So I screwed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score
I just submitted a story and I screwed up.

Guidelines say to add your pseudonym to the body of the submissions email and I didn't... except my pseudonym is just my initials with my last name. The body of my email has my first name spelled out, the actual manuscript has my initials and my last name.

Is this actually an issue? Do I need to email them or am I worried over nothing?

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
depends why they want things that way
if there is a particular reason then it is a concern and maybe you should do something
if it is just a matter of format then really no worries

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score
Well I can't really divine why they want it that way. I would assume it's to help them match up the email with the manuscript, but I'm not certain.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's probably nothing. If they want the story, you will have a couple exchanges with them about contracts, edits, etc and all this can be cleared up at that time--and it doesn't sound like much to clear up anyway. I highly doubt they are going to bail on a story they want because the name on the story doesn't match the name on the email.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with Chris P. Not to stress over.

Maryn, sure

BrianJamesFreeman

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.BrianJamesFreeman.com
It's probably nothing. If they want the story, you will have a couple exchanges with them about contracts, edits, etc and all this can be cleared up at that time--and it doesn't sound like much to clear up anyway. I highly doubt they are going to bail on a story they want because the name on the story doesn't match the name on the email.

Yep, agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.