Writer's Digest Bot Apocalypse Refugee Camp

ladybritches

late to the party
Registered
Reaction score
Well I've sort of seen the new WD. I had to register under a new name, but I can't post anything. Nyeh!

You mean they still don't have the registration worked out? Hmm. That is troubling. Once we get our mods back, things should get better. Apparently even the old administrators are locked out right now. :Shrug:

I'm trying to be patient.

Kim Fierce

Attack me with everything you have.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
You mean they still don't have the registration worked out? Hmm. That is troubling. Once we get our mods back, things should get better. Apparently even the old administrators are locked out right now. :Shrug:

I'm trying to be patient.

I didn't know that. It doesn't seem like there have been many new posts, at least in SFF, but I have only been in a couple times. When I get home later I'll try to get in there again!

ladybritches

late to the party
Registered
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why the post times show up wrong for me. I have my time zone set to Central (my time) but the times for other people's posts are all messed up. Like, it might say Gale's post was at 8:30 pm, even though I'm pretty sure we're in the same zone, and I know the post was made in the morning.

It's frustrating because I don't know how old the posts really are. :rant:

allz28

No Stranger To Rejection
Registered
Reaction score
Well, at least Brian finally posted an update on WD. Better late than never, I guess.

writerinthewoods

Registered
Reaction score
If they ever get that thing running right, I will have a decision to make. Continue to hang out here, or back there. I don't want to spend the time in two forums, but will miss the crowd if everyone goes back there. I like this one now that I am getting used to it. Lots more going on.

Kim Fierce

Attack me with everything you have.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
Yeah when I first got here I thought it was like Disney Land but I slowly started going back to WD more just because I knew so many people there. But so far I have only been able to log in to the new one a couple times and have never been able to post. So dang.

allz28

No Stranger To Rejection
Registered
Reaction score
I think I heard people were having trouble posting if they were using internet explorer. Have you tried mozilla or chrome?

ladybritches

late to the party
Registered
Reaction score
Well, at least Brian finally posted an update on WD. Better late than never, I guess.

I have a confession to make. I PM'd Brian and asked if he could come on and reassure us. He responded right away, so I think they do still care.
:)

I'm not having any posting issues either, but I'm using Firefox. I like this site, too, and I'm planning to visit both places. Sometimes WD is a little too quiet, but I feel like it's easier to get to know people over there. More like family.

Last edited:

ladybritches

late to the party
Registered
Reaction score
And my question about the times being screwed up was for this site, not WD.

Guess I'll figure it out eventually. I usually do.

allz28

No Stranger To Rejection
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad you did that, Vonny, because we needed it.

I guess I agree that they still care, but I have to admit I think most professionals would have thought to post an update much sooner (and without us asking them).

allz28

No Stranger To Rejection
Registered
Reaction score
That's probably your problem then, Kim. Do a search for Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. You should be able to install one for free. Then use that to access the WD forums.

I'm using mozilla firefox and have no problems logging in and everything works correctly.

writerinthewoods

Registered
Reaction score
I have been using Firefox off and on for a few years. Switched to Chrome once and liked it, but it didn't work on many of the sites I have to visit for my work. So I am back to Firefox.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Guys, WD has worked really hard for writers for a lot of years, and I'm sure they're trying to figure stuff out. :)

Patience with this stuff can be crazy-making, and it always seems like it takes longer than expected, I know, but they'll be better'n ever, in the end, I'd bet.

In the meantime, no one site can be all things to all people -- so don't worry about hurting our feelings cuz you miss or prefer your WD community, 'kay? We totally understand.

I'd encourage members of the WD community to be frank and communicative about your concerns, problems, and questions, to the powers that be at WD. You're all absolutely welcome here, too, of course, and always will be -- but I completely understand missing a community that felt like home to so many people.

In the meantime, if there's anything at all I can do to help, just say the word, okay?

Last edited:

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, just now saw this. Welcome, folk. :)

Lydia Sharp

for the love of love
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lydiasharp.blogspot.com
Hey, everyone. :D

Just an FYI for anyone who is checking in here and not at the WD site...

A few of us mods have banded together and are trying to get things moving along at a more productive pace. It's really out of our hands, unfortunately, but please know that we are doing whatever we can to let your voices be heard. Most of us are just very sad over the whole ordeal. We did have a nice family feel there, especially in certain sub-forums. Hopefully this will all be sorted out soon.

I'll try to check in here more often. I forgot this thread was here, actually, while trying to deal with the crazies. Thanks to Kim for reminding me!