
Registered
Reaction score
If anyone knows of somewhere I can submit a non-taboo 1,500 word erotic story I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Start with 'Clean Sheets' (Google it). They're one of the top places, and I don't think they pay, but you do have to serve your apprenticeship. Short stories in general don't pay much.

You can stay aware of markets by keeping tuned in here at AW, and you can join ERWA at www.erotica-readers.com (free). Most calls for submissions, including anthologies, go there.

An anthology, by the way, is the easiest way to get a short story published. I pubbed my first fiction ever in an anthology and was paid enough to buy that new camera I wanted. (But this was rare; most anthologies don't pay that much.)

cloquet

Registered
Reaction score
Everyone here is so nice. :) Thank you for all the kind welcomes.

It really is, and it's overflowing with good advice - I worry that I won't have anything to a thread because it's been said already.

Oh, and this is me, I guess. I'm a new writer (started a month ago), focusing on paranormal romance/erotica and maybe urban fantasy. One of the things I want to do is write in Asian material - characters, mythology, history, ect ect. One of the things that spurred me to write was because I looked at a bookshelf and realized how many of the MCs were white, and how little Asian material there was; I'm Japanese, and wanted to add some bit of my heritage to it.

Just gotta say that I'd love to read a paranormal romance with asian mythology! Are you planning to write a short story or something longer?

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I've been lurking here off and on for a while. I haven't gotten the courage to actually try writing any real erotica, though I read it now and again. I don't shy away from putting sex scenes in my writing as called for by the plot, so I'm always looking for pointers on how to write them effectively at whatever level of detail is appropriate for the market.

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
I've not been lurking- I've just been absent from the whole forum for a really, really long time.

But I thought I'd use this thread to say I've come back lol!

Smut is most definitely being written and more is on its way...

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah-ha, we got this one back. I told you all we had this undeniable allure...

Maryn, glad to see returnees

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
It's true! the allure is most strong with these ones lol!

Hi Maryn! :)

Just read the most squishy delightful m/m fantasy two part series and am still sighing from it lol! Song of the Fallen, Counterpoint and Crescendo if anyone has a hankering for seriously hot elf/human relations and a fabulous fantasy story.

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Roxxsmom! I've seen you around other parts of AW. Glad you joined us over in the fun zone!

Welcome (back), LunaFancy!

Sheena.Wyrd

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I hope you guys are doing well.

I write romance with a healthy dose of erotica and a few other genres sprinkled in. I'm relatively new as I writer but I am a lifelong bibliophile and tend to devour books like they're chocolate chocolate whispers. :eek:

I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time in this section.

BKurious1

Registered
Reaction score
I've not been lurking- I've just been absent from the whole forum for a really, really long time.

But I thought I'd use this thread to say I've come back lol!

Smut is most definitely being written and more is on its way...

Hi all, I am just like LunaFancy up there :hi:...well, sort of...I'm not from Australia...and I don't have very many posts...and I joined in on the fun of AW (originally) a year or two later so I haven't been gone as long...and Maryn probably has no clue who I am (hopefully that will change - in a positive way, though)... BUT...I haven't been lurking, just absent for a long time...I have been writing smut while away...and I am using this thread to say hi, again...see, it is almost like we are twins, or something... ;)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, lookit all the new kids! It's a pleasure to meet all of you.

In case anybody doesn't yet know it, to get to Erotica - Share Your Work and the password-protected part of the erotica board, you need a password. You get it by contacting me or veinglory, asking for the password, and saying you are 21 years old or older.

Maryn, way, way older (but still immature)

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Kind of a lurker here. I used to frequent this site a long time ago...to be quite honest and selfish about it, I need the inspiration of others again.

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, look at all the new victims friends! And you might want to add rubber gloves...heck, just bring a whole hazmat suit. :D